i am going to get married, any tips?

Keep the sparkle in your relationship, chat to other members
orchidlover
Beginner! Talk to me!

i am going to get married, any tips?

Postby orchidlover » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:20 am

Hello everone. I am glad to join this forum.

i am about to plan my wedding event in next two month and i need your tips to prepare a successful marriage.

What should i wear from top to bottom, what kind of wedding dress do you suggest for my skinny and tall body ( i am female, btw) and the most important, how much does a wedding cost?

Thanks in advance :)

Elysa
Master Wizard

Re: i am going to get married, any tips?

Postby Elysa » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:17 am

Yeah, I got a tip.

Weddings and marriages are two completely different things. The first one isn't worth the time or money, and the second isn't worth the time or money.

orchidlover
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby orchidlover » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:59 am

Elysa wrote:Yeah, I got a tip.

Weddings and marriages are two completely different things. The first one isn't worth the time or money, and the second isn't worth the time or money.

many thanks for your tips.. i do realise that wedding and marriages are two different things and i am still preparing my self to be a good wife.

mostirreverent
Angel

Postby mostirreverent » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:27 am

orchidlover wrote:

many thanks for your tips.. i do realise that wedding and marriages are two different things and i am still preparing my self to be a good wife.

Men don't like change...
"I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming petty vices."
Mark Twain

"A place for everything, and everything all about the place."
Mosti

Me in the Flesh Redux

Mr.Married
Chat Master

Postby Mr.Married » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:20 am

A man with empty balls never wanders far.

Tina TV
Master Wizard

Postby Tina TV » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:01 am

Don't waste money you haven't got on the wedding, better spent on your first home together.

Have no secrets from each other however painful they may be to reveal at first.

Share your feelings every day.

Expect there to be rough patches and difficult times, nothing worthwhile doesn't take some effort.

Enjoy it together.

ps. 35+ years of happy marriage sofar here.

mostirreverent
Angel

Postby mostirreverent » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:29 am

Mr.Married wrote:A man with empty balls never wanders far.

we really are so simple to maintain :)
Mark Twain

Mosti

Me in the Flesh Redux

Elysa
Master Wizard

Postby Elysa » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:33 am

orchidlover wrote:i do realise that wedding and marriages are two different things

You better hope you do. Your op doesn't reflect it.

How is your future spouse preparing? Have you asked them?

suzzie76
High Priestess

Postby suzzie76 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:11 am

Mr.Married wrote:A man with empty balls never wanders far.

Yeah, my mum basically gave me the same advice, although worded it differently.

"Always give him a reason to come home to you and he will always come home." Basically her marriage success, some sounds old school but works. If you dress like a slob, the marriage wrecking tart at the bar or office will probably win if she tries it on enough.

My mum didn't have much money, but she always presented well for dad. He always appreciated too from looks of things and always commented about how nice she looked etc. I noticed the same with my husband. Dress nicely and surprise I have help in the kitchen, going shopping, going for a walk.

In bed, if you go 6mths without it, your marriage is a risk and it may not take that long. Hence communication communication communication. Talk, ask what he likes, try something new, but don't let it be one sided or do what you don't like. However if you lie there like a nun for 10 years for the sake of it, again back to the marriage wrecker at the bar.

Basically I'm a believer that guys don't wake up one day and decide to cheat, it just happens and I think some guys only cheated because someone put it on the table in front of them during a bad day. There are however those that will always cheat, but I don't think thats many guys.

Wedding wise.
Its your day, make it yours. Not your mum;s, not his mum's, not your grandmother's, not even his to a point. I'm not a big fan on spending up on a wedding. My dress was 100% white leather with blue satin lining, cost ~$2500 (if I recall) and was pretty much 50% of our wedding costs. Friends and relatives bought aspects of our wedding, ie my grandmother the cake, brother in law the hire cars, mum paid for my shoes and make-up and hair, his parents his suit etc etc. My grandmother kicked this idea off and we offered it too all our guests instead of a gift registry. We just paid for my dress, the reception (drinks paid by my brother) and celebrate and photographer.

If I lost my photo albums I'd do our wedding all over again the same way as I was happy with it then and now.

One thing to remember, make your wedding day fun. Too many want this perfect royal by the numbers event. Slightest hicup and it seems more like failure. It poured rain on ours and it did not bother me one bit. Oh, don't invite people just because your related. invite people you want to share the day with. If you haven't talked to cousin It in 20 years, you won't on your wedding day.

Suggestion, why not go for a theme wedding. My husband and I had themed suit and dress, but not guests as I know some baulked at suggestion.

Elysa
Master Wizard

Postby Elysa » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:32 am

suzzie76 wrote:
Yeah, my mum basically gave me the same advice, although worded it differently.

"Always give him a reason to come home to you and he will always come home." Basically her marriage success, some sounds old school but works. If you dress like a slob, the marriage wrecking tart at the bar or office will probably win if she tries it on enough.

My mum didn't have much money, but she always presented well for dad. He always appreciated too from looks of things and always commented about how nice she looked etc. I noticed the same with my husband. Dress nicely and surprise I have help in the kitchen, going shopping, going for a walk.

In bed, if you go 6mths without it, your marriage is a risk and it may not take that long. Hence communication communication communication. Talk, ask what he likes, try something new, but don't let it be one sided or do what you don't like. However if you lie there like a nun for 10 years for the sake of it, again back to the marriage wrecker at the bar.

Basically I'm a believer that guys don't wake up one day and decide to cheat, it just happens and I think some guys only cheated because someone put it on the table in front of them during a bad day. There are however those that will always cheat, but I don't think thats many guys.

May I ask, how long have you been married? Just curious.

light1313
High Priestess

Postby light1313 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:21 am

We didnt even have a wedding. We both dont like weddings and we think its a waste of money better spent on something else you both want, like a honeymoon or a new car or whatever instead of entertaining other people for just one day. We had the reseptionist over to my sister in laws house (piad by my sister in law). There were a total of 13 of us there (only very close relatives and friends) I wore a plane knee length white lace dress, we had some floral decoration on the table and nibbled some cake and chocolate. Then father in law treated us all to dinner at a resturant in the marina, where a couple of my sister in law's friends came to join us for drinks.
As for keeping the marriage (its my first) I need some tips myself. Its not like when you are dating you are all dolled up all the time. I have bad hair days. I do tend to dress slob sometimes. Then there is a certain amount of time you have to wait for backgrowth to go for a wax ect. I remember when my husband first moved in with me before we got married I looked in the mirror and I looked a desaster I was so depressed that he saw me without make up on. Now he sees me like that all the time unless we are going out (constant make up is bad for your skin). I remember the first time we went into bed together and slept without having sex.
I could go on and on but marriage isen't all roses all the time like you dream it to be. I remember a few days before we were getting married I was hysterically frightened. Because "marriage ends the spark" responsiblities, expectations, husband's roles, wife's roles and all. We decided that we are not going to get carried away with these we are basically hanging out together and sharing. You must allow for personal space, thats a must, but share. Our rule is always to remember we are on the SAME side, we make up ASAP on the minute any time we may have an arguement. We have the routine of celebrating our daily wedding aniversary on the minute we got married. We do this everyday we have our alarm clocks set at that minute and we stop whatever we are doing to kiss and give eachother a cuddle when the alarm goes off and thank eachother for choosing to be together, or we send a text or make a call when we are not side by side at that moment. We do this everyday. At the end of the day we find something to celebrate and have a drink together, any simple thing like getting something done. We are ok. I do have this fear in me that one day he may be tempted to cheat, but I put it away, Cant ruin my day. I think men like you to be chearful and positive and feminine most of all. They need compliments too, a boost for thier ego, some feeling of being appreciated; Well we all do, so use every opportunity to do that.

orchidlover
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby orchidlover » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:20 am

mostirreverent wrote:
orchidlover wrote:

Men don't like change...

can you elaborate this? and why don't?
i need your explanation so i can feel and think correctly towards my husband-to-be.

mostirreverent
Angel

Postby mostirreverent » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:39 am

orchidlover wrote:
mostirreverent wrote:
orchidlover wrote:

Men don't like change...

i need your explanation so i can feel and think correctly towards my husband-to-be.

there is the old adage: women spend their lives trying to get men to change, and men spend their lives trying to get women not to change.

Why, because we like the woman as we founder her and for the reasons we were attracted to them, like long hair and blow jobs etc. Of course getting kinkier and more sexual is good, though some men (pussies) may not like women becoming more assertive...
Mark Twain

Mosti

Me in the Flesh Redux

Elysa
Master Wizard

Postby Elysa » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:46 am

orchidlover wrote:
mostirreverent wrote:
orchidlover wrote:

Men don't like change...

Orchidlover...now you're just taking a piss.

I have a question for you. Do you jerk off to the same thread over and over? Or do you always need a new one? Also, how many different forums do you jerk off to? Last question... Do your parents hear you jerking off or is the basement pretty well sound proofed?

AnnAndJosh
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby AnnAndJosh » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:13 am

You have give valid and useful advice. Making your second marriage a success needs incredible patience and commitment

Return to “Relationship”