Silliest thing you've tried to do wearing high heels?

Talk about the latest trends, Your fashion disasters, other peoples fashion disasters
louise_heels
Duchess

Re: Silliest thing you've tried to do wearing high heels?

Postby louise_heels » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:53 am

Emmalee wrote:So much rain and even storms recently it certainly hasn't been kind to anyone in heels here. .

So rainy this morning here and with all the autumn leaves I slipped and thought I was going to sprain my ankle for sure but by some miracle its OK and I didn't fall.
Louise x

Heelgirl6
Just warming up

Postby Heelgirl6 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:27 pm

louise_heels wrote:
Emmalee wrote:So much rain and even storms recently it certainly hasn't been kind to anyone in heels here. .

So rainy this morning here and with all the autumn leaves I slipped and thought I was going to sprain my ankle for sure but by some miracle its OK and I didn't fall.
Louise x

Oh bet that was a bit frightening at the time, glad you didn’t hurt your ankle, what shoes are you wearing x

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:41 pm

black patent heels today
x

Heelgirl6
Just warming up

Postby Heelgirl6 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:45 pm

Sound nice how high are your heels, how is your ankle? X

gasmask73a
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby gasmask73a » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:03 am

Locked on 5" heel kneehigh boots with steel feetcuffs & hobblechain and sent the key to myself via post. I was locked all weekend and i loved it.

emilycurious
M'Lady

Postby emilycurious » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:15 pm

If you see Kay
Last edited by emilycurious on Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them." Attributed to Margaret Atwood.

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:03 pm

[quote="Emmalee"]So much rain and even storms recently it certainly hasn't been kind to anyone in heels here. quote]

Yes, been very rainy and stormy overnight the last few days
x

Emmalee
Just warming up

Postby Emmalee » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:21 pm

louise_heels wrote:
Emmalee wrote:So much rain and even storms recently it certainly hasn't been kind to anyone in heels here. quote]

Yes, been very rainy and stormy overnight the last few days
x

Hope you've been ok hun. We've got frosty mornings and rain but to be fair hasn't stopped me so far. has a few moments where it was a bit slippery but so far been fine fingers crossed LOL

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:24 pm

Emmalee wrote:Hope you've been ok hun. We've got frosty mornings and rain but to be fair hasn't stopped me so far. has a few moments where it was a bit slippery but so far been fine fingers crossed LOL

Not too bad, I messed up a pair of shoes badly yesterday because it was so wet and raining hard on way home, but I made it ok.
x

Emmalee
Just warming up

Postby Emmalee » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:26 pm

louise_heels wrote:
Emmalee wrote:Hope you've been ok hun. We've got frosty mornings and rain but to be fair hasn't stopped me so far. has a few moments where it was a bit slippery but so far been fine fingers crossed LOL

Not too bad, I messed up a pair of shoes badly yesterday because it was so wet and raining hard on way home, but I made it ok.
x

Oh dea were you able to salvage the shoes or are they done for? at least glad you made it ok without hurting yourself or slipping over.

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:27 pm

Emmalee wrote:Oh dea were you able to salvage the shoes or are they done for? at least glad you made it ok without hurting yourself or slipping over.

Oh I think they'll be ok, they just need to dry out for a bit longer. God yes, I was so relieved I didn't slip!

Emmalee
Just warming up

Postby Emmalee » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:34 pm

Glad to hear it. Honestly this is not the time of year for anything but leather shoes or boots. if you wear suede for example you'll just ruin them. Have been lucky myself recently too avoiding any big trouble but have had some slick moments with some places with work. especially coming in from the rain straight onto like a smoother floor. really is a sudden ice skating ring LOL really gets tricky in any shoes.

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:40 pm

Emmalee wrote:Glad to hear it. Honestly this is not the time of year for anything but leather shoes or boots. if you wear suede for example you'll just ruin them. Have been lucky myself recently too avoiding any big trouble but have had some slick moments with some places with work. especially coming in from the rain straight onto like a smoother floor. really is a sudden ice skating ring LOL really gets tricky in any shoes.

These were patent ones so they'll clean up OK. Dodging the puddles in the dark was very difficult and I misstepped a few times resulting in a wet foot and making the shoes very wet, hence needing to dry them off. Across the park I was struggling because the fallen leaves had got mushed onto the flagstones and with my 5" heels on the path was so slippery underfoot.

Stilettoscrushed
Chatter

Postby Stilettoscrushed » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:02 pm

louise_heels wrote:
Emmalee wrote:Glad to hear it. Honestly this is not the time of year for anything but leather shoes or boots. if you wear suede for example you'll just ruin them. Have been lucky myself recently too avoiding any big trouble but have had some slick moments with some places with work. especially coming in from the rain straight onto like a smoother floor. really is a sudden ice skating ring LOL really gets tricky in any shoes.

These were patent ones so they'll clean up OK. Dodging the puddles in the dark was very difficult and I misstepped a few times resulting in a wet foot and making the shoes very wet, hence needing to dry them off. Across the park I was struggling because the fallen leaves had got mushed onto the flagstones and with my 5" heels on the path was so slippery underfoot.

But the 5 inch heels look so sexy :D mashing the leaves

stephaniewoi
Wizard

Postby stephaniewoi » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:49 pm

Stilettoscrushed wrote:
louise_heels wrote:

But the 5 inch heels look so sexy :D mashing the leaves

In Norway we have studded shoes for icy and slippery conditions. These have small very hard and sharp spikes that cut into what you happen to walk on. Normally these are ugly practical shoes, but it's possible to put these spikes into any rubber soled footwear with sufficient thickness. I had this done to an old pair of stiletto winter boots with a rubber platform sole up front. They work great and, I am sorry to say, to all you wet and slippery fans, help me avoid slipping. The spikes make an interesting sound on the concrete and have been known to make their mark in various situations.

Return to “Fashion”