weird soap obsession

Health: Get slim, Feel fit, stay Healthy
Act now regain your life.

Moderator: Silent One

bubblefoam

weird soap obsession

Postby bubblefoam » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:52 pm

For as long as I can remeber I've been overly obsessed with soap.
I mean the smell, the texture, everything.

I used to eat soap when I was younger (I have picca*) but then changed over to Ice when I was about six.
I prefered the crunchy ness of ice and it didnt make me sick afterwards.
I still eat ice to this day, but my soap obession didnt stop.

I love the smell of some soaps. Original imperial leather is my favourite soap smell, as well as Dove and some others.

I used to wash my hands a lot and thought I had OCD but realised it's not
washing my hands that i'm obsessed with.
It happened in stages.

At first I would just wash my hands with the soap because I wanted to smell liek it.

Then I'd just go into the bathroom and sniff the soap for a while.

Then I'd use the soap so that it got smaller and smaller and i'd take this small sliver of soap and stick it in a little book.

Whenever I wanted to smell it i'd open the book and just sniff away.
But then I started to liek the texture of soap too.

Basically the pages of the book dried out the soap and I picked at it til it was dust.

This then lead to my more recent soap obsession, which is a small tub that I keep next to me filled with dry powdered down soap granuals.
I smell these granuals but I also like using my fingernails to crush the granuals into dust.

I've also found recetly that when I'm at work (i work in a supermarket) that I'm always walking past the washingpowder section and just sniffing.

I dont know why I do this, I dont know if it's just a habit i can break if i try hard enough or if i'm just obsessed to the point that i'll be smelling soap forever.
Am I the only person in the world that does this?
:(

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:54 pm

* For those of you who dont know, Picca isthe compulsive eating of non-foods.
Like kids who eat dirt, chalk, glue, ice, etc.
A lot of pregnant woman get it but it also develops in childhood.
AS far as i'm aware nobody knows the cause for it.

Soap bar

Re: weird soap obsession

Postby Soap bar » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:05 pm

Hi, i just realized this post was 2007, but i have the same obbsession, i Love to sniff, touch and play with soap, only soap bar, i also watch asmr soap bar lather on youtube, My favorite soap bar is the dove. Dont feel lonely, i lot of people like it too.

Cheesus

Postby Cheesus » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:05 pm

I'm obsessed with soap lathering as well. I watch the YouTube videos, I prefer liquid soap though. It's less harsh on the skin. I start with bubbles with a small amount then make it thicker and thicker until it's a larger thicker than shaving cream. I only use my hands, liquid soap, and water when I do this. I love the smell, texture, visualness, and the calming, relaxing effect it has on me.

I recently started playing with bar soap as well but the bar soap makes my skin hurt on my hands. I even moisturize like crazy. My hands aren't dry or red or cracked or anything, but my skin is just kind of burning and sore.

I think this is more common among women than any of us think. For some reason, many women are obsessed with bubbles, smells, sounds, and textile play. Ive been noticing this more and more _. Its like our clean dirty little secret.

I don't know if it has anything to do with pica. I know I'd never want to eat soap. I do like to chew ice, but not obsessively.

Asmrbubbles00

Postby Asmrbubbles00 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:21 am

I have a youtube channel I just started on soap lathering if anyone would like to watch some videos. My name on there is asmrbubbles00.

Cheesus

Postby Cheesus » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:43 pm

I know, I'm a subscriber to your channel. Since I posted, my bar soap obsession grew and now I am killing a bar of soap a day. Usually in two 1 hour sessions. My favorite soaps are Dove, Olay, Caress, and sometimes Irish Spring. I started moving away from tje liquid soaps after my last post and now im just bar lathering. I lather till i get a thick, creamy lather the color of the soap. I usually do this about 5 or so times in that hour.
I just find that it has a calming effect on me. I'm not getting the tingles or brain orgasms. It just makes me feel calm and sometimes sleepy. I enjoy the feeling on my hands, the sounds, and the smell. Strangely enough, I see many people watch the asmr YouTube lathering videos. It surprised me just how many people have this same obsession.
Since October, I know that I have personally gone through about 50 bars of soap. That is obviously not doing it daily. I don't want my hands to dry out and I try to stretch a bar for 2 days of one session a night. So I can buy 14 bars of soap and it'll last me a month at least. I know I could actually go through more if I let myself though.
I guess I just wanted to post an update...

Tammyjacssx

Postby Tammyjacssx » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:10 pm

I realised all of these are from years ago. But I have the same obsession, only with soap bars I’m obsessed with the smell, I crave it. Sometimes I want to eat it but it tastes HORRIBLE and makes me sick after. Anyways what does it mean? Like I crave the smell so bad I have to put two bars next to my bed so I can sleep smelling it.

Return to “Health”