Why Do Women Give Out Their Number When Not Interested?

Keep the sparkle in your relationship, chat to other members
fredwriter12
Beginner! Talk to me!

Re: Why Do Women Give Out Their Number When Not Interested?

Postby fredwriter12 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:02 am

You either didn't read the posts or are a fool. For the last time they put their number in my phone and then send me text saying they were into me. No intelligent rational being would do something so stupid. Based on the replies I am getting it is becoming more and more obvious that other women think diving out their number, texting that they are into the guy and then going dark is a rational thing to do.

Lady J 624
Queen

Postby Lady J 624 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:10 am

Look. They give you their number to get you to go away. Then you go all stalker thinking that by having their number you are now in a relationship. They don't respond because you come off as crazy. Or needy. Or both. Just let it go.
Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.

light1313
High Priestess

Postby light1313 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:09 pm

I hope you are starting to grasp it better now. Yes I do think its rational for a woman to give her number, say that “she is into you “ and then decide to go dark.
Its rational. NOT ONLY FOR WOMEN BUT ALSO FOR MEN . You have to respect a person’s decision to not contact you. If someone gives their number and says they like you and express the desire to keep in touch it deosnt mean you are in a relationship. Even in relationships its quite normal for a person to decide that they dont want any further contact with you and you have to respect that. I’ve had a couple of good friend’s who ignored me and broke contact with me because they were annoyed with something I did or something they thought I did, or maybe had better things to do, its thier choice. I never went after them. I’ve had a male PM friend who decided to block me for no apperent reason I know of. If thats how they want it then thats fine with me. If Ive done something I dont know of and they expect an apology then they would tell me. If they don’t and I’m not a mind reader its not my problem, it means they just don’t want contact and they don't want to negotiate about it either so that can only be (and should be) respected and accepted.
Another thing is that after all people can have different expectations from any sort of contact if one realises those expectations don’t match, then its best to not have any contact and it doesnt matter if you have given out your number or something you are not life sentenced to continue speaking or offering an explanation.
You have to respect people’s choices. If someone is not replying to me I ussually do not text a second time. If I have had extended contact with that person and I do text a second time and stil they are not responding I never ever text a third time. That person has my contact details and if they wanted to contact me they would if they dont they have all the right in the world to go dark.
Acting otherwise is stalking, its creepy, its rude.
And I am not talking about just women I'm talking about men and women and all people.

Elysa
Master Wizard

Postby Elysa » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:10 pm

My lord. No wonder none of these women called him back. Talk about high maintenance.

I think the only 'case' that's important to realize here is that the OP is a basket case.

ChristinaIsHere
Mahatma

Postby ChristinaIsHere » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:41 pm

If Im not interested they dont get my number. If they persist Ill throw some fake digits at them, the end.

secretary1
Just warming up

Postby secretary1 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:46 pm

fredwriter12 wrote:Case 1 of a Woman who gave out her number
I would like to share three stories where something similar happened to me that until I found the thread was completely mystified. I am an attractive 63 year old male (at least according to the women who gave me their number and went out with me) and for the record until six months ago this had never happened to me.
Six months ago I met a 70 year old woman who was so hot I didn’t care if she was older than me. Things were going well until I made a comment about Trump and to my surprise found out she was a Trumpster. It took another 10 minutes before she agreed that she might let the Trump thing go and we kept talking until it was time to leave. At least three times on the way back to her car she kept saying “aren’t you going to ask me for my phone number? Of course I wanted it and before she got in her car I was thinking about kissing her. I waited a few days and called. No answer. I left a message no response. Finally I used my spoof card and called from a number she recognized and she answered. Her response was that she was in a relationship and had no explanation for why she kept asking me to get her number.

If it's true then you are lucky.

Starshine
Regent Empress

Postby Starshine » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:50 am

More to the point, why do certain men think they have a divine right to a woman’s number?

C.G.
Goddess

Postby C.G. » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:06 am

I have given out my number in the past to get someone to leave me alone. But I changed one of the digits. :twisted:
There is no wealth but Life - J. Ruskin

C.G.
Goddess

Postby C.G. » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:09 am

fredwriter12 wrote:Case 1 of a Woman who gave out her number
I would like to share three stories where something similar happened to me that until I found the thread was completely mystified. I am an attractive 63 year old male (at least according to the women who gave me their number and went out with me) and for the record until six months ago this had never happened to me.
Six months ago I met a 70 year old woman who was so hot I didn’t care if she was older than me. Things were going well until I made a comment about Trump and to my surprise found out she was a Trumpster. It took another 10 minutes before she agreed that she might let the Trump thing go and we kept talking until it was time to leave. At least three times on the way back to her car she kept saying “aren’t you going to ask me for my phone number? Of course I wanted it and before she got in her car I was thinking about kissing her. I waited a few days and called. No answer. I left a message no response. Finally I used my spoof card and called from a number she recognized and she answered. Her response was that she was in a relationship and had no explanation for why she kept asking me to get her number.

OK, I will prove I have read and take each of your cases in turn. Firstly, I am delighted by the idea that a 70 yo woman can be described as hot. It gives me hope for the future. But you had a lucky escape I think. I mean, being the "bit on the side" of a Trump supporter isn't exactly a dream ticket, is it?

C.G.
Goddess

Postby C.G. » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:12 am

fredwriter12 wrote:Case 2 of a Woman who gave out her number
3 months ago I met the hottest women who didn’t even look 35 (turns out she was 43) and got a date with her right away. She was all over me wanting to know if I had a date for new years eve. We parted with a full body hug and I assumed we would be seeing each other from now on. But then it was just about impossible to get another date with her or to get her to answer a text. When she finally texted she wrote that she "liked me but only wanted to be friends." Ok I got it but wanted to know why she was all over me the first night. Finally got another date with her "as friends" and to my surprise she was all over me again and when I asked her about the friends thing, she said "I just want to be friends first." The next date was easy to get and that one was really intense and when she found out I had no biological children she said we should have a kid together. Whoa … the ship is moving pretty fast and we parted with her telling me I had to come with her to a meeting the next day. She said she would text me the time and location. Never heard anything and finally I sent a text asking if I was suppose to meet her. She replied that “I don’t think I will go tonight I have a customer coming." I wait another day and ask her “When will we see each other again?” No answer and after 4 more neutral texts I finally get the following response, “ You are really a nice guy but I need to focus on my personal matters.” I get her on the phone and find out that she is about to quit her job and has all kinds of financial problems and has decided that she only wants to be with someone who will help her and hangs up the phone. I assume this is a game to get me to give her money and so I play along contacting her asking if I can help her. At one point she wants to know why I keep contacting her and I reply that I wanted to be someone who was sympathetic to her situation and didn’t that qualify that she would keep seeing me. She says thank you but she needs to move on. 2 days later I get a call that she wants to know if she thanked me for being so considerate. I assume we will be seeing each other so she can get money from me, but to my surprise when I tell her she did thank me, she says goodbye and I have never heard from her again.

So, how many times does she have to tell you that she just wants to be friends? The having a child thing together is a joke, just something to say.

C.G.
Goddess

Postby C.G. » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:14 am

fredwriter12 wrote:Case 3 of a Woman who gave out her number
Two weeks ago I am at a happy hour in a popular Italian restaurant. I wind up sitting next to a hot Italian 63 year old woman who looks 50 (I investigate all the women and find out their age etc) that is hitting on me. We are getting along when she says she is leaving town the next day but wants me to call her when she gets back. She calls my number and then enters her name in my phone. I secretly pick up her check and pay her bill with mine and leave. The next day she texts, “Hi there just wanted to thank you for last night at farfalle. It was a pleasure meeting you and I’ll be back next week from my trip to Florida. So keep in touch.”
I wait 8 hours and text “How is your trip going so far? I definitely will be looking forward to seeing you when you return.” She read the message but no response (the text on my phone show the time it was read). I wait a few days and try again, this time asking her “Are you having a good time in Florida.” Nothing. I wait a week when she returns and call and leave a voice mail. No response. Later I send a text with the subject line: Help. “Should I know what is going on? Did you really send me the text thanking me for the night at farfalle? No response. I try calling from different numbers and she does not answer. Now I try something different and send the following text, “Susan a friend of mine had something similar happen to him and as it turns out the woman was in a comma in a hospital. I would appreciate if you would just let me know that you changed your mind and are ok. Thanks” No response. My final attempt is the following text: “Ok I guess I will call the police and tell them to go to your address and see if you are ok.”
No response

Maybe she was creeped out by your "investigating" her. Maybe she just wanted you to pay for her. Who knows?

emilycurious
M'Lady

Postby emilycurious » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:14 pm

Starshine wrote:More to the point, why do certain men think they have a divine right to a woman’s number?

Do snowflake sissy incels think?
"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them." Attributed to Margaret Atwood.

Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby guest » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:07 am

You are being way too nice, polite and friendly towards them, that's why these women don't respond to you.

I've seen the same with so many other nice guys, who get ignored by women.

On the whole most - not all - women want to be with guys who are "cool" aka who mess them about, give them the runaround, don't respond to their message etc. It's considered to be more "alluring" and "sexy".

Starshine
Regent Empress

Postby Starshine » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:13 am

guest wrote:You are being way too nice, polite and friendly towards them, that's why these women don't respond to you.

On the whole most - not all - women want to be with guys who are "cool" aka who mess them about, give them the runaround, don't respond to their message etc. It's considered to be more "alluring" and "sexy".

Oh yeah? Really?

Julie-Anne
Queen

Postby Julie-Anne » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:30 am

guest wrote:You are being way too nice, polite and friendly towards them, that's why these women don't respond to you.

Oh dear

Return to “Relationship”