5 days missed period, 2 negative HPT. Could I still be pregnant (more details)?

Pregnant want to chat to other expectant mothers, this is the place

Moderator: Silent One

Lucky19
Beginner! Talk to me!

5 days missed period, 2 negative HPT. Could I still be pregnant (more details)?

Postby Lucky19 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:39 am

Hi, I'm new. Please help.

My last period begun Nov 5, 2017.

I've used a period/ovulation tracking app for the last 9 months. My shortest cycle was 29 days. My longest cycle was 34 days. Thus my average cycle is 31-32 days.

According to the app my ovulation date was estimated Nov 23 with medium to high fertility during that week Nov 18-24. No contact whatsoever during this time.

I had unprotected sex on Nov 30 (1 week after ovulation -- app says low fertility). My partner says he didn't ejaculate inside but only outside.

I was expecting my period this month last Thursday Dec 7, 2017. It's Monday Dec 11 over here supposedly my fifth day but still no sign of menstruation yet.

I have taken 2 home pregnancy tests. One last night but my urine was more diluted. Second this morning on my first pee better concentrated. Both came out negative.

I thought I would have finally rested my worries after my negative results but maybe I still need more assurance from real more experienced women. I'm avoiding pregnancy.

I have never taken birth control pills previously and have no known relevant medical condition.

With all information above, how likely am I to be pregnant? Could I have ovulated late? Could I be pregnant in any other way? Am I stressing this out just a little too much? 

If I'm not pregnant, what could have caused my delayed period? 

Thank you for your help.

I'm 19.

monika.david
Beginner! Talk to me!

Re: 5 days missed period, 2 negative HPT. Could I still be pregnant (more details)?

Postby monika.david » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:05 pm

Hey there! Your menstrual cycle may change due to many reasons. You might be stressing over something. Or it may be due to serious dieting or not eating properly. However, pregnancy home based tests are considered to be inaccurate as well. If you're stressed about this whole situation, i would suggest you visit the doctor. Since, doctors are more knowledgeable and they will definitely help you out.

cloe568
Beginner! Talk to me!

Re: 5 days missed period, 2 negative HPT. Could I still be pregnant (more details)?

Postby cloe568 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:17 pm

"Hello lady? Stress can cause your period to be late so try to relax.and if it still doesn't come go to the doctors and have them do a blood test, then you'll know for sure.However, the best idea is to go to the doctor to find out for sure. Just because you have symptoms and haven't gotten your period doesn't mean you are pregnant. It could be stress, a new diet, or an increase in exercise.Good luck with the positive pregnancy result.
"

cloe568
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby cloe568 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:07 pm

Hello ladies.I was 8 days late and took negative pregnancy tests. I was convinced I was pregnant so the negative result was a shock, to be honest. It depends whats going on, in my case I'd just come off my pill the month before and just started TTC so apparently coming off the pill can affect your cycle and make you late. Obviously, I wasn't pregnant and got my period on the 8th day. I think normally by now, if you are pregnant, the pregnancy test should detect it. I think it could be stress. If you are stressing as much as I was trying to relax and your period will come soon. Also, watch your eating habits bad eating habits or change in eating habits can also delay your period. With my first daughter, I took a pregnancy test when my period was one day late and it was positive. The tests are fairly accurate although it is possible to get a false negative. - if your period doesn't show anytime soon, you could take an appointment with the doctor to get a blood test done. Good luck

cloe568
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby cloe568 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:00 am

"Hello, yes you still can be pregnant.Don't take stress everything going to be fully right.It's really happening to me.I did my 5 pregnancy test and all come back negative.but still, I feel that I have been pregnant I set an appointment! and the doctor confirmed that I was pregnant.I was seven-eight days late. but I got the positive result.Good luck and wishing you a very positive and healthy pregnancy.Stay blessed.
"

chirpyaubrey

Postby chirpyaubrey » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:30 pm

Hi Lucky19, it's quite an old post so I'd hope you've got your confusion sorted already about whether you're pregnant or not. Would love the update though if you don't mind. Will share a few details just in case someone else too ends up being in the same dilemma. When you're tracking ovulation on App it's not necessary that it'll be accurate always as it does not track your physiology. A slight shift in hormone levels could trigger an early or delayed ovulation... affecting all corresponding timelines. So, it's possible that what you consider as safe days might just be the fertile days. You wouldn't even know your ovulation shifted unless you have your AF which shall also be shifted accordingly. Date keeping is inefficient... in terms of both contraceptive measure or conceiving!
HPTs are rarely wrong but then it's not impossible to get false positive repetitively in spite of being pregnant. There are incidents and its sort of random where the HCG rise cannot be traced in HPT, the only way the pregnancy can be confirmed is with a blood HCG test. However, in that case, the symptoms persist and get intense with time... usually, it takes to miss 2 AFs to even doubt that and go for a beta. So, when there are symptoms and AF is delayed there's an equal chance of being pregnant as it is to turn out just an anovulation cycle. If you're not planning on getting pregnant please do not rely on abstaining, timekeeping, quick withdrawal sort of hacks... use proper contraceptives.

Return to “Pregnancy”