Heels around the house.

Talk about the latest trends, Your fashion disasters, other peoples fashion disasters
Stilettoscrushed
Chatter

Re: Heels around the house.

Postby Stilettoscrushed » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:42 pm

Anita1805 wrote:
Stilettoscrushed wrote:
natashaspiner wrote:
Stilettoscrushed wrote:]

That can be hard on your hardwood floors :D

Luckily I only have one room with hardwood flooring :wink: the rest are all carpet, oh my bad....One room has laminate flooring. :D

:D so one floor bets dented, the other gets scratched :wink:

Laminate flooring also get dented by heels, maybe not so deep as some wooden floors, it are more little dents that gave the floor the look off a golfball.
And believe me, I know from experience. :wink:

I like that look, starts out as a few dents, but after continues stiletto traffic , its golf ball appearance begins , and then over time , on older floors it can begin to splinter :twisted:

Anita1805
Devotee

Postby Anita1805 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:25 pm

alices00ze wrote:I always remove my shoes when i go to someones home.

If they don't ask or I know they are careful with the floor I'll keep my shoes on, and in places other than someone's home I see no problem anyway.
At home I'm always wearing my heels, so visit also don't have to take them off.
No, I don't get stand on people, not even their feet, so please don't even ask.

suzzie76
High Priestess

Postby suzzie76 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:28 am

alices00ze wrote:I always remove my shoes when i go to someones home.

This is pretty standard where we live.

At home every 2 weeks or so I give myself a day off from anything and dress like a glamorous daytime soap opera star from the minute I finish my morning exercise and this when I would spend a day in heels at home.

Frog science
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

Postby Frog science » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:49 am

Shoes off a lot comfort! Less dirt in house

stephaniewoi
Wizard

Postby stephaniewoi » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:23 am

suzzie76 wrote:One of those depends,
- Depends on mood
- Depends on the shoes\
- Depends on the weather
- Depends on how my feet are

In warmer time of year I have lazy Sunday at home, these days I rarely put more on than a G string and sometimes a loose, airy top.or.

Suzzies comment pretty much sums it up for me. No fixed rules.

Stilettoscrushed
Chatter

Postby Stilettoscrushed » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:06 pm

stephaniewoi wrote:
suzzie76 wrote:One of those depends,
- Depends on mood
- Depends on the shoes\
- Depends on the weather
- Depends on how my feet are

In warmer time of year I have lazy Sunday at home, these days I rarely put more on than a G string and sometimes a loose, airy top.or.

Suzzies comment pretty much sums it up for me. No fixed rules.[/quote

A beautiful, well accomplished lady , should dictate her own rules, and the floors will take the punishment of her decisions :D

Blacksheep558
Wet behind the ears

Postby Blacksheep558 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:19 am

There is nothing nicer than to wear a nice pair of heels or heeled boots around home. between 4" and 4 1/2" elevation and various heel types from Stiletto heel pumps to Bock heeled ankle boots. heels can be very comfortable compared to drab flats
Blacksheep

LadyJune1983

Postby LadyJune1983 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:05 am

I almost always wear 5.5 - 6" stiletto heels (with 1" - 1.5" platform) at home, especially when having romantic times with the hubby. He is very much turned on by the sight of me wearing stiletto heels :D
ImageImageImageImageImage

stephaniewoi
Wizard

Postby stephaniewoi » Wed May 23, 2018 8:00 am

LadyJune1983 wrote:I almost always wear 5.5 - 6" stiletto heels (with 1" - 1.5" platform) at home, especially when having romantic times with the hubby. He is very much turned on by the sight of me wearing stiletto heels :D

Are heels mainly limited to the house and office in Jakarta or are they used when out and about in public? I have never visited south east Asia btw.

PaulaB
Just warming up

Postby PaulaB » Fri May 25, 2018 5:58 pm

I very often wear my heels in the house.When I'm ready to go out or just home from work then I am usually wearing the boots or shoes that I intend to wear or have been wearing throughout the day. :dance:

KBEES
Wizard

Postby KBEES » Wed May 30, 2018 6:43 pm

We never wear outside shoes indoors. Always a pair of home shoes or slippers and numerous pairs of crocs to nip out to the bin or for wandering around the garden.
I also remove my shoes when I go around someone's house unless there mucky pups.
I have met someone I cannot live without rather than someone that I can live with.

stephaniewoi
Wizard

Postby stephaniewoi » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:05 pm

KBEES wrote:We never wear outside shoes indoors. Always a pair of home shoes or slippers and numerous pairs of crocs to nip out to the bin or for wandering around the garden.
I also remove my shoes when I go around someone's house unless there mucky pups.

This is how it is in Norway. Generally take shoes off at the door, or if it's a social occasion like a party or dinner swap shoes at the door I use this cultural gem to swap from say a pair of high heeled boots used outside to a pair of clean sandals with even higher heels.

It avoids leaving the crushed dirt and detritus on my boot soles all over their floors.

Return to “Fashion”