Ending long term relationship

Keep the sparkle in your relationship, chat to other members
86Crow
Beginner! Talk to me!

Ending long term relationship

Postby 86Crow » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:53 pm

Long story short, we’ve been together over 9 years. We’ve lived together for 9 of those years. He’s always had issues in the bedroom, since day one. But since May 17, we haven’t had sex and only once has oral happened and that’s only because I got so upset about it. It’s over a year later and I’m at boiling point. The intimacy has long left the relationship and I’m only in my early thirties. I think I just need to walk away. I put a brave face on to everyone but this relationship has just bogged me down so much. I know it’s silly, but I’m scared to end it. I’m scared and sad and worried and every feeling under the rainbow.
Not to mention the fact that I’ve only just invested in a vibrator. :shock:

emilycurious
M'Lady

Re: Ending long term relationship

Postby emilycurious » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:01 pm

86Crow wrote:Not to mention the fact that I’ve only just invested in a vibrator.

You CAN take it with you.
"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them." Attributed to Margaret Atwood.

86Crow
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby 86Crow » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:04 pm

Haha, I just mean I've only just invested in one. What took me so long?!? That will certainly be coming with me!

emilycurious
M'Lady

Postby emilycurious » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:07 pm

Ah, the early thirties, I remember them well.
I commend your decision, better now than later.
Go live your life, and make it the best you can.
"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them." Attributed to Margaret Atwood.

mx6
M'Lady

Postby mx6 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:22 am

emilycurious wrote:Ah, the early thirties, I remember them well.
I commend your decision, better now than later.
Go live your life, and make it the best you can.

Horniest time of life for a woman. Don't waste it, the desert years lie ahead and you will need memories.

Ming
Chat Master

Postby Ming » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:59 am

It's difficult, but it looks like you know what the answer is. Have the courage to make the break and stick to it. It will be a painful process, but a lot less painful than wasting your life in a relationship that's just bumping along. You only get one go, so there's no excuse for squandering it.
Heart of oak, will of iron. Nerves of steel, and knob of butter.

Elysa
Master Wizard

Postby Elysa » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:30 pm

It's incredibly painful. But the hardest part is crossing over into making the decision and acting on it. However, the more time you spend with him, the more your identity gets stripped away from you. Once you have spent time apart, it gets a littler easier. Because you find yourself again.

It's heartbreaking, but survivable. Keep your heart open, not bitter. Bitterness makes it unbearable.

Find the strength and grab hold of it. Someone will come along and see your strength and they will be attracted to it...to you. Someone good.

Return to “Relationship”