Adoption.

Chat all things about your pregnancy
emilycurious
M'Lady

Adoption.

Postby emilycurious » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:24 pm

I posted this before, but it doesn't hurt to expand peoples horizons often. (The figures are probably even higher by now)

4,000 kids looking for a home in UK.

400,000 in US.
"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them." Attributed to Margaret Atwood.

chirpyaubrey
Just warming up

Re: Adoption.

Postby chirpyaubrey » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:43 pm

I really appreciate this message... the stats are indeed overwhelming! I totally agree with you that one might just also consider adoption if they are unable to have a baby for long enough and nothing will help. It also happens that sometimes the couple doesn't have enough to spend on surrogacy... they can try to adopt too. Well, as far as I know, it takes some spending and the paperwork will also account for some expenditures as well. But it's definitely nothing compared to the surrogacy... unless the couple is planning to find an affordable alternative abroad. I was just telling another woman who've been kind of bullied and ill-treated by the in-laws for being infertile that hope is still not lost. There are these children who Only if the people desperate to be parents can shed their desperation for biological link so many lives could change. If I had to go all the way to surrogacy, I'd rather consider adoption instead but then there's time for it... I have a first-born so it should be good to consider adopting a child this time if the failed attempt keeps repeating itself.

Return to “Pregnancy Members”