Affordable surrogacy

Chat all things about your pregnancy
ZiaaK
Beginner! Talk to me!

Affordable surrogacy

Postby ZiaaK » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:32 pm

Hello everyone! I hope you'll help me with some advice and information. I'll start from the beginning so it will be clear what I'm asking for.
Back in 2013 I was diagnosed with cancer of a uterus. I went through operation, chemo, treatments, etc. It's been almost 4 years since I beat cancer. I'm so happy that nightmare is over. Our family is getting back to normal life. The only thing which puts me down is that I'm infertile and I'm not able to carry a baby.

My husband and I have been together for 17 years already. We don't have children but we really want to. I've been thinking about surrogacy for a couple of months. When the idea of having this procedure came to my mind I shared it with my best friend. She told me to forget about it because it's too expensive. She knows about our financial situation. My cancer pulled so much money from us. I can't say we are poor, but we don't have $200 000 to pay at once... Also we'll need money for our child if we ever have one... Also she said that there are so many problems with surrogate mothers. There are many poor women among them with bad genetics. And also that there are many scammers and they can leave children to themselves.

I'm lost and scared. When I think that I won't ever have kids... It breaks my heart. Maybe there are cheaper options somewhere? We are ready to go abroad. I will appreciate any information about costs and process itself. Where should I start my research on surrogacy? Should I start it at all? Thank you in advance!

KimmyK
Beginner! Talk to me!

Re: Affordable surrogacy

Postby KimmyK » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:10 pm

Hello OP! I'm sorry about your situation. Where did you get this price $200 000? I know surrogacy is very expensive in USA and they do have such prices. Here in Europe you can easily find cheaper options with same services.

"Also she said that there are so many problems with surrogate mothers."

If you find professional and qualified clinic there will be no problems. Usually problems occur when you find surrogate by yourself. Even in this case if you have a good lawyer you can solve them.

"There are many poor women among them with bad genetics."

Well I think that it's their own business why they apply into surrogacy programs. Even if they just want to earn some money I think there is nothing to do with you. Bad genetics? First of all, women undergo medical examination before becoming surrogates. Second of all, their genetics has nothing to do with your child. Surrogate will only carry your baby. She's not related to it in any way.

"And also that there are many scammers and they can leave children to themselves."

No one will leave your baby. Again, if you find professional and qualified clinic there will be no problems. Surrogates sign contracts. So they can't refuse giving a child to intended parents. Usually problems occur when you find surrogate by yourself. Even in this case if you have a good lawyer you can solve them.

I had surrogacy back in 2015. We paid around $35,000. We went for surrogacy abroad because here finding a surrogate can take months or even years. We didn't use any agency. I think it's just waste of money. There are many clinics which you can contact directly and know all info you need. There are many websites where you can find ratings of the best clinics, their prices, success rates, etc.

ZiaaK
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby ZiaaK » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:21 pm

Thank you for support and information! You've helped me very much to understand the process. I didn't mean to offend anyone. You are right. It's their own business why they apply into surrogacy programs. Thank you for clarifying this process for me. I'm new to this and I didn't really catch how all this works. Your words put some of my worries aside. As I know more now it will be easier for me to search for a clinic. These details made the process much clear for me. I really appreciate your help! I made the right thing posting here. This board is so supportive and helpful. May I ask where did you have surrogacy?

Amenda1234

Postby Amenda1234 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:58 pm

Hey, there I hope you have fully recovered from cancer. As I have read your concerns regarding the health of the surrogate I really wanted to leave a reply. Honestly, this was one of my biggest concerns and the ultimate reason why I didn't opt for private surrogacy. However, the clinic that I am getting my procedure done since they are very particular about it. When I came across them after finding a lot of good reviews I started watching their videos. I was astonished to find out that they were holding out medical tests for the applicants willing to be surrogate. They would only be eligible if they are healthy and have no past or current serious illness. I was satisfied to find out that once they are pregnant they have to come for regular checkups as well. So the clinic we opt for plays a high role in the process itself which many of us neglect. Financial issues were definitely a reason for concern for me as well as in my hometown a lot was being charged. However, this clinic was comparably inexpensive with the services they were ordering. Just for helping you out they do have two packages and you can choose one of your choices. Anyways, I had many more concerns I knew that in a lot of countries the process was not being done legally so I made sure of that as well. Also, my biggest concern was with the custody of the child as in many countries that is with the surrogate. So I was glad to find out that the child's custody is entirely given to the parents and that made me feel a lot better. Obviously, I was a little scared about going abroad, however, was pleased to find out that I wasn't alone in this. As many other foreigners were also visiting the clinic. So yes best of luck don't lose hope and try the option by visiting a good clinic.

Helen456
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Helen456 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:20 am

ZiaaK we will try our best to find more accurate and coherent answer to your question. Because these forums have been made for discussion. So that women can share their views with each other. experience teaches man more than bookish knowledge. I am feeling really sad for you. how much troubles you have faced. It’s really a tiresome job. I always think that lucky are those guys who get their pregnancy right after their marriage. You suffered a lot. I believe you that you will get fruits of your efforts one day. Maybe you are saying right but I had heard many positive reviews about surrogate mothers. Because they don’t choose surrogate mother lightly. Surrogate mothers have proper treatment and if they match their properties enough with you then they declare her best match for that particular couple. It depends on different clinical conditions as well as their status. So depends on you where you want to go. Some clinics are also offering fluctuations in their packages. Try to make sure a sight on their website otherwise ignore it.

underwateroversky

Postby underwateroversky » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:57 pm

Hi! I hope you are doing fine! Anyway it’s worthy place for getting advice.
Don’t lose your hope. Knowing from your story you’re not the one who loses it. We all lose so much but hope stays in our heart until we win or surrender. It’s a final straw.
I wasn’t surprised to see price 200K. they say it’s completely normal cost for the US services. Hmmm, I’m not sure it’s okay to be with it. Even if we agree children have got no price at all not everyone can afford this madness.
Ukraine, Russia, CR are some of those place that could offer better conditions.
I mean as for prices. Actually they are less quality but… it’s quite a controversial issue. What do you think?

underwateroversky

Postby underwateroversky » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:08 pm

I’d like to focus on Ukraine. It’s not a proposition. And if you did not mind I’d say something about it.
My cousin and my neighbor had their fertility journeys in Ukraine. Certainly they didn’t have it at the same time. They were also in different clinics. As well as they had different cases. My cousin has a weak response to stimulation. She can’t produce eggs of good quality on her own. So she went through ivf with donor eggs there. My neighbor has gone through surrogacy program due to the severe endometriosis.
And now while I’m myself searching for the way out, they play with their growing children.
None of them paid more than 45K. We can compare these numbers. the difference is driving crazy, isn’t it?

simonna
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby simonna » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:14 pm

Hello girls! Thank you for sharing your stories. I'm 40 and I'm also looking into this option. I'm new to donor eggs. I really need your help! How did you find donor? Is there an option of choosing donor? I mean I'd like to choose donor who looks like me. Is that possible? I asked my sister to be our donor. Unfortunately she refused. Where is better to do this procedure? I hope you will help me. There is much information in the internet but it makes me even more confused... I think it would be better to talk with someone who experienced this procedure.

Return to “Pregnancy Members”