Proof that Jennifer Aniston was involved with A Migh

All posts on Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston

Proof that Jennifer Aniston was involved with A Mighty Heart

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:28 pm

I just posted an excerpt from this article in a thread at the . board.

Here's an excerpt.

Aniston and Pitt, along with Brad Grey, have formed a production company, Plan B, and they hope to make a film together about Daniel Pearl, the Wall Street Journal reporter who was murdered in Pakistan. Pearl's wife, Mariane, initially refused to sell the rights to her book, A Mighty Heart: The Brave Life and Death of My Husband Danny Pearl, but changed her mind after meeting with the couple. "She is one of the most inspiring and courageous women I've met in a long time," says Aniston. "And if the film is something that seems worthy of the story that she told, if it's done in the right way, then it will be made. That was sort of the deal that we all set with one another, as well as with her, because it's such delicate subject matter."

Aniston, who says she would love to play a purely dramatic role someday ("I can see it"), is tentative when I ask her about playing Mariane Pearl. "If it works," she says, "I would love to think that I could, but I reserve the right not to. We'll have to see when it happens. I'm just excited about nurturing it."

When I interviewed Aniston a year and a half ago, she worried out loud about needing to be better educated about current world events. Taking on the Pearl film would appear to be part of her making good on a promise to herself. She and Pitt have also attended some meetings of One Voice, an organization dedicated to bringing peace to the Middle East that was started by a Jewish-American businessman. The press has been typically cynical about the idea of a Hollywood couple's being interested in anything besides show business or themselves. "We're not going to Israel," says Aniston, denying one report. "I'm hesitant about getting into a political discussion because I'm educating myself at the same time and it's so easy to take that and go, 'Oh, they're going to Israel,' and all of a sudden you're in the cross fire."

Link to article.

http://www.style.com/vogue/feature/122203/page2.html

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:31 pm

Additionally this proves that Brad is a liar.

One of his people said this about the Marianne Pearl deal.

A spokesperson for the Jolie-Pitt?s also revealed that Pitt?s ex-wife Jennifer Aniston had never been linked to the role of Marianne Pearl, she said: "Jennifer was never attached to that role. When the project was first brought to Plan B, Jen was a partner in the company at the time."

Link

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=19755

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:35 pm

Now Jen is laughing her ass off!!!

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:06 pm

There was an article I read at the time, which has since disappeared off the net. Several other people have mentioned reading it also, so if anyone ever come's across it, PLEASE post it! and save it on your computer!

It is an interview with Marianne Pearl where she says she had no intention of letting a movie be made, but out of the blue, Jennifer Aniston found her mobile phone number and called her up, and how suprised she was to answer her phone to a movie star. It was in this phone call, that Jennifer convinced her to allow a movie to be made, and to go with Plan B .

Yes, she met with Aniston and Pitt later, but it was to finalise details after Aniston alone had already secured the deal. Without Aniston's work, there would have been no movie for Jolie, no Cannes, no chance to show off how well she can scream :roll: no chance for loonies to go on and on about what a wonderful actress she is, and no talk about oscars (not that I think it will happen). This article like many, many negative stories about Brangelina, has disappeared.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:14 pm

Here's another interview with Aniston talking about MP, from 2004:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/2004/01/05/high_noon_jan_05_2004_news_article.shtml

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:23 pm

how disgusting is that?

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:23 pm

Everybody knows this. Plus Mariane Pearl is a liar.

As a Jen fan, however, I'm glad she didn't do it, unless, of course, the movie would have had a different philosophy.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:49 pm

I love how the jenfans (translation: we'll pretend we're jenfans so can have another vehicle to trash Jolie, our real object of obsession) love to read into everything printed or said wth their own narrrow minded interpretations. Both articles are the same alleged quote. BBC is just citing the Vogue article.

Aniston was never slated to play Marianne Pearl. Nothing in that quote says she intended to do it. She may have wanted to but maybe even she realized her limits as an actor.

It's also amusing how people love to enhance Aniston's actual participation in Plan B or the making of A Mighty Heart. Her role was essentially that of the wife going along for the ride. Her "we" is very much the royal "we." Plan B was Pitt's baby from the beginning, his nurturing, his work - not hers. The fact that she was present for some meetings or lunches in the discussions says little about who really drove the project. If it's even true about her calling Pearl, I am sure it was at Pitt's instigation because he thought it was a way to connect with a female.

You know the real evidence that Aniston was mostly a silent partner is the way the ownership of Plan B ended up. She had a great divorce lawyer equal to Pitt's. If she had really been a meaningful, active partner she would own Plan B now or the company would have dissolved with the divorce and Pitt would have had to create a new production company. Production companies in Hollywood come and go all the time out there. The fact that Plan B is still in Pitt's hand and that it is thriving, making great money and a respected player in the industry is the proof who really worked Plan B.

Want further proof of her inaction? What the he11 has she done since the divorce? Any notion that she is really interested in film production or even taking the initiative in film making or getting her own work financed has become laughable with her almost total lack of professional activity. Aniston has tons of money and could be financing and starring in or directing (not co-directing, whatever that means) in a number of indie movies by now. She is not interested in this work. She just wants to be what she always wanted to be - a rich, famous "star." She got what she wanted and now she has no motivation. Her little forays into movieland accompanied by tons of PR - mostly irrelevant PR, i.e., denyng relationships, denying break ups - are just to keep her profile in the news.

She is what she is. Trying to make her more just shows your desperation. Professionally she doesn't hold a candle to Pitt or Jolie. Or most other serious actors.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:22 pm

Like it or not, loonie. Aniston was part of getting the rights to A Mighty Heart. I know you want to pretend that Pitt and Jolie did it all on their own, but the reality is that they didn't. Without Brad Grey and others, Plan B would have been nothing.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm

. wrote:Like it or not, loonie. Aniston was part of getting the rights to A Mighty Heart. I know you want to pretend that Pitt and Jolie did it all on their own, but the reality is that they didn't. Without Brad Grey and others, Plan B would have been nothing.

Jolie has never said she was part of getting the rights to the book.

But anyone who thinks that an idle tanning, mindless TV sitcom "star" was actively involved in ANY serious film business is a fool. This was ALL Pitt's work and he probably had to beg Aniston to do anything to help. I'll bet anything that it was Pitt who was the real idea and factor behind Aniston even getting or doing The Good Girl. Even though that indie route was a good career move for her, she has NEVER really repeated it. You'd think with all the great indie scripts out there with some of the best writing in the business that she would have sought out at least one of them and run with it. But no.

If you think that Pitt's power in the industry and his hard work in making Plan B successful didn't play a huge role in its success then you are completely clueless. I certainly think Brad2 was a big part as well. But to ignore Pitt's cpontribution to its success is just typical haterz desperation.

Neither of which fits into your Big Jen contribution theory. "Don't bother me I'm not picking up that child, or babysitting my godchild, or getting off this beach, or mussing my hair, or missing my personal trainer sessions, blah blah more self centered, useless blahs."

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:48 pm

. wrote:
. wrote:Like it or not, loonie. Aniston was part of getting the rights to A Mighty Heart. I know you want to pretend that Pitt and Jolie did it all on their own, but the reality is that they didn't. Without Brad Grey and others, Plan B would have been nothing.

But anyone who thinks that an idle tanning, mindless TV sitcom "star" was actively involved in ANY serious film business is a fool. This was ALL Pitt's work and he probably had to beg Aniston to do anything to help. I'll bet anything that it was Pitt who was the real idea and factor behind Aniston even getting or doing The Good Girl. Even though that indie route was a good career move for her, she has NEVER really repeated it. You'd think with all the great indie scripts out there with some of the best writing in the business that she would have sought out at least one of them and run with it. But no.

If you think that Pitt's power in the industry and his hard work in making Plan B successful didn't play a huge role in its success then you are completely clueless. I certainly think Brad2 was a big part as well. But to ignore Pitt's cpontribution to its success is just typical haterz desperation.

Neither of which fits into your Big Jen contribution theory. "Don't bother me I'm not picking up that child, or babysitting my godchild, or getting off this beach, or mussing my hair, or missing my personal trainer sessions, blah blah more self centered, useless blahs."

Bottom line loonie pants...THE MOVIE TANKED BECAUSE OF JOLIE. EAT IT B!TCH!!!!

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:48 pm

To the OP: Was this ever disputed????

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:54 pm

. wrote:To the OP: Was this ever disputed????

Yes it was. Your own freak idol as well as her cohort Mariane failed to acknowledge that Jennifer was an important part in even getting the project to Plan B. Those two bitches act like it was some idea they came up with. So yes, it was disputed. Does that answer your question?

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:59 pm

. wrote:

Do you really believe all that nonsense? You're trying to make Pitt into something he isn't. He isn't as powerful or influential as you might think. If he was, then his movies wouldn't be tanking and he sure as hell wouldn't be booeed by critics and press when he wins an award.
What hard work in Plan B? He just attaches his name to projects and takes the credit when it does well.

The Good Girl wasn't a success in the box office, but it did get very good reviews. Are you trying to say that it was Pitt's influence that made the critics like the film?

Aniston has done very well since the divorce. She has starred in a few films that did rather well and she has directed a short film. She was recently invited into the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which indicates that she is respected by others in the business.
Not bad for someone who, according to you, owes Pitt for everything. Are you sure that Pitt wasn't responsible for Aniston getting the role on Friends aswell? Maybe the entire cast of Friends owes him for the shows success?
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:04 pm

. wrote:
. wrote:

Do you really believe all that nonsense? You're trying to make Pitt into something he isn't. He isn't as powerful or influential as you might think. If he was, then his movies wouldn't be tanking and he sure as hell wouldn't be booeed by critics and press when he wins an award.
What hard work in Plan B? He just attaches his name to projects and takes the credit when it does well.

The Good Girl wasn't a success in the box office, but it did get very good reviews. Are you trying to say that it was Pitt's influence that made the critics like the film?

Aniston has done very well since the divorce. She has starred in a few films that did rather well and she has directed a short film. She was recently invited into the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which indicates that she is respected by others in the business.
Not bad for someone who, according to you, owes Pitt for everything. Are you sure that Pitt wasn't responsible for Aniston getting the role on Friends aswell? Maybe the entire cast of Friends owes him for the shows success?
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Agree with the above, except The Good Girl did actually make a lot of money. It only had an 8 million dollar budget and doubled that at least.

Oh and to the idiot poster two posts above, Jennifer has filmed a couple of indies since. Sorry to break it for you. She did Friends With Money, which yes, also made back twice its budget, not counting dvd sales. And she's currently filming Management, another indie. Sorry to burst your little bubble. But of course according to you, Jennifer just owes Pittpitt her life. Puleeze. Jennifer's career is actually going better than Pittpitt's at this point, and she owes him NADA.

Return to “Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Section”