Grrr Frickin' Guitar tab that's actually Bass tab

If your itchin' to do some gripe n this is the place be...
Argue discuss row and fight but stay friends...
boingo
Cherubim

Grrr Frickin' Guitar tab that's actually Bass tab

Postby boingo » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:41 am

I just spent an hour downloading every version of Guitar Pro tab "No Time To Cry", by Sisters of Mercy which was supposed to be for guitar (as per my search of the tabs site), but they all ended up being Bass tab! Grrrrrrr :cussing:
“What deep wounds ever healed without a scar?”
-Lord Byron

Mirrorball
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

Re: Grrr Frickin' Guitar tab that's actually Bass tab

Postby Mirrorball » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:58 pm

boingo wrote:I just spent an hour downloading every version of Guitar Pro tab "No Time To Cry", by Sisters of Mercy which was supposed to be for guitar (as per my search of the tabs site), but they all ended up being Bass tab! Grrrrrrr :cussing:

That can be annoying.

boingo
Cherubim

Postby boingo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:31 pm

I think all the sites just grabbed the same author's tab. There is bass in the song, but I'm pretty certain this tab's the part played on guitar. I can still play bits on my guitar anyway. :)
-Lord Byron

DanMc
Seraphim

Postby DanMc » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:17 pm

boingo wrote:I think all the sites just grabbed the same author's tab. There is bass in the song, but I'm pretty certain this tab's the part played on guitar. I can still play bits on my guitar anyway. :)

That's very common. I found that if you come across a guitar tab that's useless or is so obviously wrong that it's hard to believe the Author has even heard the song, when you look at other tabs for the same song they are clearly from the same origin.

You've probably also noticed that when you look up a tab because there's one bit of a song that you can't work out, that bit will often be missing because the Author can't work it out either. :lol:
For The Many Not The Few.

boingo
Cherubim

Postby boingo » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:13 am

DanMc wrote:
boingo wrote:I think all the sites just grabbed the same author's tab. There is bass in the song, but I'm pretty certain this tab's the part played on guitar. I can still play bits on my guitar anyway. :)

That's very common. I found that if you come across a guitar tab that's useless or is so obviously wrong that it's hard to believe the Author has even heard the song, when you look at other tabs for the same song they are clearly from the same origin.

You've probably also noticed that when you look up a tab because there's one bit of a song that you can't work out, that bit will often be missing because the Author can't work it out either. :lol:

Yes! That often happens.
Often lyrics are copied from site to site too, but they don't usually allow corrections to be submitted.

When it comes to general information the same sort of thing happens with other sites copying and pasting articles from Wikipedia (A source of many erroneous errors).

I've come across a lot of tab that the author has muddled up between the two or sometime even three guitars that are being played at the same time in the song. Sometimes a guitar sound has been sampled and used on a keyboard, but the guitar tabber has also included that in their tab, sometimes at the expense of tabbing the tune from an actual guitar that was playing at the same time.

On the plus side, the tab is free off the net. :)
-Lord Byron

Return to “Bleet N'”