what are there parents thinking of

Discuss with other parents about any issues you have, or even just chat with others
SJRiley

what are there parents thinking of

Postby SJRiley » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:42 pm

Went down town shopping on Friday afternoon with me mum, had never actually thought about it before until my mum commented on it but how ridiculously short are the skirts some 13 to 15 year old girls wear to go to school in.

When I was growing up I was never allowed to go to school dressed the way some girls do now. I am no prude and I know they probs thinks it makes them look sexy but it doesn’t it just makes them look like little tarts.

What are the parents thinking of and why doesn’t the school insist that they either wear trousers or knee length skirts. My mam recons Kid’s are growing up to soon and I have to agree with her.
luv
sarah jayne

The Colonel

Re: what are there parents thinking of

Postby The Colonel » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:56 pm

Most of their parents are chavs.

They know no better.

Colonel Angus
M'Lady

Postby Colonel Angus » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:08 pm

I know they probs thinks it makes them look sexy but it doesn’t it just makes them look like little tarts.

That's what Liberals want.
It's why liberal run television shows kids their age acting like they were adults.
The more adult you make them look the less taboo of having sex with them younger and younger.
[color=#0000FF][size=150][b]Would you put a bumper sticker on a Bentley? Then why get a tattoo, unless you're a cheap production car?[/b][/size][/color]

Plucky_ Gold
Transcendent Poster

Postby Plucky_ Gold » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:00 am

We have an American International school here where the girls wear their skirts so short it definitely do not make them look like students.

HampshireBoy
Getting in the Groove

Postby HampshireBoy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:16 pm

One of the things I liked about the school my sons went to, the youngest is still there, is the dress code. There is a diagram on all entrances showing acceptable lengths for skirts, amongst other rules, if the girls wear ones that are too long or too short they are given a manky school skirt to wear.

I like to think this is one of the reasons the school is one of the top non fee paying or selective schools in the country for results.

You can't always blame the parents, though in many cases I'm sure you can, my niece used to leave home for school in a "proper" skirt; She then met her friends at one of their houses where they all changed into what can only be called fanny-pelmets. Her parents only found out when her mum happened to drive past as the girls were walking to school.

DavyJ
Devotee

Postby DavyJ » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:00 am

Went down town shopping on Friday afternoon with me mum, had never actually thought about it before until my mum commented on it but how ridiculously short are the skirts some 13 to 15 year old girls wear to go to school in.
Definitely true. My daughter went through that "phase" as did, I suspect, most of our daughters. She bought most of her clothes, so it was easy for her to push the envelope quite far. But I have to give her credit; the first time she bough a real "mini", she definitely asked permission and insisted on trying it on for me before buying it. It was definitely shorter than any I had seen before, but I decided it wasn't worth a big argument, so I said ok, and also complimented her on her looks and let her know she was free to buy whatever she wanted. This made it lots easier to keep track of what she was wearing, as she never felt obligated to hide anything from me.

But those if you who have objected do have a point. As time went on, it seemed her skirts and dresses got continually shorter, almost to the point of my wondering why she even bothered with anything. She never wore the shortest ones to school, probably for good reason. But we generally had a good relationship, and I figured this was a battle that probably couldn't be won, so it seemed better to go along. We had already had long talks about dealing with unwanted attention. She freely admitted she was only doing it to tease the boys, and since I had already agreed she could decide when she was ready to have sex, I really didn't have any reason to object.

DavyJ
Devotee

Postby DavyJ » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:08 am

You can't always blame the parents, though in many cases I'm sure you can, my niece used to leave home for school in a "proper" skirt; She then met her friends at one of their houses where they all changed into what can only be called fanny-pelmets. Her parents only found out when her mum happened to drive past as the girls were walking to school.
When my wife was that age she got very adept at rolling up the top of her skirt after leaving home, so she could make any skirt as short as she wanted. She said the girls had contests as to who could get away with the shortest skirt without getting in trouble. They would have measuring parties in the restroom @ lunch to see who had won that day.

Return to “Parenting”