My kids are looking for a father figure

Discuss with other parents about any issues you have, or even just chat with others
sweetchild35
Beginner! Talk to me!

My kids are looking for a father figure

Postby sweetchild35 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:58 am

I had a divorce a year ago. I have 3 kids in my care. One is 6 years old, second is 5, and the last is still 2. To be honest, it’s tiring at times but I’m working hard for them. I don’t want them to
live with nothing in their tummies and pockets. I guess with my work, I can sustain their needs and wants. I want what’s best for my kids.

Just recently, my two kids are looking for a father figure. I was astounded yet felt irresponsible by not giving them the chance to live without a father caring and loving them. But am I not enough?
I’m doing my best for them and it should be enough. But still, that thought won’t come out from my head.

So I tried dating. I called some of my friends on whom to date. They gave me some site names but I think I’d be so desperate if I do so. So I ended up going to _ dating. There I saw an ad for international dating social event. So I posted some of my pictures, trying it not be showy and agreed to attend the event.

Do you think I’ve made the right decision? Is this move a smart one? Please tell me so. I appreciate your responses!

emilycurious
M'Lady

Re: My kids are looking for a father figure

Postby emilycurious » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:10 pm

If you see Kay
Last edited by emilycurious on Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them." Attributed to Margaret Atwood.

kinghelfer
Seraphim

Postby kinghelfer » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:13 pm

sweetchild35 wrote:I had a divorce a year ago. I have 3 kids in my care. One is 6 years old, second is 5, and the last is still 2. To be honest, it’s tiring at times but I’m working hard for them. I don’t want them to
live with nothing in their tummies and pockets. I guess with my work, I can sustain their needs and wants. I want what’s best for my kids.

Just recently, my two kids are looking for a father figure. I was astounded yet felt irresponsible by not giving them the chance to live without a father caring and loving them. But am I not enough?
I’m doing my best for them and it should be enough. But still, that thought won’t come out from my head.

So I tried dating. I called some of my friends on whom to date. They gave me some site names but I think I’d be so desperate if I do so. So I ended up going to _ dating. There I saw an ad for international dating social event. So I posted some of my pictures, trying it not be showy and agreed to attend the event.

Do you think I’ve made the right decision? Is this move a smart one? Please tell me so. I appreciate your responses!

:think: ........ Have you been offered ticket to a revolving metal concert lately ?..... :think:

The Quantum Clock. Tells The Time And Doesn't Tell The Time At The Same Time.
Sigma male

kawai
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby kawai » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:55 pm

Hello honey! How is it going now? Hope you have some progress.
My first husband died 9 years ago. He suffered from prostate cancer. We all also suffered near him.
It was diagnosed too late. My children lost their father. And I lost love of my life.
More than 7 further years I was alone with my babies. Actually son was already old. He decided to find his own family.
My daughter was 8 years old when Arthur left us. She remembered him. She was missing him all the time.
She is sort of girls who can’t grow up without father. Having only my attention she became a naughty teenager. I think her current behaviors conditioned by absence of father’s care.
I made a few tries to date. I was looking for someone to support. I also needed care.
She treated all those men like they were aliens. It was a big problem. There wasn’t solution.
I had many conversations with her. I was patient and tactical. I tried listening to my child.
Nothing happed. She remained aggressive toward my men. I decided to be more selfish.
I met my today’s husband. I understood I wouldn’t miss that opportunity. He moved to my house.
I just made my daughter face the fact he would live with us. It was pretty difficult. It was an ineffable scandal.
He first saw how angry a tiny girl can be. We won. Day after day she was getting used to live with new person.
Of course she doesn’t call him a father. No one asked or forced her to do it. Today her relations with Mark (my second husband) are really better than with me.
She is showing she detests me. I never did anything bad for her. I don’t know.

Return to “Parenting”