Why are my legs and feet stiff and cramping?

Health: Get slim, Feel fit, stay Healthy
Act now regain your life.

Moderator: Silent One

KSpencer22
Beginner! Talk to me!

Why are my legs and feet stiff and cramping?

Postby KSpencer22 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:29 am

Hi! I'll just start off by saying that times have been tough on me and my 4 brothers and sisters. We lost our parents a few years back and so I've always been working a ton to try and keep us afloat. Since I'm 18 now, I'm able to get a job as a waitress which I have found to be very good at! Right now I'm trying to work three jobs as a waitress to keep up with the bills. The sucky part is that I'm on my feet all day long. Usually from 6 in the morning until 11 at night or even later. Ever since I started doing this, my feet have understandably been pretty sore. Like KILLING me after I get home and sit down! I'm literally having trouble sleeping now because my feet and legs cramp and burn at the end of the day!

Like I said, I'm still new at this, but I'm pretty sure I wear good shoes so I don't think that's the problem. I didn't have a ton of money and I could only really afford one pair of shoes, so I wanted to get some that I could look cute in at work and outside of it too! I found a gorgeous pair of 5 inch pumps on sale at Target for $7! I'll admit they were a size and a half too small, but I couldn't pass them up for that price! Plus, I needed some good waitressing shoes that would actually look good! Not like the ugly sneakers the other girls wear. I love them because they don't slip off my feet so I get less blisters and they help my feet go numb faster I've found. My siblings usually have to help me pull them off at night though they're so tight lol! The insoles are like a hard plastic too so they should last a long time, even if they don't have a ton of cushion. Plus my managers love that I wear heels because the guys seem to really like it, and I've noticed my tips are much better than some of the other girls!

What concerns me is that the balls of my feet burn like fire at the end of the day and my arches cramp up bad. My toes are really concerning. I've always had long toes, but they're now cramped up and like a claw shape. They kinda look like they're just formed into little triangles and I can't really bend them. Plus my skin is super rough on the bottom of my feet now when I used to really soft feet, and I have really painful hard patches of skin on my toes. I can't even have my sheets touch my toes they hurt so bad some nights! My little sister tries to rub my feet at night to help me get some sleep, but that only helps a little.

I basically want to know if what I feel in my feet is normal or not? Like I said, I'm new at this and I want to make sure this isn't some disease in my feet or something! Thank you!

highheelswearer

Re: Why are my legs and feet stiff and cramping?

Postby highheelswearer » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:17 am

KSpencer22 wrote:Hi! I'll just start off by saying that times have been tough on me and my 4 brothers and sisters. We lost our parents a few years back and so I've always been working a ton to try and keep us afloat. Since I'm 18 now, I'm able to get a job as a waitress which I have found to be very good at! Right now I'm trying to work three jobs as a waitress to keep up with the bills. The sucky part is that I'm on my feet all day long. Usually from 6 in the morning until 11 at night or even later. Ever since I started doing this, my feet have understandably been pretty sore. Like KILLING me after I get home and sit down! I'm literally having trouble sleeping now because my feet and legs cramp and burn at the end of the day!

Like I said, I'm still new at this, but I'm pretty sure I wear good shoes so I don't think that's the problem. I didn't have a ton of money and I could only really afford one pair of shoes, so I wanted to get some that I could look cute in at work and outside of it too! I found a gorgeous pair of 5 inch pumps on sale at Target for $7! I'll admit they were a size and a half too small, but I couldn't pass them up for that price! Plus, I needed some good waitressing shoes that would actually look good! Not like the ugly sneakers the other girls wear. I love them because they don't slip off my feet so I get less blisters and they help my feet go numb faster I've found. My siblings usually have to help me pull them off at night though they're so tight lol! The insoles are like a hard plastic too so they should last a long time, even if they don't have a ton of cushion. Plus my managers love that I wear heels because the guys seem to really like it, and I've noticed my tips are much better than some of the other girls!

What concerns me is that the balls of my feet burn like fire at the end of the day and my arches cramp up bad. My toes are really concerning. I've always had long toes, but they're now cramped up and like a claw shape. They kinda look like they're just formed into little triangles and I can't really bend them. Plus my skin is super rough on the bottom of my feet now when I used to really soft feet, and I have really painful hard patches of skin on my toes. I can't even have my sheets touch my toes they hurt so bad some nights! My little sister tries to rub my feet at night to help me get some sleep, but that only helps a little.

I basically want to know if what I feel in my feet is normal or not? Like I said, I'm new at this and I want to make sure this isn't some disease in my feet or something! Thank you!

Hi, It's been over 4 years since you posted, but I want to ask you how you made out? I am a 5 to 6 inch high heel stilettos wearer daily and have been since I was 13. I have a feeling that your problems were/are caused by 5 inch heels. They look great and feel sexy, but they wreak havoc on your feet, legs and back. I have suffered daily for years because of my heels. I've had operations on my feet and back from wearing such high heels. But I love wearing them and I feel very sexy in them... the guys love them too! I work on my feet all day in a jewelry store and regularly put in 10 to 12 hour days, so I know how you suffer. I have worn high heels so long that I can't stand flat-footed anymore. When I slip off my shoes to go to bed I have to stand on my tiptoes. But it's all worth it to me and I wouldn't change a thing. I will never give up my stilettos and plan on wearing them well into my golden days. I hope things have worked out for you. Carol

highheelswearer

Re: Why are my legs and feet stiff and cramping?

Postby highheelswearer » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:30 am

I just posted again so I could check to "be notified" if you do respond.

Return to “Health”