My mother and politics

If your itchin' to do some gripe n this is the place be...
Argue discuss row and fight but stay friends...
xxMichellexx
Wet behind the ears

Re: My mother and politics

Postby xxMichellexx » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:13 am

I think politics is just a waste of time, and usually a glorified popularity contest with very little substance.

I dont assign myself to any wing or party, as i make my own opinions on things. What if i apply myself to a certain political party and they then say something i dont agree with?

All seems pretty pointless to me.

Steve101c
Wet behind the ears

Postby Steve101c » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:17 am

Pointless is not a word that I would use about politics. It's the politicians who either give or take away fort freedom.
So it goes...

xxMichellexx
Wet behind the ears

Postby xxMichellexx » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:21 am

Politics is pointless. Democracy isnt.

The thing about Politics is its usually just alot of talk, usually about nothing. A bunch of people who speak words without really saying anything, just a bunch of over arrogant tossers, born with a silver spoon in their mouth who havent got a clue of how the world works.

Whenever politics stories come on the News i just have to ignore them, they either make me annoyed or just so bored. Unless its Boris Johnson, doesnt mean i like what he says but i do find him funny. And George Bush, who i will watch just to see him make an arse out of himself.

Other than that i really have better things to do than worry about big headed suits blowing alot of hot air.

Steve101c
Wet behind the ears

Postby Steve101c » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:33 am

Thankfully, Bush has less than a month in office. I will be happy to see him go.
So it goes...

boingo
Cherubim

Postby boingo » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:02 pm

franfran wrote:Or read the newspaper - and I don't mean a tabloid such as the Telegraph.....

They're just as bad here.
Western Australia only has one Monday-Saturday newspaper: "The West Australian" and one Sunday newspaper: "The Sunday Times". "The West Australian is owned by Kerry Packer, so they never say anything against anything else he owns. They seem to only hire staff who failed high school English and, like the commercial TV stations, The West Australian and The Sunday Times never let the truth get in the way of a good (or crap) news story.
We have two free newspapers supplied by the local councils: "The Weekender" and "Comment News" or whatever they're called now. They're very amateurish and are full of non-stories. I have a feeling a lot of what is published is written by volunteers.
With no competition, there's no push for our newspapers to lift their quality.

Most of what makes it into the news here either has no baring on my life or it's not actually a news story at all, but rather a deceptive way of the reporter and/or the news company to get their opinion across, instead of just stating the facts.

I actually still have an article I cut out of the free "X-press" music newspaper/journal that says Billy Idol died.
Actually that leads me to another thing. How are we expected to trust the news when they can't even get the sequence of events correct?
Inevitably when an event has already happened, but the news-teller is saying what's going to be coming up on the news later on, they say something like "...and a man dies...", when the man has already died.
The way they talk about upcoming news stories is the same way fictional stories are spoken about. Then again, they do fictionalise factual events in our media. :roll:
“What deep wounds ever healed without a scar?”
-Lord Byron

Return to “Bleet N'”