What is the average weight for a 13 year old girl?

Health: Get slim, Feel fit, stay Healthy
Act now regain your life.

Moderator: Silent One

stephaniewoi
Wizard

Re: What is the average weight for a 13 year old girl?

Postby stephaniewoi » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:09 am

ava123BTS wrote:Hi im almost 13 on sept. 7th, i weigh 140 lbs and im 5'5. Reading all these post saying that im at rist of overweight is making me feel like my body is gross, i also swim and play soccer and i dont even eat a lot. i dont know what to do T_T

I know what you should do......Keep enjoying your swimming and soccer and stop being concerned about your weight.

I guarantee your body is not "gross" or overweight. If you are enjoying sport you are without a doubt super healthy.

Verlyn

Postby Verlyn » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:20 am

:| I'm 13, 53kg and 5'0, am I overweight? Or not?

stephaniewoi
Wizard

Postby stephaniewoi » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:52 am

Verlyn wrote::| I'm 13, 53kg and 5'0, am I overweight? Or not?

No you are not the overweight!

Have fun and enjoy being 13. It only happens once in life. Treasure your time as a teenager.

Anonymoose

Postby Anonymoose » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:47 pm

lovly2u wrote::!: oh now come on girls you guys are not fat ok you should think your beautifull no matter what you all look like ok :wink: you should beleave in your self to be beautifull weither ppl say different or not you all have something they dont no matter what it is adn you shouldnt let any one tell you different

I'm 9.7st and that's overweight for my height! I'm looking on here for health purposes not beauty! Any tips to get over my laziness and actually get a kick start into working out and other things that will help me lose weight???

stephaniewoi
Wizard

Postby stephaniewoi » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:43 am

Anonymoose wrote:
lovly2u wrote::!: oh now come on girls you guys are not fat ok you should think your beautifull no matter what you all look like ok :wink: you should beleave in your self to be beautifull weither ppl say different or not you all have something they dont no matter what it is adn you shouldnt let any one tell you different

I'm 9.7st and that's overweight for my height! I'm looking on here for health purposes not beauty! Any tips to get over my laziness and actually get a kick start into working out and other things that will help me lose weight???

Find a friend who also wants to start training and commit to each other to work out together at specific times. Having a training buddy is very motivational.

Girl122

Re: Over Or Under Waight.?

Postby Girl122 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:34 pm

Your Not Fat! I am 13 and I weigh more than you do! I weigh around 113 pounds and have a large waist and fat rolls, all of my friends have flat stomachs and Mine is chubby, they are all around 6 and a half to 7 stone and i am around 8 stone Its natural to have a fat rolls anyway x

stephaniewoi
Wizard

Postby stephaniewoi » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:47 am

stephaniewoi wrote:
Anonymoose wrote:

Find a friend who also wants to start training and commit to each other to work out together at specific times. Having a training buddy is very motivational.

Also worth mentioning that 13 year old girls are far from fully grown women. Those hormones do crazy stuff and your body and moods are all over the place. Embrace the craziness and plan the wonderful life ahead of you as your body settles into true womanhood.

Calitaa

Postby Calitaa » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:23 pm

:P
Guest wrote:I'll be 13 in May next year, I'm 9 stone which is a lot heavier than the others in my class who r 6 and 7, its making me really insecure, should I start dieting and watching my weight or is my weight ok? :cry:

Well it really depends how tall I are, if ur 5’5” and over, I don’t think it’s much or a problem but if your shorter, then it could be that u are but only by a few pounds or so not that big of a deal. At this age don’t be worrying about it. Maybe next year you can pay a little more attention but for now, just live life without worrying about ur weight

edev_.

Postby edev_. » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:20 am

I am a 13 year old girl and I weight almost 11 stones but I am not fat for my age. I have been told that it is mainly muscle tissues but I'm still not sure,

edev

Postby edev » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:28 am

I have just turned 13 in July there but I weight almost 11 stone, I like to think I'm not large but I dunno if it's just muscle tissue as I work out a lot or do I need to start dieting, it just makes me feel really selfconcious about my weight when everyone else in my classes are like 5,6,7 or 8.
I know that now it's all about spreading body postitivity but it's hard when there is so many people who love to push your buttons about your weight.
Sorry for the rant.xx

cocomx

Postby cocomx » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:02 am

I’m 14 (15 in December) and weigh around 127lbs and I’m 5”4. I really need advise on how to lose weight - I can’t afford a gym membership, my mum won’t let me go running alone but no one in my family will come with me & I’m starting my GCSEs this year which will of course be time consuming. I’m aware I don’t exercise enough or eat particularly well & I’ve noticed my thighs are getting a lot flabbier and are a wobbling more recently (which they never really used to) and my stomach has a roll of fat or two when I sit and bend, as do my sides/back. I have a bit of a double chin and flabby upper arms. I know my weight doesn’t sound that huge to some people but I hate the way I feel & I appear to have VERY little muscle (I dread to think of my body fat percentage; is there a way I can work this out without going to a gym?) My mum keeps telling me I’m not fat & that she doesn’t want me to become obsessive over going to the gym and dieting. For 6 years I’ve been so upset & frustrated with the way I look and my lack of confidence prevents from doing so much. I would be so grateful for someone’s help.

stephaniewoi
Wizard

Postby stephaniewoi » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:00 pm

cocomx wrote:I’m 14 (15 in December) and weigh around 127lbs and I’m 5”4. I really need advise on how to lose weight - I can’t afford a gym membership, my mum won’t let me go running alone but no one in my family will come with me & I’m starting my GCSEs this year which will of course be time consuming. I’m aware I don’t exercise enough or eat particularly well & I’ve noticed my thighs are getting a lot flabbier and are a wobbling more recently (which they never really used to) and my stomach has a roll of fat or two when I sit and bend, as do my sides/back. I have a bit of a double chin and flabby upper arms. I know my weight doesn’t sound that huge to some people but I hate the way I feel & I appear to have VERY little muscle (I dread to think of my body fat percentage; is there a way I can work this out without going to a gym?) My mum keeps telling me I’m not fat & that she doesn’t want me to become obsessive over going to the gym and dieting. For 6 years I’ve been so upset & frustrated with the way I look and my lack of confidence prevents from doing so much. I would be so grateful for someone’s help.

It's all about your confidence and not your weight. The fact that you believe you need to lose weight is enough that you need to take action in order to improve your self esteem. I recommend you try to move more as any movement is a form of exercise. For example exercise at home, Walk to school, ride a bike, go dancing, mow the lawn....it all helps. But also you should add some other ways of making you feel good about yourself. Save up and buy yourself a new clothing item, learn how to best use make up for example.

[email protected]

Postby [email protected] » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:40 am

I'm 13 (14 on April 10), I'm 5'2 1/2 and I weigh 90 pounds. I've always struggled with my weight, I've always been really small for my age and don't look like most of my peers. I've wanted to gain weight and tried to gain weight for months now, but I have a really fast metabolism so its really hard for me to gain weight but easy to loose it. Am I healthy for my age and height? If not, what should I do?

Samgolden

Postby Samgolden » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:53 am

I’m 13, 5’2”, recently transformed from a male into a female, and I weigh 147 pounds... Is that normal?

Vanessa12121212agk

Postby Vanessa12121212agk » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:29 am

I think I'm overweight I'm 5'6 and I weigh 160 pounds but I work out, run, and eat healthily. I have a bit of belly and thigh fat through the rest I think is muscle.

Return to “Health”