Stiletto Heels

Talk about the latest trends, Your fashion disasters, other peoples fashion disasters
cobblers197
Beginner! Talk to me!

Stiletto Heels

Postby cobblers197 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:05 pm

Hi
The wood floor of my house has been destroyed by stiletto heels. I let my girlfriend hold a hen party for one of her friends and I think about 40 or 50 women came after an evening in the pub. They were originally planning to go clubbing but the bride and lots of her friends were made redundant and couldn't afford it.
When I came home the next day all the floors were covered with dents and holes from stiletto heels and it will cost over £2500 to repair. My girlfriend says it was metal tipped heels and heels where the plastic cover had worn off that caused the problem but that "it's only a floor" and I should just let it go.
My questions are:
Do you women actually know what damage your heels can cause?
Do you know when your heels are denting floors
If you do know do you care?
If you do know why do you do it?
Is this a common problem?
And finally:
Is my girlfriend right - do I have the right to be angry?
Appreciate your views and feedback.
Thanks
Cob

Tina TV
Master Wizard

Re: Stiletto Heels

Postby Tina TV » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:39 am

The only reason to be upset is if you weren't allowed to see and enjoy the girls in their heels. Dents in the floor should be a nice reminder.

If you are really concerned then I'd recommend Wickes commercial grade laminate flooring. Lots of girls and guys in stilettos have jumped on our kitchen floor and not a scratch. You do risk going ar5e over tit but that's another story.

simpleserenade89
Wet behind the ears

Postby simpleserenade89 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:41 pm

awwh that sucks! lol maybe just tell them not to jump up and down in their heels but walking around normally shouldnt be much of a problem

KiltyCol
Heroine

Postby KiltyCol » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:12 pm

Stilletos are dangerous weapons!!!!
Music is the food of love.

Highheels
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

Postby Highheels » Tue May 05, 2009 5:04 pm

If you don't want mein hels, don't invite me to your home.

Coco77

Postby Coco77 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:27 am

Wow, that's a lot of money for the repairs :cry: I'm sure if the ladies knew the damage they were causing they would have taken their heels off. I think you have a right to be annoyed but what's done is done.

--------------------------------
http://www.mylittleboutique.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sixfoot3amanda
Chat Merchant

Postby sixfoot3amanda » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:15 pm

Wow, that's a lot of money for the repairs :cry: I'm sure if the ladies knew the damage they were causing they would have taken their heels off. I think you have a right to be annoyed but what's done is done.

--------------------------------
http://www.mylittleboutique.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No I wouldn't. No he doesn't. Except perhaps with himself.

Amanda
"Tall is beautifull"

MistressJodie
Evangelist

Postby MistressJodie » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:38 pm

Nope I wouldn't take my heels off either. I would if the owner asked me to, but other than that, my stilettos stay on and probably will damage the floor. Most of my heels have the inner nails exposed so are quite damaging.

Jodie

sixfoot3amanda
Chat Merchant

Postby sixfoot3amanda » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:49 pm

Nope I wouldn't take my heels off either. I would if the owner asked me to, but other than that, my stilettos stay on and probably will damage the floor. Most of my heels have the inner nails exposed so are quite damaging.

Jodie
Hi jodie

I have found that there are loads of debates like this over the net, mainly guys upset about their damaged floors and girls who either don't care or didn't realise. The first time my heels damaged a floor it took me a while to realise what was happening. It was only when my heel got stuck in the floor and I had to break it out that I realised.

Amanda
"Tall is beautifull"

MistressJodie
Evangelist

Postby MistressJodie » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:53 pm

Hi Amanda
Why is there debates about it? Stiletto heels damage floors, full stop. I know my heels will sink in and leave holes, but why get all upset about it, life is to short!

Jodie

LBK
Evangelist

Postby LBK » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:12 pm

Jodie
Hi jodie

I have found that there are loads of debates like this over the net, mainly guys upset about their damaged floors and girls who either don't care or didn't realise. The first time my heels damaged a floor it took me a while to realise what was happening. It was only when my heel got stuck in the floor and I had to break it out that I realised.

Amanda
Im with Amanda on this one, id much prefer women in stiletto's walking all over my house, the damaged floor would be a small price to pay!!
LBK

marby
Demigod

Postby marby » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:09 pm

Hi Amanda
Why is there debates about it? Stiletto heels damage floors, full stop. I know my heels will sink in and leave holes, but why get all upset about it, life is to short!

Jodie
true, life is too short to worry about damaged floors caused by stilettos.
[url=http://www.theweddingticker.com][img]http://www.theweddingticker.com/ticker/30384.png[/img][/url]

sixfoot3amanda
Chat Merchant

Postby sixfoot3amanda » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:55 pm

Hi

I don't know what Cobblers' floors looked like after girlfriends hen party but I have posted some pictures of my ex boyfriends floor after I had spent a few days there in my metal tipped heels! This was while he was away on business and as I was about to dump him. You can see them if you wish on:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sixfoot3am ... 748247751/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fortunately he was stiletto obsessed and actually was not angry at all when he got home, apart from the fact that I wasn't there of course!

Amanda
"Tall is beautifull"

cobblers197
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby cobblers197 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:38 pm

I dont believe it see my other posts.

DashingBoy
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby DashingBoy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:24 pm

Return to “Fashion”