Microsoft Edge Browser

Are you having technical problem, computer playing up, post your problems here and we will help solve them
C.G.
Goddess

Microsoft Edge Browser

Postby C.G. » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:30 pm

So what is the point of this? :?
There is no wealth but Life - J. Ruskin

franfran
Angel

Re: Microsoft Edge Browser

Postby franfran » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:12 pm

I hadn't even heard of it but then, it's Microsoft, so I probably don't need to know.....
Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

Meandmyself
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

Postby Meandmyself » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:55 am

I heard from someone who used it, that it's not worth trying. Seems like some websites have troubles with it, or vice versa.

KBEES
Mahatma

Postby KBEES » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 pm

Microsoft IE has a poor reputation in the IT industry, a lot off people prefer other browser. Edge is MS's latest attempt to improve the internet experience.
I will hold my hands up and admit I haven't used Edge and probably not used IE since 8 maybe.
I have met someone I cannot live without rather than someone that I can live with.

Meandmyself
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

Postby Meandmyself » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:12 pm

Like me, I haven't used IE for some time and am quite satisfied with firefox :)

DDtop
Just warming up

Postby DDtop » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:09 am

Microsoft! the company that " creates" things? it's the only company that makes things that don't work with it's own things!

Firefox for me not perfect by far but atleast it loads the whole dam page unlike IE which is full of spy/spam ware!

Once i stop doing any gaming that has to be on a MS op system it's bye Ker splash and onto Linux that at least tells you there is an update would you like to download!
Unlike W10 which is like a dictator/bull in a china shop almost knocking the monitor over as it steams into download then reboots if you don't stop it!
A guy that has "Grown" 42G/44F+.

Just_Sal

Postby Just_Sal » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:06 pm

It is always worth having a selection of browsers as different browsers are better for different things. I think using different browsers makes it harder to be tracked by the digital companies.

emilycurious
M'Lady

Postby emilycurious » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:57 pm

Last edited by emilycurious on Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There's a fine line between giving constructive advice and just having a bad personality.” Queen Elysa

Just_Sal

Postby Just_Sal » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:50 pm

emilycurious wrote:
Just_Sal wrote:I think using different browsers makes it harder to be tracked by the digital companies.

No, it doesn't.
They know everything.
Try VPN, but your ISP, and anyone that really wants to, can still track you.
It's called the internet for a reason, we are all interlinked.

I was referring to beacons which are cookies that companies place on sites to track behaviour. Obviously these do not work if you use different browsers for different things.

You ISP can't see what you are doing if you use a VPN; they only know you are using one. A VPN probably won't protect you from government spies however.

Return to “Computer Problem Solver”