Unprofessional people in professional roles

If your itchin' to do some gripe n this is the place be...
Argue discuss row and fight but stay friends...
Astrid
Regent Empress

Unprofessional people in professional roles

Postby Astrid » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:45 am

I hate them. How do they keep their jobs and out of trouble with the boss? I too want to do a half assed job and not give a S*** but get treated like it's fine- but I could never bring myself to do it...because I am grown up and know how to be professional. Jeesh.

Bitchrant over :)

goldenbear
Wizard

Re: Unprofessional people in professional roles

Postby goldenbear » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:00 pm

Astrid wrote:I hate them. How do they keep their jobs and out of trouble with the boss? I too want to do a half assed job and not give a S*** but get treated like it's fine- but I could never bring myself to do it...because I am grown up and know how to be professional. Jeesh.

Bitchrant over :)

Agreed. so many clowns doing whatever they want with no consequences ... :evil:

GenericUsername8
Just warming up

Postby GenericUsername8 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:38 am

I had a supervisor at my last job who would constantly make inappropriate remarks about people's personal life, including digging for information about people's sex lives.
Everyone hated being stuck in a hot kitchen with him for 12 hours at a time.
Full time lurker, part time poster.

Astrid
Regent Empress

Postby Astrid » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:41 pm

GenericUsername8 wrote:I had a supervisor at my last job who would constantly make inappropriate remarks about people's personal life, including digging for information about people's sex lives.

Right? and he made it into management!

Kilgoretrout1
Master Wizard

Postby Kilgoretrout1 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:17 am

Astrid wrote:
GenericUsername8 wrote:I had a supervisor at my last job who would constantly make inappropriate remarks about people's personal life, including digging for information about people's sex lives.

Can you give more specifics about this story
I am chickpea :?

GenericUsername8
Just warming up

Postby GenericUsername8 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:03 am

Kilgoretrout1 wrote:
Astrid wrote:

Can you give more specifics about this story

I can try. Preface for anyone who hasn't worked in hospo, the staff all tend to sleep with each other, it's pretty common.

I was sleeping with one of the girls at work, and trying to keep it a secret because once the rumour mill starts, you become the unwilling recipient of endless jokes and harmless ..

The 2ic in this kitchen was an incompetant sleazy creep (30 year old married man who hit on all the 18 year old girls and made them feel uncomfortable), and nobody really got along with him. Sometimes I would do a 14 hour shift with him and he would constantly poke and pry for information as to why I would hang around after my shift to give everyone a lift home (it was usually after midnight and no public transport).
Eventually it came out that I was sleeping with this girl, and his questions changed to ask about the sex etc..
He also made dirty jokes about her or I in the middle of a busy rush, or of hand derogatory comments. He just wasn't pleasant to be around.

I wanted to punch him several times.

There are more stories but enough essay for today.
To be honest if he was a nice guy and people liked him his questions probably wouldn't annoy anyone. But he isn't and they do.
Full time lurker, part time poster.

Return to “Bleet N'”