emabarrassing car moments

chat about all issues involving cars, servicing, help, and tips

Moderator: Silent One

louise_heels
Duchess

Re: emabarrassing car moments

Postby louise_heels » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:32 pm

natashaspiner wrote:How about not being able to get into your car!!
We had some crappy weather over night, some snow, some sleet/freezing rain and just plain rain but...the temps also dropped and everything froze up... Including my car's doors! I tried everything I think of to get it open..Nothing worked. So I slipped and slid my way back in the house and rethought my plans for the day lol

oMG, that sounds pretty bad, did were you trying to go to work or was this on the weekend hun?

natashaspiner
Wet behind the ears

Postby natashaspiner » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:05 pm

louise_heels wrote:
We had some crappy weather over night, some snow, some sleet/freezing rain and just plain rain but...the temps also dropped and everything froze up... Including my car's doors! I tried everything I think of to get it open..Nothing worked. So I slipped and slid my way back in the house and rethought my plans for the day lol

oMG, that sounds pretty bad, did were you trying to go to work or was this on the weekend hun?

No it was just this morning. So luckily there was no work or anything, just some shopping I had planned to do.

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:11 pm

natashaspiner wrote:
louise_heels wrote:

No it was just this morning. So luckily there was no work or anything, just some shopping I had planned to do.

You must have felt a bit frustrated, especially if you had to give up, at least you got back into the warm and weren't inconvenience for work :-)

AnneSilvia
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby AnneSilvia » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:03 pm

Yesterday I offered a colleague a ride home from work. When we tried to leave the parking lot, I could not get my car to start. I have tried for so long, at the end we took a cab. I think that counts as pretty embarrassing...

natashaspiner
Wet behind the ears

Postby natashaspiner » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:15 pm

AnneSilvia wrote:Yesterday I offered a colleague a ride home from work. When we tried to leave the parking lot, I could not get my car to start. I have tried for so long, at the end we took a cab. I think that counts as pretty embarrassing...

Um....Yes that definitely counts lol
It's embarrassing enough to not have your car start when your alone..but then add a friend or a work colleague into the mix...your entering sinking out of sight from embarrassment territory there! :shock: :cry: :roll:

AnneSilvia
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby AnneSilvia » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:48 pm

natashaspiner wrote:
AnneSilvia wrote:Yesterday I offered a colleague a ride home from work. When we tried to leave the parking lot, I could not get my car to start. I have tried for so long, at the end we took a cab. I think that counts as pretty embarrassing...

It's embarrassing enough to not have your car start when your alone..but then add a friend or a work colleague into the mix...your entering sinking out of sight from embarrassment territory there! :shock: :cry: :roll:

Yes, sounds about right... :(

Susana Smith
Wet behind the ears

Postby Susana Smith » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:42 am

AnneSilvia wrote:
natashaspiner wrote:

Wow that's not a situation you'd think would happen.
Daily heel wearer.

irina42
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby irina42 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:30 pm

Susana Smith wrote:
AnneSilvia wrote:
natashaspiner wrote:

time to time it was difficult to start my old car, that was embarrassing when people was watching

natashaspiner
Wet behind the ears

Postby natashaspiner » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:45 pm

irina42 wrote:
Susana Smith wrote:
AnneSilvia wrote:
natashaspiner wrote:

time to time it was difficult to start my old car, that was embarrassing when people was watching

Oh yes ..I surely remember my first car. Young inexperienced driver flooding the car and having people stand and stare as I tried and tried to start it. Very embarrassing.
But I don't find that as embarrassing as get stuck. The car not starting, for the most part, is out of a driver's control but 9 out 10 times getting stuck is completely avoidable.
If there are people around I just can't help but think they saying..."Oh look at that stupid woman...She had to have known she'd get stuck trying to drive there!"
Very embarrassing. :oops: :oops:

irina42
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby irina42 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:03 pm

natashaspiner wrote:
irina42 wrote:
Susana Smith wrote:
AnneSilvia wrote:
natashaspiner wrote:

Oh yes ..I surely remember my first car. Young inexperienced driver flooding the car and having people stand and stare as I tried and tried to start it. Very embarrassing.
But I don't find that as embarrassing as get stuck. The car not starting, for the most part, is out of a driver's control but 9 out 10 times getting stuck is completely avoidable.
If there are people around I just can't help but think they saying..."Oh look at that stupid woman...She had to have known she'd get stuck trying to drive there!"
Very embarrassing. :oops: :oops:

I think that some even like to look at it

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:22 pm

AnneSilvia wrote:
natashaspiner wrote:

Awww, bless you, yes definitely embarrassing when that happens
Louise x

ilr1971
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby ilr1971 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:13 pm

louise_heels wrote:If you are uppping the performance of your car hopefully the fuel issue will get sorted and no more stalling, well unless your clutch control lets you down if you are wearing sky high heels! I managed to stall twice today, once leaving a car park and once at a set of lights :oops:

I'd have let you off, all women should be allowed a stall or two if they're in beautiful sky high heels :P

louise_heels
Duchess

Postby louise_heels » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:52 am

Hey Annie, how are you, any more car issues? have you seen that colleage again since Christmas?
Louise x

natashaspiner
Wet behind the ears

Postby natashaspiner » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:21 pm

I had an embarrassing moment this morning...
I locked my keys in the car....with it running.....and my purse which contained my cell. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Stilettoscrushed
Chatter

Postby Stilettoscrushed » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:27 pm

natashaspiner wrote:I had an embarrassing moment this morning...
I locked my keys in the car....with it running.....and my purse which contained my cell. :oops: :oops: :oops:

major oopppsss moment, did you get back in ok?

Return to “Motoring”