sand in my keyboard

Are you having technical problem, computer playing up, post your problems here and we will help solve them
User avatar
Astrid
Regent Empress
Posts: 5773
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:43 pm

sand in my keyboard

Postby Astrid » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:49 am

I have a laptop for work and today I spilled some sand on it. Some buttons are so hard to press. I pick them off and blow on them and look for sand to pick out but it keeps happening. Is there anyway to get it OUT?

User avatar
goldenbear
Wizard
Posts: 1322
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:18 pm

Re: sand in my keyboard

Postby goldenbear » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:00 pm

Astrid wrote:I have a laptop for work and today I spilled some sand on it. Some buttons are so hard to press. I pick them off and blow on them and look for sand to pick out but it keeps happening. Is there anyway to get it OUT?

Better sand in your keyboard than somewhere else!

User avatar
goldenbear
Wizard
Posts: 1322
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:18 pm

Re: sand in my keyboard

Postby goldenbear » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:01 pm

Image
Kidding aside compressed air really helps!

User avatar
Astrid
Regent Empress
Posts: 5773
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:43 pm

Re: sand in my keyboard

Postby Astrid » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:10 pm

goldenbear wrote:Image
Kidding aside compressed air really helps!


Wonderful that shoyld definitely work on the keyboard but will it also get the sand out of my vagina?

User avatar
goldenbear
Wizard
Posts: 1322
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:18 pm

Re: sand in my keyboard

Postby goldenbear » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:11 pm

Astrid wrote:
goldenbear wrote:Image
Kidding aside compressed air really helps!


Wonderful that shoyld definitely work on the keyboard but will it also get the sand out of my vagina?


Absolutely! Double the value! The vagina could be a job for your man too? Good excuse for a blow!

User avatar
Astrid
Regent Empress
Posts: 5773
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:43 pm

Re: sand in my keyboard

Postby Astrid » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:29 pm

goldenbear wrote:
Astrid wrote:
goldenbear wrote:Image
Kidding aside compressed air really helps!


Wonderful that shoyld definitely work on the keyboard but will it also get the sand out of my vagina?


Absolutely! Double the value! The vagina could be a job for your man too? Good excuse for a blow!


He's sworn off sanding me off. He hates sand in his teeth.

User avatar
goldenbear
Wizard
Posts: 1322
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:18 pm

Re: sand in my keyboard

Postby goldenbear » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:30 pm

Astrid wrote:
goldenbear wrote:
Astrid wrote:
goldenbear wrote:Image
Kidding aside compressed air really helps!


Wonderful that shoyld definitely work on the keyboard but will it also get the sand out of my vagina?


Absolutely! Double the value! The vagina could be a job for your man too? Good excuse for a blow!


He's sworn off sanding me off. He hates sand in his teeth.

Maybe he could hose you down...

User avatar
Astrid
Regent Empress
Posts: 5773
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:43 pm

Re: sand in my keyboard

Postby Astrid » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:10 pm

Yes that would work. Nothing makes me feel like a loved woman than being hosed off in the yard with cold water :D I think I'll tell him.

User avatar
goldenbear
Wizard
Posts: 1322
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:18 pm

Re: sand in my keyboard

Postby goldenbear » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:44 pm

Astrid wrote:Yes that would work. Nothing makes me feel like a loved woman than being hosed off in the yard with cold water :D I think I'll tell him.

He might have fun doing it and maybe you will too! And the neighbors...

jengurl1987
Chatter
Posts: 267
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:55 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: sand in my keyboard

Postby jengurl1987 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:52 pm

Astrid, take your keyboard to the beach! That way it could bond with sand. :)

User avatar
DanMc
Seraphim
Posts: 17531
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:52 pm
Location: UK

Re: sand in my keyboard

Postby DanMc » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:50 pm

If all else fails get an external USB keyboard. Most operating systems should recognise it, so you are unlikely to need any sort of driver software. Just to be on the safe side if you know someone with a desktop which uses a USB keyboard borrow it and try it out first.
For The Many Not The Few.

User avatar
Astrid
Regent Empress
Posts: 5773
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:43 pm

Re: sand in my keyboard

Postby Astrid » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:06 pm

DanMc wrote:If all else fails get an external USB keyboard. Most operating systems should recognise it, so you are unlikely to need any sort of driver software. Just to be on the safe side if you know someone with a desktop which uses a USB keyboard borrow it and try it out first.


I took some keys off and used pressurized air

User avatar
Lucylastic
Goddess
Posts: 41628
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:09 pm

Re: sand in my keyboard

Postby Lucylastic » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:45 pm

I might have been tempted to try the vacuum cleaner first. The trouble with blowing is you may well end up forcing the sand deeper into the computer.
Though she be but little she is fierce

User avatar
Astrid
Regent Empress
Posts: 5773
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:43 pm

Re: sand in my keyboard

Postby Astrid » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:23 pm

Lucylastic wrote:I might have been tempted to try the vacuum cleaner first. The trouble with blowing is you may well end up forcing the sand deeper into the computer.


In the end I popped off the keys and used the compressed air with success. It did sometimes just blow the sand into another key.


Return to “Computer Problem Solver”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests