Is 13 to young to wear high heels daily?

Discuss with other parents about any issues you have, or even just chat with others
highheelswearer
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

Is 13 to young to wear high heels daily?

Postby highheelswearer » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:59 am

My daughter is 13, going on 23! She has worked babysitting jobs and saved her money. She has gone out and bought 3 and 4 inch heels and wears them daily. I am worried about what people think of a 13 year old wearing such high heels and I am worried about her health. I know they hurt her feet, as she rubs her feet every night. I've given her information on the health drawbacks of high heels. She realizes the consequences but ignores the advice not to wear them so often. She's 13, she made the money to buy them, so I am letting her decide. What is your opinion? Should I put my foot down as a parent and allow her to wear them only on special occasions, or should I just let her decide and wear them daily?

suzzie76
Mahatma

Re: Is 13 to young to wear high heels daily?

Postby suzzie76 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:09 pm

My daughter is 13, going on 23! She has worked babysitting jobs and saved her money. She has gone out and bought 3 and 4 inch heels and wears them daily. I am worried about what people think of a 13 year old wearing such high heels and I am worried about her health. I know they hurt her feet, as she rubs her feet every night. I've given her information on the health drawbacks of high heels. She realizes the consequences but ignores the advice not to wear them so often. She's 13, she made the money to buy them, so I am letting her decide. What is your opinion? Should I put my foot down as a parent and allow her to wear them only on special occasions, or should I just let her decide and wear them daily?
Congrates on her working to buy what she wants.

Who cares what others think of her, she's 13 its a good time she learnt to turn a blind up to conforming to the what others think.

She, love me heels, but I have avoided wearing daily, especially for long hours. Nothing wrong with lazing around the house then throwing on some pumps to head to the shops for a quick pickup.

It could be a faze, so just watch and see, sounds like you have given her the advice she needs.

highheelswearer

Postby highheelswearer » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:55 am

Thank you for such a reassuring answer. My daughter takes after her mother, I love my high heels!

DavyJ
Devotee

Postby DavyJ » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:51 am

I agree with Suzzie. If she has earned the money then it makes sense to allow her to spend it as she chooses. Its good you gave her the advise you did; she may ignore it for now, but in due course she will think about it, and maybe after the novelty wears off your advice will have a greater influence than now.

Besides, once she turns 14 there will be oodles of way more important issues, so best to reserve your "absolutely not"'s for the big stuff that is surely right around the corner.

highheelswearer

Postby highheelswearer » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:45 pm

I agree with Suzzie. If she has earned the money then it makes sense to allow her to spend it as she chooses. Its good you gave her the advise you did; she may ignore it for now, but in due course she will think about it, and maybe after the novelty wears off your advice will have a greater influence than now.

Besides, once she turns 14 there will be oodles of way more important issues, so best to reserve your "absolutely not"'s for the big stuff that is surely right around the corner.
Thank you, you make some good points! Who knows what will come next. I guess teeter-tottering about in 5 inch stilettos isn't the worst thing! LOL

suzzie76
Mahatma

Postby suzzie76 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:03 pm

Thank you, you make some good points! Who knows what will come next. I guess teeter-tottering about in 5 inch stilettos isn't the worst thing! LOL
Teens is the years I think girls can and should experiment with clothing. Learn what works for you, whats it like to wear certain clothing, heels that don't fit right, dresses that need pulling down every 2sec, that bikini that wants to ride up in your butt, jeans that you cannot sit down in. Then of course the magic of finding that one dress that looks like it was made just for you that you never want to take it off.

They can do all this without the pressure of work and other every day life that adults needs to manage, dress like a princess one hour, Oliva Newtown John from Grease the next and yes maybe Julia Roberts from Pretty Woman the next.

highheelswearer

Postby highheelswearer » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:27 pm

"They can do all this without the pressure of work and other every day life that adults needs to manage, dress like a princess one hour, Oliva Newtown John from Grease the next and yes maybe Julia Roberts from Pretty Woman the next."

That is a perfect paragraph! Every girl should give it a go!!!

Return to “Parenting”