Coronavirus Survival Tips, Rumours and Hearsay

Area just for our members
Gobnait
Supernatural Poster

Coronavirus Survival Tips, Rumours and Hearsay

Postby Gobnait » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:19 am

You may all want to be getting to a pharmacy near you and copping some antipyretics. I was in my local Boots today and the assistant was saying there had been a run on paracetamol and ibuprofen. She said she couldn't say whether they'd be getting more in any time soon which sounds a bit bleak.

Rumour 1: Paracetamol encourages virus replication or somesuch bollix. Fucking Facebook. So maybe go for the ibuprofen.

Rumour 2: There is a shortage worldwide of the stuff used to formulate paracetamol. So maybe buy up as much as you can.

My friend who most likely has it but they won't confirm with a test has been updating me with her timeline of illness and symptoms. If any of you are interested, I can post some of it. This is a from the horse's mouth for me but could be a friend of a friend for you.
"you are a troll, only with a somewhat better vocabulary. "

All men are bastards.

A weasel vessel/vassal!

Lucylastic
Goddess

Re: Coronavirus Survival Tips, Rumours and Hearsay

Postby Lucylastic » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:26 am

Yes please. Parecetemol has vanished here too. F****** Facebook.
Though she be but little she is fierce

himerus
Demigod

Postby himerus » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:44 am

I rely on Paracetamol which is increasingly hard to come by.

Tina TV
Master Wizard

Postby Tina TV » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:53 am

Remember the news from Trumpton. It's a foreign virus, so long as you have nothing to do with foreigners or eat their food you'll be okay.

Tina TV
Master Wizard

Postby Tina TV » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:59 am

Note for the Americans. Trumpton was a 1960s TV show aimed at four year olds. Sums it up really.

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:31 am

I rely on Paracetamol which is increasingly hard to come by.
You can ask your doctor to prescribe it if you depend on it. It might be worth signing up to the Echo pharmacy if you can which will post it to you by recorded delivery.

himerus
Demigod

Postby himerus » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:30 am

Confined to barracks for four months? The last time I was confined to barracks was in the RAF in 1951 and that was in the days when it was alleged that they put bromide in your tea.

Gobnait
Supernatural Poster

Postby Gobnait » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:49 am

Confined to barracks for four months? The last time I was confined to barracks was in the RAF in 1951 and that was in the days when it was alleged that they put bromide in your tea.
Are you going to be able to manage, Himerus? Do you have family and neighbours who will help you out? I was thinking about you because you always seem so isolated. Financially it's a fecking burden too. That is forgotten. Having to accept substitute items from supermarkets because they haven't the brand you want plus the delivery charges. Hopefully supermarkets will waive delivery charges for the people who are expected to confine themselves.

Your Boris is a fucking joke and I hope he gets it and can't reach his private ventilator until it's too late. Maybe the peasants will have broken in and stolen it.

All men are bastards.

A weasel vessel/vassal!

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:09 pm

Rationing items now in my local Aldi with checkout queues reaching the back of the store. Trouble is people were filling the boots of their cars then going back into the shop. We're a whisker away from civil unrest, mark my words. I have a feeling this is what the various lockdowns and bans on gathering are actually about now. A friend in rural Spain who ventured out this morning tells me the police are everywhere.

Gobnait
Supernatural Poster

Postby Gobnait » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:57 pm

My cousin copied us her friend's messages. She went to Tenerife on holiday with a friend, leaving her husband with the children in London, sometime in the last two weeks and is now trapped there in their holiday apartment with little to no food and the supermarkets are emptied except for booze and snack type shit. One person can go from the apartment to do the shopping but there is nothing to buy, They are not allowed out for a walk and this morning they saw the police chasing a guy walking on the beach and dragging him off somewhere. Shit is getting real in places.

My brother sent photos of a Woolworths in Cape Town. Shelves and freezers totally emptied.

All men are bastards.

A weasel vessel/vassal!

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:27 pm

Yes, my friend in Spain told me she saw windsurfers arrested on the beach this morning. You aren’t allowed any visitors. Quite how that is policed when you might have to call in on those in need of support to live I do not know.

Who?
Seraphim

Postby Who? » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:28 pm

Off to moderation...

Who?
Seraphim

Postby Who? » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:30 pm

Yes, my friend in Spain told me she saw windsurfers arrested on the beach this morning. You aren’t allowed any visitors. Quite how that is policed when you might have to call in on those in need of support to live I do not know.
I imagine most support workers don't arrive on a brightly coloured ironing board and call themsalves 'Kai'.

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:42 pm

The Aussie ones do.

C.G.
Goddess

Postby C.G. » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:13 pm

A colleague is stranded in Fuertaventura. They are not allowed out of their apartment and should have flown back this weekend. They have to wait for a repatriation flight this coming Friday.
There is no wealth but Life - J. Ruskin

Return to “Members Chit-Chat”