Sad nipple syndrome

a place to talk about your love life, get tips and advice and seek opionions on these matters
Leviathan
Beginner! Talk to me!

Sad nipple syndrome

Postby Leviathan » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:01 am

My girlfriend has recently been suffering from what I discovered is termed sad nipple syndrome, this is where touching her nipples can cause her to feel sad to the point of crying but she has had problems talking about it with me, I don't know if it is because she is going though the menopause but just for the past few months if I start to caress her breasts she says if I touch her nipples she gets an almost feeling of depression and sadness. Touching her breasts and not the nipples is fine as she loves her breasts to be squeezed but the nipples are hugely oversensitive. Unfortunately she is not the best is talking about things and I was started to feel she was rejecting me but she says that is not the case. It is slightly confusing to understand and touching her nipples makes them very erect and once she is fully stimulated then there isn't a problem touching them but the feeling she get when we start I think makes her hesitant in getting intimate as the initial feelings can be off putting. This has only started to happen as she use to love nipple play and had nipple toys and clamps.

I am just wondering if any women have suffered from the same problem and had any advice.

mostirreverent
Angel

Re: Sad nipple syndrome

Postby mostirreverent » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:57 am

Yikes! Sorry for your loss. I've never heard of it before.
"I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming petty vices."
Mark Twain

"A place for everything, and everything all about the place."
Mosti

Me in the Flesh Redux

libra2
Wizard

Postby libra2 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:49 pm

wonder if the clamps had something to do with it ? is she OK with your mouth touching them? is it just fingers, can you rub your c ock over them without it upsetting her, you say once she gets going she is OK. Brad.

Annnna
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Annnna » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:53 pm

I realize that this is a very old post but since it shows up on google I thought It deserves an answer.

I have it too! It feels like something in between being sad and having nausea. But for me the worst thing about it was how hard it has been finding information on it. Now I have found a few posts _ by girls and women with similar experiences. I think it is the same as D-MER but without the breastfeeding part :). I didn't find any cure but this is what helps me:

Knowing that it is a physiological reaction not a suppressed memory of sex-abuse or a depressing situation that I need to react on.

Making sure that my partner knows that it has nothing to do with him. Actually it is much worse if I touch my nipples than if he does.

I still don't like him to casually play with my nipples before I am turned on but I try to reject him with a smile. The sadness comes slowly and I often don't notice until it is too late which can cause some mixed signals between us. What works best here is to laugh about it together. And to be honest it is a pretty funny and random syndrome to have.

Return to “Love & Sex”