Chemistry isn't there but I like my older man, sad and confused

Keep the sparkle in your relationship, chat to other members
Emily44
Beginner! Talk to me!
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Chemistry isn't there but I like my older man, sad and confused

Postby Emily44 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:32 pm

Hey everyone

I'm with my man now 3 years. I'm 44, he's 55 and this past few months I'm just not feeling that chemistry anymore. I have finished it several times due to same problem but get back with him as I miss him and maybe I'm not being honest to myself either.

I've had a really good chat with him and told him my feelings but we haven't split as such and he says he loves me so much. He's so good to me and is very honest, respectful and shows me so much care and love. I really care for him and enjoy his company but not feeling in love and I'm not enjoying the bedroom department either.

I'm so confused and feeling sad and would find it hard to tell him its over for good. I'd worry will I ever meet someone as good as him as no other man has shown me so much love. It's difficult as we get on so well together and he makes me feel comfortable and I know he'd never cheat or treat me badly. I only wish it was different and there was more chemistry but some family tell me all you need is companionship from your 40's but I feel I'd love to be happy in the bedroom department and I'm not. So confused.

I appreciate any help/advice.

Emily

User avatar
emilycurious
M'Lady
Posts: 2336
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: Chemistry isn't there but I like my older man, sad and confused

Postby emilycurious » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:40 pm

I assume when you say chemistry, you actually mean physics.
Is it something he is doing, or is not doing?
Is it something you are not doing, even though you want to?
How about you change things around a bit? Times, places.
You sound like you can talk about these things together, which is more than half the battle won, you just have to be honest and open.
"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them." Attributed to Margaret Atwood.

Emily44
Beginner! Talk to me!
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Chemistry isn't there but I like my older man, sad and confused

Postby Emily44 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:53 pm

emilycurious wrote:I assume when you say chemistry, you actually mean physics.
Is it something he is doing, or is not doing?
Is it something you are not doing, even though you want to?
How about you change things around a bit? Times, places.
You sound like you can talk about these things together, which is more than half the battle won, you just have to be honest and open.
I just don't find him attractive the way I used to :( when it comes to the bedroom I just try to avoid it and when it happens I don't really enjoy the sex :(

User avatar
emilycurious
M'Lady
Posts: 2336
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: Chemistry isn't there but I like my older man, sad and confused

Postby emilycurious » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:13 pm

Sounds like you don't really want a solution, just confirmation that running away is the right choice.
I'm sure someone here will tell you that it is.
"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them." Attributed to Margaret Atwood.

Emily44
Beginner! Talk to me!
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Chemistry isn't there but I like my older man, sad and confused

Postby Emily44 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:19 pm

emilycurious wrote:Sounds like you don't really want a solution, just confirmation that running away is the right choice.
I'm sure someone here will tell you that it is.


I'd love a solution but don't know what it is (apart from leave) when I'm not feeling it anymore. I just find it so hard as he's so many good qualities and I know if I leave I will miss him so much!

User avatar
mostirreverent
Angel
Posts: 34284
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:29 am
Location: Boston, MA USA
Contact:

Re: Chemistry isn't there but I like my older man, sad and confused

Postby mostirreverent » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:31 am

Emily44 wrote:
emilycurious wrote:Sounds like you don't really want a solution, just confirmation that running away is the right choice.
I'm sure someone here will tell you that it is.


I'd love a solution but don't know what it is (apart from leave) when I'm not feeling it anymore. I just find it so hard as he's so many good qualities and I know if I leave I will miss him so much!

assuming he didn't change his looks, or abilities in bed, I may be just that you were never really sparked by him, and only like the non-sexual things about him. No solution from a flask or test tube will fix that.
"I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming petty vices."
Mark Twain

"A place for everything, and everything all about the place."
Mosti

Me in the Flesh Redux

User avatar
Lady J 624
Princess
Posts: 3943
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:21 am
Location: New England

Re: Chemistry isn't there but I like my older man, sad and confused

Postby Lady J 624 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:57 am

mostirreverent wrote:
Emily44 wrote:
emilycurious wrote:Sounds like you don't really want a solution, just confirmation that running away is the right choice.
I'm sure someone here will tell you that it is.


I'd love a solution but don't know what it is (apart from leave) when I'm not feeling it anymore. I just find it so hard as he's so many good qualities and I know if I leave I will miss him so much!

assuming he didn't change his looks, or abilities in bed, I may be just that you were never really sparked by him, and only like the non-sexual things about him. No solution from a flask or test tube will fix that.


But surely this flask should be able to help :D

Image
Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.

User avatar
mostirreverent
Angel
Posts: 34284
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:29 am
Location: Boston, MA USA
Contact:

Re: Chemistry isn't there but I like my older man, sad and confused

Postby mostirreverent » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:46 am

Lady J 624 wrote:
mostirreverent wrote:
Emily44 wrote:
emilycurious wrote:Sounds like you don't really want a solution, just confirmation that running away is the right choice.
I'm sure someone here will tell you that it is.


I'd love a solution but don't know what it is (apart from leave) when I'm not feeling it anymore. I just find it so hard as he's so many good qualities and I know if I leave I will miss him so much!

assuming he didn't change his looks, or abilities in bed, I may be just that you were never really sparked by him, and only like the non-sexual things about him. No solution from a flask or test tube will fix that.


But surely this flask should be able to help :D

Image

:lol: :lol:
"I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming petty vices."
Mark Twain

"A place for everything, and everything all about the place."
Mosti

Me in the Flesh Redux

User avatar
Elysa
Master Wizard
Posts: 1946
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Chemistry isn't there but I like my older man, sad and confused

Postby Elysa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:15 am

You don't understand how the human body works. You want a solution?... hit the books.

Start here...

http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/article ... antic-love




You're asking for a super power. That's not gonna happen.


Return to “Relationship”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest