Argan Oil For Skin?

Reviews and Opinions on the latest Beauty Products

Moderator: Three_Times_A_Lady

JessG
Beginner! Talk to me!

Re: Argan Oil For Skin?

Postby JessG » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:43 pm

It's becoming so popular but I don't think it's much better than any other oil.. olive, sunflower. It's also really expensive in the UK

backtolife
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby backtolife » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:17 am

argan oil is the best oil for skin& beauty .even better than olive oil.why is it expensive ? cause the only place where this three exist in the whole world is morocco .that's why it's so expensive .but to be honnest all the beauty centers use it for the extreme benefit it gives to the skin .and since i'm originally from morocco ;i can say that the ladies of the south of morocco "where the three is " has really really a baby face
with absolutely no probleme .kowing that they country side woman they know nothing about creams , cosmetics ....but just nature speaks henna , hammame "moroccan bath" and argan oil

Mirasila
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Mirasila » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:36 pm

sadly most of Moroccan oil brands in Europe & US are a scam simply because they lack Argan concentration, even though they are still too much expensive . My advice would be to look for someone based in Morocco who can buy you the real Argan Oil from indigenous poeple In Agadir Region

JessG
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby JessG » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:19 pm

I don't think it's better. I have oily skin and I find it clogs the pores. I think jojoba is better although it is a wax, not oil

claire87john
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby claire87john » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:59 am

While most experts agree on the benefits of using argan oil to revitalize and hydrate dull, dry skin, it isn't the only natural product that will provide this relief. Other oils, such as olive, safflower, walnut, avocado and evening primrose oil, will provide similar benefits, helping to trap moisture into the skin and providing many of the same antioxidants and nutrients

claire87john
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby claire87john » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:44 am

While most experts agree on the benefits of using argan oil to revitalize and hydrate dull, dry skin, it isn't the only natural product that will provide this relief. Other oils, such as olive, safflower, walnut, avocado and evening primrose oil, will provide similar benefits, helping to trap moisture into the skin and providing many of the same antioxidants and nutrients

Alstair
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Alstair » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:37 pm

Argan oil can be directly applied to the face, skin, hair and cuticles, or added to other products. Companies say argan oil's nutrient-rich composition—including vitamin E and an omega-6 fatty acid called linoleic acid that has anti-inflammatory properties—makes it healthy for the skin which can't be found in normal oil. So I don't think normal oil is better than argan oil.

diksha

Postby diksha » Mon May 06, 2013 6:35 am

No other oil is in competition with Argan Oil For Skin its really best to prettify the skin of your face.

heidi2
Wet behind the ears

Postby heidi2 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:43 pm

Use a little Argan Oil on your hair and it will not break but shine beautifully.

Jane_Stevens
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Jane_Stevens » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:13 am

Oil skin is really don't need by any person. They just fond of having some great ideas to oil free skin. You should clean your skin more in a day to get the best result.

jinjin

Postby jinjin » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:15 pm

I believe the argan trees are in danger of extinction and is protected. It is supposedly a good product that is also used for the treatment for skin diseases. I have not tried it so I really do not know whether it is better than anything else that I am using but I do not wish for my vanity to contribute to the extinction of a tree and I am doing just fine with the product that I am using.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsBKwG_uzXA

Brown
Teacher

Postby Brown » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:57 pm

Argan oil is used as a Skin Moisturiser to hydrate and soften skin. With its high vitamin E and fatty acid content, argan oil is the ideal product to give skin a natural boost.

starrygirlxx
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby starrygirlxx » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:44 am

Seen a lot of reviews on argon oil before and I personally use it on my hair as well. Smells great :D

I don't really like the idea of applying oil on my skin though since mine is really oily.. Any good products to recommend for oily skin? Currently using Sara Shantelle's product line (not giving me any problems though but would like to hear what works for you :D)

LinF
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby LinF » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:39 am

[quote="starrygirlxx"]Seen a lot of reviews on argon oil before and I personally use it on my hair as well. Smells great :D

I don't really like the idea of applying oil on my skin though since mine is really oily.. Any good products to recommend for oily skin? Currently using Sara Shantelle's product line (not giving me any problems though but would like to hear what works for you :D)[/quote]

Like you I use argan oil on my hair. After each shampoo I apply my argan oil leave in treatment (Pro Naturals) to mainly the ends and partway up the length I tend to steer clear of my roots/scalp. Fantastic heat protectant because I use a blow dryer, on warm setting and a styling iron every 3 days and my hair does not show any signs of damage so I am keeping this product solely for my hair!

rickysmith

Postby rickysmith » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:16 am

The beauty of argan oil is that is can be securely used in its genuine type and doesn’t need to come as a component in creams, hair conditioners and skin creams. Argan Oil can be used both cosmetically and culinary to improve everything from skin appearance to heart health.

LinF
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby LinF » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:23 pm

[quote="rickysmith"]The beauty of argan oil is that is can be securely used in its genuine type and doesn’t need to come as a component in creams, hair conditioners and skin creams. Argan Oil can be used both cosmetically and culinary to improve everything from skin appearance to heart health.[/quote]

The women in Morocco have been using argan oil for decades for their hair, skin and in their cooking - just as you say.

tracywill

Postby tracywill » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:17 am

yes it's expensive, but it much better for the hair than skin. My hair is just shining beautifully.

Rebecca5151
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Rebecca5151 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:07 am

Argan oil is light enough to use as a daily moisturizer and hydrating enough to use as an overnight treatment. As if this oil isn't already doing enough, it can also be used as an anti-aging serum. Because it's a concentrated anti-oxidant, it will protect your skin's elasticity.

DanMc
Seraphim

Postby DanMc » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:46 pm

Probably the best place to buy Argan oil is The Jewellery Channel (TJC). They sell Alicia Douvall's Argan oil, which is 100% cold-pressed organic Argan oil with no other additives and is produced by a women's co-operative in Morocco. Whether or not the hype and price is justified I don't know.

anncrawford
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby anncrawford » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:07 am

Argan Oil - iherb.co/GzQE1Wdt
It works for me.

Return to “Beauty Reviews”