Do you have any color schemes and/or rooms with themes?

Area just for our members
Victorious1-reborn
Heroine

Do you have any color schemes and/or rooms with themes?

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:33 am

My living room is white with with a sand colored accent wall with navy blue curtains and decorations. I have a fiberglass navy blue buffalo head with gold horns over the gas fireplace mantle.
My downstairs living room has a boat theme with gold furniture and a wood burning fireplace. It is wood paneled and is like a 1970's time capsule.
My kitchen is burgundy with a sand accent wall and black appliances. It is in an open floor plan with the dining room/ living room.
The staircase is black wrought iron with wood paneling.
"Fear of Vikings build castles." - Charles Manson

Oscars Mum
Evangelist

Re: Do you have any color schemes and/or rooms with themes?

Postby Oscars Mum » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:40 am

I used purple and light grey in my lounge room. Its a combination I would have never considered but saw it on a paint chart and thought id give it a go. I've recently seen 'marbling' effect from plastering and I may try that on the chimney breast in the near future
'Happiness is found when you stop comparing yourself to other people'

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains un-awakened" Anatole France.

Winston Smith
Goddess

Postby Winston Smith » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:41 am

My wife re-decorated our entire apartment whilst she was on furlough and bought new furniture. The sitting room is particularly lovely...white walls and ceiling, white units but with splashes of bright orange here and there (cushions, vases, lampshades). She also bought a lot of art deco poster prints which she has framed and put up on the walls. That was for me as she knows I love art deco. The hall has prints of photos of various locations in our home town taken in the Victorian era.
Those who give up their freedoms for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.

Oscars Mum
Evangelist

Postby Oscars Mum » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:14 am

Victorious1-reborn wrote:My living room is white with with a sand colored accent wall with navy blue curtains and decorations. I have a fiberglass navy blue buffalo head with gold horns over the gas fireplace mantle.
My downstairs living room has a boat theme with gold furniture and a wood burning fireplace. It is wood paneled and is like a 1970's time capsule.
My kitchen is burgundy with a sand accent wall and black appliances. It is in an open floor plan with the dining room/ living room.

I love black. Do you find it hard to keep the appliances clean and fingerprint free?
'Happiness is found when you stop comparing yourself to other people'

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains un-awakened" Anatole France.

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:28 am

I don't do themes but I do go through a lot of testers, at least ten per room, before painting.
Though she be but little she is fierce

franfran
Angel

Postby franfran » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:44 pm

In my last house, every room was a different colour, but where we are now, there are only two colours used. There used to be just one until we had the kitchen remodelled, and then I had to change the colour in the kitchen and family room, because the colour of the new cupboards was almost the same as the old colour of the walls. And the lounge room has a pink feature wall. I try to have furniture and wall decorations matching to a degree in each room, but not to the extent of having a theme.
Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

Victorious1-reborn
Heroine

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:38 pm

Oscars Mum wrote:
Victorious1-reborn wrote:My living room is white with with a sand colored accent wall with navy blue curtains and decorations. I have a fiberglass navy blue buffalo head with gold horns over the gas fireplace mantle.

I love black. Do you find it hard to keep the appliances clean and fingerprint free?

Not really. No harder than stainless steel. My Samsung side-by-side fridge was a great scratch and dent deal. It had scratches across the front and side that I touched up with black fingernail polish. It worked great! It can only be detected in the right light, at the right angle - and only if you're looking for it. The old G.E. gas stove is mostly black with the very top around the burners a light beige color- it matches the older microwave and the 'sand' color wall. ( The' sand' is a Behr color called "Pa.cific Bluffs"). Got the new black Whirlpool dishwasher at a terrific price too. The factory isn't far from here- so I assume that's why. They probably add on dollars depending on how far they have to ship it for retail. I am a die hard deal shopper.

Victorious1-reborn
Heroine

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:47 pm

I recently did the upstairs bathroom in a medium purple color. The theme is celestial- (suns and moons). I have them all over the walls along with various other mythical symbols. The downstairs bath is paneling and has a 1970's 'abstract squares' theme.

V.A.J.
Demigod

Postby V.A.J. » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:26 pm

Victorious1-reborn wrote:
Oscars Mum wrote:

Not really. No harder than stainless steel. My Samsung side-by-side fridge was a great scratch and dent deal. It had scratches across the front and side that I touched up with black fingernail polish. It worked great! It can only be detected in the right light, at the right angle - and only if you're looking for it. The old G.E. gas stove is mostly black with the very top around the burners a light beige color- it matches the older microwave and the 'sand' color wall. ( The' sand' is a Behr color called "Pa.cific Bluffs"). Got the new black Whirlpool dishwasher at a terrific price too. The factory isn't far from here- so I assume that's why. They probably add on dollars depending on how far they have to ship it for retail. I am a die hard deal shopper.

Ha, me too! I am VERY happy with all the fab appliances that are being torn out and discarded just because they are white...I got a lovely convection oven with self-cleaning feature and a glass top for a pittance at the ReStore. Next, a high end (white) dishwasher. As long as they do their job I don't care what colour appliances are, or if they are "trendy".

Chudleigh
Seraphim

Postby Chudleigh » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:42 pm

Magnolia walls...white ceilints.

Gobnait
Supernatural Poster

Postby Gobnait » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:02 pm

Victorious1-reborn wrote:I recently did the upstairs bathroom in a medium purple color. The theme is celestial- (suns and moons). I have them all over the walls along with various other mythical symbols. The downstairs bath is paneling and has a 1970's 'abstract squares' theme.

Any chance of some photos of the various rooms? postimage is a good app to use. They sound very eclectic.
"you are a troll, only with a somewhat better vocabulary. "

All men are bastards.

A weasel vessel/vassal!

Victorious1-reborn
Heroine

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:46 pm

V.A.J. wrote:
Victorious1-reborn wrote:
Oscars Mum wrote:

Ha, me too! I am VERY happy with all the fab appliances that are being torn out and discarded just because they are white...I got a lovely convection oven with self-cleaning feature and a glass top for a pittance at the ReStore. Next, a high end (white) dishwasher. As long as they do their job I don't care what colour appliances are, or if they are "trendy".

The retail shops near me are not that great. No appliances just housewares. Not sure why. But in Florida there is a resale shop with appliances and larger items on almost every corner. Sometimes a small block of them together on the seedy side of town. This is do to the high numbers of retires dying and then the fools that go to Florida, have a great time, and then decide that if they move there that everyday will be like a vacation. It's not of course, so they end up having to abandon the things they boxed up and brought with them or sell what they can to get back home. This makes for a very transient society. The utility companies trust no one and require large deposits (refundable after at least one year) to ensure they get paid by these idiots on their way out. In short- Florida is a great place to get second hand treasures.
Last edited by Victorious1-reborn on Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Victorious1-reborn
Heroine

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:51 pm

Gobnait wrote:
Victorious1-reborn wrote:I recently did the upstairs bathroom in a medium purple color. The theme is celestial- (suns and moons). I have them all over the walls along with various other mythical symbols. The downstairs bath is paneling and has a 1970's 'abstract squares' theme.

Any chance of some photos of the various rooms? postimage is a good app to use. They sound very eclectic.

I don't know how to post pictures. I am self taught and only know how to surf the web and post comments. But I can use an old reel-to-reel movie camera. For what that's worth. :D

Gobnait
Supernatural Poster

Postby Gobnait » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:53 pm

Victorious1-reborn wrote:I don't know how to post pictures. I am self taught and only know how to surf the web and post comments. But I do know how to use an old reel-to-reel movie camera. For what that's worth. :D

*sigh*

Have you a android/apple phone?
"you are a troll, only with a somewhat better vocabulary. "

All men are bastards.

A weasel vessel/vassal!

Victorious1-reborn
Heroine

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:06 pm

Gobnait wrote:
Victorious1-reborn wrote:I don't know how to post pictures. I am self taught and only know how to surf the web and post comments. But I do know how to use an old reel-to-reel movie camera. For what that's worth. :D

*sigh*

Have you a android/apple phone?

I have an android. I wanted to post pictures of my backyard and beach when Chudleih showed his. Just as well- there are weirdos downstairs that hate me, stalk my posts, and say and ask really creepy things. I think there are satellite apps that can track a location by what the neighbors houses look like. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Return to “Members Chit-Chat”