chat about all issues involving cars, servicing, help, and tips

Moderator: Silent One

StrummFan217
Beginner! Talk to me!

Re: Fetish of cranking my car.

Postby StrummFan217 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:59 pm

rdority wrote:
StrummFan217 wrote:
Hi Mitch. :) I loved your recollection of your experience! I'd love to hear more if you want to chat sometime. :) PM me anytime you'd interested, okay? :)

Hey Kevin,

I'd enjoy chatting with you on this topic, if you would be interested. That would be really cool.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Patrick

Of course! :) Feel free to send me a private message any time. ^u^
Kevin, aka "StrummFan217" :)

"When old hatred's rift is mended,
Thus the kraken's power is ended.
(Written by Liz Kessler)

denisehornsby
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

Postby denisehornsby » Wed May 01, 2019 4:49 am

Hi,
I never pump the gas pedal, you dont need to anymore (unless you go back to the fifties!!) I had a Capri years ago with a carb and on this you pumped the gas once to put the choke on. I must admit I sometimes put my foot down on the gas pedal if I feel my SL55 is slightly reluctant to start which is rare and this works,
Regards,
Denise.

jeremy11

Postby jeremy11 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:53 pm

missleather2003 wrote:Emma, interesting post for me. Pity someone came along, you could have played a little longer. I too love to wear boots and I have quite a large collection.
It's starting to get quite cold here so I'm breaking out more of my leather boots and coats and of course my car can be more stubborn also.
I had to work late on Wednesday and I was last to leave the office. It was about 8 so was just about dark and it was raining quite heavily. I packed away my stuff and as I pulled on my leather coat and buttoned it up I looked out the window at the deserted car park except for my lone car. I suddenly started to get butterflies in my stomach as I thought that maybe I might have a little fun in my car. I pulled up my collar and ran to the car. Rain was running down my coat as I got settled in. Again I became aware of the butterflies in my stomach as I put the keys into the ignition.
Without pulling out the choke or pumping the accelerator I turned the key. She cranked over for a few seconds then offered to start but did not catch. I tried a few times like this but she would fire and offer then revert back to rhythmic cranking, then offer again but engine was not catching. All the time I was saying things like, "c'mon baby, start for me".
After around 8 attempts it would start but quickly stall. I was aware of the rain beating down on the car but apart from that silence other than the creaking of my coat . Now I pull the choke all the way out and pump her hard for around 30 secs. I turn the key again, she offers to start for a few seconds then back to the lovely rhythmic cranking. I pump some more, aware of my heightened feeling of excitement........"come on, errrr errrrr errrrr errrrr errrrr errrr......pump pump......errrr errrr errrr. "F*** sake, COME ON START" I shout. I smell petrol.

Janice

Hi janice, do you still have your peugot?

VPV

Postby VPV » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:20 pm

irina42 wrote:hi, regards from Finland.
I just found this forum and looks interesting

That's cool Irina! Are you into car cranking too?

Return to “Motoring”