Is it ok to take shoes off at office?

Talk about the latest trends, Your fashion disasters, other peoples fashion disasters
Anita1805
Devotee

Re: Is it ok to take shoes off at office?

Postby Anita1805 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:09 pm

I can walk on my heels all day, but there are also days that I during the day have to switch to more sturdy shoes (or vice versa), but then I often in the morning take care of the clothes I choose for that day, or redress me at work.
With bare feet at work, is strongly discouraged.
No, I don't get stand on people, not even their feet, so please don't even ask.

Emmalee
Just warming up

Postby Emmalee » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:35 pm

Havnt worked in a large number of different offices, have had office jobs but stay with them usually but know people in other offices too. It seems rule of thumb for dress code is definitely under your desk is fine but walking around no. Apparently more offices are cracking down on not kicking your shoes off all day because of health and safety. Thats about all i know but personally i don't do it. i have worn heels a lot so i can handle them all day fine. you just gotta be sensible and wear what you can actually handle ok.

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:26 pm

I needed to slip mine off for a little while first thing this morning, they got very wet on the way to work with the pouring rain, puddles and swirly wind, as did the rest of me, to be honest :shock:
Lx

Lindamial
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Lindamial » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:42 am

No, i think its unethical to take shoes off at office because it's not professional and if you are not working as a professional or not having a will to become professional than yes you can take shoes off.

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:49 pm

Lindamial wrote:No, i think its unethical to take shoes off at office because it's not professional and if you are not working as a professional or not having a will to become professional than yes you can take shoes off.

what sort of work environment are you in Linda, is it very formal at your workplace?
Louise

Sarah.Rose

Postby Sarah.Rose » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:57 pm

Wasn't there a health and safety big thing a few years back which made it a violation of rules for any standard office environment? I mean under your desk yea fine no harm, walking around i haven't ever seen in the offices i've worked at. But yea i think health and safety banned walking round without shoes anyway.

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:59 pm

Sarah.Rose wrote:Wasn't there a health and safety big thing a few years back which made it a violation of rules for any standard office environment? I mean under your desk yea fine no harm, walking around i haven't ever seen in the offices i've worked at. But yea i think health and safety banned walking round without shoes anyway.

Not sure about that Sarah Rose? will see if I can find any info, it'd be interesting to know.

I slip mine off under my desk sometimes but I wouldn't walk around the office with just tights on my feet (too cold on the floor away from the carpets for one thing! lol)
Louise x

Sarah.Rose

Postby Sarah.Rose » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:03 pm

louise_heels wrote:
Sarah.Rose wrote:Wasn't there a health and safety big thing a few years back which made it a violation of rules for any standard office environment? I mean under your desk yea fine no harm, walking around i haven't ever seen in the offices i've worked at. But yea i think health and safety banned walking round without shoes anyway.

Not sure about that Sarah Rose? will see if I can find any info, it'd be interesting to know.

I slip mine off under my desk sometimes but I wouldn't walk around the office with just tights on my feet (too cold on the floor away from the carpets for one thing! lol)
Louise x

Yea ill check how much it is here but i'm pretty sure i remember that. then again almost everything is a health and safety violation these days :roll: . I cant say i do much under my desk but then i wear boots much more so its more of a fuss so it has to be super hot for me to. But then i've never been that uncomfortable in heels to want them off that badly ether. So might just not understand.

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:05 pm

Sarah.Rose wrote:Yea ill check how much it is here but i'm pretty sure i remember that. then again almost everything is a health and safety violation these days :roll: . I cant say i do much under my desk but then i wear boots much more so its more of a fuss so it has to be super hot for me to. But then i've never been that uncomfortable in heels to want them off that badly ether. So might just not understand.

Probably including wearing heels :lol: I wear shoes more than boots, nice to slip them off for a rest sometimes (discretely)
x

Lindamial
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Lindamial » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:47 am

louise_heels wrote:
Lindamial wrote:No, i think its unethical to take shoes off at office because it's not professional and if you are not working as a professional or not having a will to become professional than yes you can take shoes off.

what sort of work environment are you in Linda, is it very formal at your workplace?
Louise

No, it's not about very formal or informal. It's about the discipline and ethics of workplace. That's why i do follow it, and I literally feel awkward to take my shoes off.

Stilettoscrushed
Chatter

Postby Stilettoscrushed » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:37 pm

Sarah.Rose wrote:
louise_heels wrote:

Louise x

Yea ill check how much it is here but i'm pretty sure i remember that. then again almost everything is a health and safety violation these days :roll: . I cant say i do much under my desk but then i wear boots much more so its more of a fuss so it has to be super hot for me to. But then i've never been that uncomfortable in heels to want them off that badly ether. So might just not understand.

heeled boots one hopes :wink:

Sarah.Rose

Postby Sarah.Rose » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:39 pm

Stilettoscrushed wrote:
Sarah.Rose wrote:
louise_heels wrote:

Louise x

LOL yes heeled boots. Find heels work very well for the best formal office look.

Stilettoscrushed
Chatter

Postby Stilettoscrushed » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:40 pm

Sarah.Rose wrote:
Stilettoscrushed wrote:
Sarah.Rose wrote:
louise_heels wrote:

Louise x

LOL yes heeled boots. Find heels work very well for the best formal office look.

5 inch stilettos say style and power :D

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:37 pm

Sarah.Rose wrote:Yea ill check how much it is here but i'm pretty sure i remember that. then again almost everything is a health and safety violation these days :roll: . I cant say i do much under my desk but then i wear boots much more so its more of a fuss so it has to be super hot for me to. But then i've never been that uncomfortable in heels to want them off that badly ether. So might just not understand.

are you on your feet much for your job Sarah or sat down?
Lx

Sarah.Rose

Postby Sarah.Rose » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:40 pm

louise_heels wrote:

are you on your feet much for your job Sarah or sat down?
Lx

It depends on whats on my inbox really sometimes i'm on my feet a fair bit and when i am i find just kind of taking a break sitting down just taking my feet off the floor a bit helps wonders. a sitting down break just to break up being on your feet does wonders when you've been on your feet for hours.

Return to “Fashion”