preschool or keep them home?

Discuss with other parents about any issues you have, or even just chat with others
Jean-Louise
FF Royalty

Re: preschool or keep them home?

Postby Jean-Louise » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:10 pm

Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:
shree wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:
I am fortunate to have a farm type preschool nearby.
My daughter loves it there but I only have there on half days.
They have what amounts to a petting zoo complete with a few sheep, goats,
some chickens and at least one horse.
There is also a pond where they can see fish and turtles.
No frogs yet but I guess they come seasonally.
So she has learned her alphabet pretty well and the mix with young
Hispanics I see as a positive.

How wonderful this place sounds. I wish I lived somewhere nearby. It sounds just like a dream really.

TY!
I think my favorite part is how she can mix with the Hispanic kids.
For some reason we seem to be socially fixated on why they are here instead of realizing
how we can learn from them.
To be absolutely fair they were here before we were. (SW US)
We seem to conveniently forget that.
Her best friend is this girl Carla whom I plan on arranging some play dates with her mom.

The people I know who are of Mexican ancestry are all smart, articulate, and well-educated people.
Ironically, three of my so-called Mexican-American friends (I say the because I consider them as American as I am) do not even know how to speak spanish. I suppose they grew up here and were assimilated into our country. Though their grandparents and parents speak spanish, they did not pick up on it. All three are hard-working professional women. One served in the military for a number of years.
All of the people who have come to this country have lost some of what they had when they came. But they came to this country for a better life. So, it was a pretty good trade.
Our electoral college president likes to trash all Americans of Mexican ancestry. But he is an equal opportunity offender. He trashes just about everyone.

We have a large Hispanic population here.
Interestingly they have their own pecking order.
The EU Castile Hispanics occupy the top ring evidently, followed by the Cubans.
The Cubans are very well educated and sought after here as disciplined bi-lingual employees.
They hold many political offices.
Then it gets murky with the South American Hispanics fighting for position.

This racism has surprised me.
Unfortunately Afro Americans are not given much social acceptance among the Hispanics.

It is weird, I have a couple of Cuban America friends here. Thy are very light complected. To me, they do not even like being thought of as Hispanic. Go figure. It makes no difference to me. They are good people.

Anya.186
Duchess

Postby Anya.186 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:13 pm

Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:
shree wrote:
How wonderful this place sounds. I wish I lived somewhere nearby. It sounds just like a dream really.

TY!
For some reason we seem to be socially fixated on why they are here instead of realizing
Her best friend is this girl Carla whom I plan on arranging some play dates with her mom.

The people I know who are of Mexican ancestry are all smart, articulate, and well-educated people.
Ironically, three of my so-called Mexican-American friends (I say the because I consider them as American as I am) do not even know how to speak spanish. I suppose they grew up here and were assimilated into our country. Though their grandparents and parents speak spanish, they did not pick up on it. All three are hard-working professional women. One served in the military for a number of years.
All of the people who have come to this country have lost some of what they had when they came. But they came to this country for a better life. So, it was a pretty good trade.
Our electoral college president likes to trash all Americans of Mexican ancestry. But he is an equal opportunity offender. He trashes just about everyone.

The Cubans are very well educated and sought after here as disciplined bi-lingual employees.

Unfortunately Afro Americans are not given much social acceptance among the Hispanics.

It is weird, I have a couple of Cuban America friends here. Thy are very light complected. To me, they do not even like being thought of as Hispanic. Go figure. It makes no difference to me. They are good people.

Mexicans preceded the Cubans by centuries here in the US.
Yet the Cubans are accepted by far more people here.
It is interesting.
I used to know everything.

Jean-Louise
FF Royalty

Postby Jean-Louise » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:38 pm

Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:
TY!

It is interesting.

I think there is an image thing to. There is a perception that all Cubans came to this country fleeing from Fidel Castro. But that all Mexicans came into the country illegally. Which is not the case.

Anya.186
Duchess

Postby Anya.186 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:41 pm

Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:

It is interesting.

I think there is an image thing to. There is a perception that all Cubans came to this country fleeing from Fidel Castro. But that all Mexicans came into the country illegally. Which is not the case.

California was originally part of Mexico.
I actually think some of Texas was too???

Jean-Louise
FF Royalty

Postby Jean-Louise » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:10 pm

Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:

It is interesting.

Yes, Texas was originally part of Mexico. At one time, the Texas territory encompassed part of New Mexico and Colorado

Anya.186
Duchess

Postby Anya.186 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:02 am

Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:

It is interesting.

Yes, Texas was originally part of Mexico. At one time, the Texas territory encompassed part of New Mexico and Colorado

I find the Hispanics very friendly, especially the Mexican Americans.
They are humble and sometimes preyed upon here due to their lack of education.
I even can detect some racism at our hospital.

Jean-Louise
FF Royalty

Postby Jean-Louise » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:14 pm

Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:
It is interesting.

My experience with my Mexican-America friends is that they are friendly, fun, and hard-working. They take care of their family.
These folks are not the people trump describes. But then I am sure the only Latinos he knows are those who work for him.

Anya.186
Duchess

Postby Anya.186 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:48 pm

Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:

My experience with my Mexican-America friends is that they are friendly, fun, and hard-working. They take care of their family.
These folks are not the people trump describes. But then I am sure the only Latinos he knows are those who work for him.

Trump is a first degree racist.
He hardly tries to conceal it.
His family must be so humiliated.

Jean-Louise
FF Royalty

Postby Jean-Louise » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:12 pm

Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:

Trump would have loved Hitler.

Anya.186
Duchess

Postby Anya.186 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:30 pm

Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:

I know that is a rant Jeane and rightful one at that.
But I think even Trump would not have supported that awful man.

Did I ever tell you my grandfather gave me a hand translated version of the Anne Frank diary.
He got it through the Smithsonian.
I was so honored.
She had such a wonderful mind.
My daughter will get it and she will pass it down.

Jean-Louise
FF Royalty

Postby Jean-Louise » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:34 pm

Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:

Did I ever tell you my grandfather gave me a hand translated version of the Anne Frank diary.
I was so honored.

One of the first movies I cried at was one of the versions made of the Anne Frank Diary story when I was growing up.
Historically speaking, my Germans thought Hitler was a funny man, who spouted crazy things. Many years later, he was chancellor of Germany.
Many people today think trump is a funny man, who spouts crazy things.
They are very much alike.

Anya.186
Duchess

Postby Anya.186 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:36 pm

Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:

I was so honored.

One of the first movies I cried at was one of the versions made of the Anne Frank Diary story when I was growing up.
Historically speaking, my Germans thought Hitler was a funny man, who spouted crazy things. Many years later, he was chancellor of Germany.

I could vomit!

Jean-Louise
FF Royalty

Postby Jean-Louise » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:41 pm

Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:
Jean-Louise wrote:
Anya.186 wrote:

I was so honored.

I could vomit!

It concerns me when people who are reasonable people support trump.
Truly reasonable people cannot support trump.
He stands for all that is unreasonable.

chirpyaubrey
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

Postby chirpyaubrey » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:21 am

Preschool of course. At the minimum age of 2 one needs to be sent to kindergarten. Since small times socializing with other children is very important. No we family may not understand but we get the effects later. If the child has no socializing then he may become introvert. A preschool teaches many norms which is important for a child to learn. He will learn many etiquettes and table manners as well.

Return to “Parenting”