Opinion Wanted

Chat all things about your pregnancy
We88ster
Beginner! Talk to me!

Opinion Wanted

Postby We88ster » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:55 am

Firstly I apologise for being on here as I am male. But my wife did a test Wednesday last week which was positive but it was a faint line. So she did another on Sunday. Again a faint line. Then yesterday she used a digital test which said pregnant 1-2 weeks but she believes she is 3-4 weeks due to the ovulation sticks she's been using. So last night she saw a doctor who also did a test also faint. So now a blood test on Friday results next week. They could be faint as she has pcos, so my question is.....pregnant....Yes or no? It's doing my head in. What do you think?

chirpyaubrey
Wet behind the ears

Re: Opinion Wanted

Postby chirpyaubrey » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:40 pm

Well PCOS won't give you a false positive or a wrong OPKs so don't be bothered about that. If the Digital one says 1-2 weeks it's rarely incorrect about the weeks yeah sometimes it shows false negative though. False negatives are a huge problem of these digital tests. What I can think of is the slow elimination of HCG which is why she is still showing 1-2 weeks in spite of having ovulated 3-4 weeks before. There's a rare condition where the HCG is not shown in urine or shows up late. These people do not get a clear BFP on HPT or might have a miss-indication in weeks as long as the test is POAS type. I think there's a good chance that she is pregnant ... so just wait for another week and if the digital is still confusing you guys ask your doc to refer you for a blood HCG. It's okay for a male to join these group parenting and having a baby might concern a woman more but isn't alien to men either. In fact it's really cute that you care so much to hit the forums... lucky girl your SO. hahhaa
Wish you guys luck... I think she could be pregnant. Don't forget to update me when you have had the final confirmation.

Return to “Pregnancy Members”