Going barefoot in public

Talk about the latest trends, Your fashion disasters, other peoples fashion disasters
steffybarefootmum
Wall Flower

Going barefoot in public

Postby steffybarefootmum » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:16 pm

Just interested to know if any of you ladies walk around in bare feet in public, as part of your individual fashion style? I go barefoot everywhere and love the experience, as do my children. Just wondering if anyone else does the same. Down here in New Zealand it is very common.

DavyJ
Teacher

Re: Going barefoot in public

Postby DavyJ » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:41 am

I think women look good when barefooted (weather permitting, of course). Here in the US, you don't see it very often, but I usually notice, and they always look good.

I was at out dancing years ago where a woman was dancing barefooted in a very short dress. Now being a guy, of course I noticed the short dress first. But after a bit I had to admit that the bare feet added as much to her outfit as the dress. She was a very good dancer.

emilycurious
M'Lady

Postby emilycurious » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:00 pm

If you see Kay
Last edited by emilycurious on Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them." Attributed to Margaret Atwood.

steffybarefootmum
Wall Flower

Postby steffybarefootmum » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:12 pm

Thats a great idea! I love watching my man walk round in bare feet, especially out in public

Jean-Louise
FF Royalty

Postby Jean-Louise » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:09 pm

I don’t mind going barefoot, but I refuse to go pregnant in public

thechainhut
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby thechainhut » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:07 am

Going barefoot actually has it's advantages. Lot of acupressure points are there in the feet, and it keeps you fit and healthy. You should walk barefoot on grass for sometime if weather permits!

alisonwonderland

Postby alisonwonderland » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:24 pm

I love to be barefoot everywhere, its more of an indoors thing this time of year tho, unless im drunk wen my feet become immune to cold.

LancsGuy
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby LancsGuy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:36 am

I was at a cash machine on Christmas Day and looked down to see the person next to me was barefoot. In the UK it was probably about 4 deg c but this woman was dressed in a fleece and jeans with no shoes at all.

Debbie1980
Just warming up

Postby Debbie1980 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:25 pm

I wouldnt even contemplate being barefoot at present outdoors, or any other time for that matter as usually too cold lol, only time I did was when really drunk.

steffybarefootmum
Wall Flower

Postby steffybarefootmum » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:19 pm

Its a beautiful summer down here in Auckland, New Zealand so Im barefoot constantly...even our winters are mild so I can be barefoot all year round, no problems!

Jean-Louise
FF Royalty

Postby Jean-Louise » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:38 pm

I was at a cash machine on Christmas Day and looked down to see the person next to me was barefoot. In the UK it was probably about 4 deg c but this woman was dressed in a fleece and jeans with no shoes at all.
Glutton for punishment?

Julie-Anne
Regent Empress

Postby Julie-Anne » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:05 pm

In the depths of winter, I'd automatically worry that person can't afford shoes(unless it was at the end of a night out)
Last edited by Julie-Anne on Thu May 24, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LancsGuy
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby LancsGuy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:15 am

Nope, she was driving a car which she parked in the nearby car park, so not too poor to own shoes.

alisonwonderland

Postby alisonwonderland » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:56 pm

Maybe she was just popping out and couldn't be bothered, i do it all the time

steffybarefootmum
Wall Flower

Postby steffybarefootmum » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:24 am

Yeah I never wear shoes when I go out in public, although down here in New Zealand our winters are much warmer than in UK. In a couple of weeks time I'll be going to a church wedding and I will be in bare feet, simply because I am more comfortable that way.

LancsGuy
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby LancsGuy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:21 am

Maybe she was just popping out and couldn't be bothered, i do it all the time

That's cool.

steffybarefootmum
Wall Flower

Postby steffybarefootmum » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:53 am

Yeah I am always barefoot out shopping, simply can be bothered looking for any shoes to wear

Sonja47Bi
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

Postby Sonja47Bi » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:53 am

I have been barefoot in Public 2 times, one time when my shoes were stolen at a party and once after a girls-night out when i sort of lost or forgot them.

Julie-Anne
Regent Empress

Postby Julie-Anne » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:28 pm

You have never been to a beach or public swimming pool?
Last edited by Julie-Anne on Thu May 24, 2018 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emilycurious
M'Lady

Postby emilycurious » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:50 pm

Jules, you just screwed this whole thread, and shriveled dicks, by asking a rational question.

Sonja47Bi
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

Postby Sonja47Bi » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:09 pm

I have been barefoot in Public 2 times, one time when my shoes were stolen at a party and once after a girls-night out when i sort of lost or forgot them.
I ment beside that but i see it can be misunderstood

Debbie1980
Just warming up

Postby Debbie1980 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:49 pm

Very seldom do I ever go barefoot in public.

steffybarefootmum
Wall Flower

Postby steffybarefootmum » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:44 am

Its winter down here in New Zealand, but Im still barefoot......anyone having a summer in bare feet?

Tootsies10
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Tootsies10 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:51 pm

:clap: I'm in the UK and go public barefoot whenever possible. Not in snow
as I can't see what's under my feet but I love the feel of smooth pavements like those slabs of concrete
under my feet. AND I LOVE walking barefoot in the rain!

I go into Spar to do my shopping barefoot and as of yet nobody as said anything and I go to work that way;
luckily I have an underdstanding boss, if she objects then she's not yet said anything to me about it!

I always take a pair of sandals in shops with me in case of any staff grumping about my bare feet.

I've got septicemia in my leg and foot so have to be careful and according to my doctor its ok being
barefoot with my Type 2 diabetes.

emilycurious
M'Lady

Postby emilycurious » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:58 pm

I've got septicemia in my leg and foot
WASH your feet!
"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them." Attributed to Margaret Atwood.

KatieJ94

Postby KatieJ94 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:24 am

Its winter down here in New Zealand, but Im still barefoot......anyone having a summer in bare feet?
I’m having a fabulous barefoot summer, the weather here in UK has been absolutely glorious just lately and of course that means there’s no need for shoes at all. I’ve been everywhere barefoot shops, supermarket, school, into town, cinema absolutely everywhere without any problems.

How’s your barefoot winter going Steffy?

Katie xx

steffybarefootmum
Wall Flower

Postby steffybarefootmum » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:35 pm

Everythings going fine down here in New Zealand...I'm barefoot everywhere, as are my children. Winter's here are really mild, no snow or sh%t like that. I just wear leggings or jeans (really long ones that drag on the ground!).
My soles get absolutely filthy, which I obviously dont care about, its all part of the fun!

KatieJ94

Postby KatieJ94 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:54 pm

That’s lovely to hear Steffy and it’s so fantastic that you encourage your children to be barefoot.

I more often wear skinny jeans in the colder weather that way my bare feet are still poking out and clearly visible, part of the enjoyment is knowing everyone can see my dirty bare feet! But for now it’s short shorts, skirts and dresses.

Absolutely getting our soles Black is part of the fun :D I love it.

steffybarefootmum
Wall Flower

Postby steffybarefootmum » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:35 am

Yes both my kids go barefoot everywhere, including school, which is really common here. So jealous of you guys having a gorgeous summer, our turn soon lol!
We're clothing optional round the house and yard all year...in summer Im just in a bikini out shopping, or bikini top and cut off shorts> I go everywhere in bare feet, without any problems...how about you , do you go out in public barefoot?

Luna Moon

Postby Luna Moon » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:46 pm

I only walk barefoot in nature. In the cities is too much trash, glass or the pavement is boiling hot. I can't stand that. But I like to walk barefoot :)

KatieJ94

Postby KatieJ94 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:28 am

Hi Steffy.

Thanks for replying. Xx

Wow I’m super jealous that your kids go barefoot to school. Wish I could have done that! I imagine it must be quite a wonderful sight seeing everyone go walking to school in bare feet.

Haha yeah it will be your summer soon! Gosh when you think about it it’s autumn here in just over a month! My feet will still be bare though.

I’m somewhat clothing optional too. In that I try not wear anything at home. I think it’s healthy and comfortable.

I go barefoot absolutely everywhere! I’ve not had a shoe or sock on my feet in 19 months. Of course I’ve been refused entry into some shops and restaurants but I just go to another one. I’ve had plenty of comments too. The most common one is normally people thinking I’m poor and offering to buy me shoes, but I explain it’s a lifestyle choice and they should try it sometime.

Katie xx

KatieJ94

Postby KatieJ94 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:32 am

Luna Moon

Walking barefoot in nature is a wonderful thing and I love that too I adore the feeling of the earth beneath my soles.

Barefoot hiking is actually how I started on my way to being a full time barefooter.

It was a challenge at first but now I love it.

Katie xx

KatieJ94

Postby KatieJ94 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:33 pm

No college this morning so I spent it hanging around Starbucks and well I can confirm that they were barefoot friendly

Such a lovely start to autumn here in the UK which means I can continue my barefooter lifestyle

steffybarefootmum
Wall Flower

Postby steffybarefootmum » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:27 am

Have been barefoot everywhere all winter down here in New Zealand......summer just round the corner Yah! more bare feet out shopping, picking up kids from school, restaurants , everywhere...no shoes for my feet!

KatieJ94

Postby KatieJ94 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:12 am

Hello Steffy. Glad you posted again.

I imagine that the majority of the New Zealand population will be spending a whole lot of time barefoot hehe

As for me winter is coming!! Brr guess I’ll have chilly bare feet and I’m actually looking forward for the first snowfall which might be within the next fortnight... yippee!!!

Katie xx

Debbie1980
Just warming up

Postby Debbie1980 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:08 am

I am in the UK and definetly too cold to go barefoot, yesterday my feet were freezing.

KatieJ94

Postby KatieJ94 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:48 am

It’s definitely cold but feet gain a tolerance to the cold. I’ve been barefoot completely for almost 2 years now (coming into my second winter) at first it’s cold but kinda exhilarating.

steffybarefootmum
Wall Flower

Postby steffybarefootmum » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:01 pm

Summer down here in NZ now, lovely to walk round the shopping mall in bare feet.....lots of other mums of course doing the same thing. In fact had coffee this week with five other mums from my son's school....four of the six mums were in bare feet at the mall , not a pair of shoes amongst them! We thought it was a great joke, and spent most of the morning talking about how much we enjoyed being barefoot!

KatieJ94

Postby KatieJ94 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:12 am

Hello again Steffy, sounds to me you are having an amazing barefoot summer! It’s so wonderful you 5 mums were able to go to the mall and chat about being barefoot whilst barefoot and I bet all 6 of you mums dropped off barefoot school kids which is just fantastic.

As for me it’s really starting to cool down over here, the mornings are frosty and cold underfoot but I’m still loving being barefoot and I keep hoping for snow because snowfooting is just the best!!

Julie-Anne
Regent Empress

Postby Julie-Anne » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:03 am

Wow I’m super jealous that your kids go barefoot to school. Wish I could have done that! I imagine it must be quite a wonderful sight seeing everyone go walking to school in bare feet.
"Egyptian Day" at my Primary School unofficially doubled as a come to school barefoot day.

Return to “Fashion”