Should we bomb Syria?

Area just for our members
Gaylord_Focker
FF Royalty

Re: Should we bomb Syria?

Postby Gaylord_Focker » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:35 am

C.G. wrote:
Sleepy93 wrote:
C.G. wrote:I don't think America should be behaving like "the policeman of the world" and neither should we.

You're right, but it should be the whole international community that are condemning him. The main thing I worry about politics aside, and I am a Corbyn supporter, is that if we don't do anything it sends a message to Assad and all the other dictators they can use chemical weapons with impunity.

Winston will have you. Just warning.

She will grow out of it. :whistle:
Don't ask me about potatoes

Oh, you can milk just about anything with nipples.

himerus
Saintly

Postby himerus » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:00 am

Why should it be our responsibility? Where are all the other members of the United Nations?

Winston Smith
Goddess

Postby Winston Smith » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:35 am

C.G. wrote:
Sleepy93 wrote:
C.G. wrote:I don't think America should be behaving like "the policeman of the world" and neither should we.

You're right, but it should be the whole international community that are condemning him. The main thing I worry about politics aside, and I am a Corbyn supporter, is that if we don't do anything it sends a message to Assad and all the other dictators they can use chemical weapons with impunity.

Winston will have you. Just warning.

Oh dear. And I really liked Sleepy as well. I need to point out the error of her ways. Or else a good old fashioned exorcism is the only answer.
Those who give up their freedoms for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.

Joyofsox
Cherubim

Postby Joyofsox » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:59 pm

Why the hell not. Bomb the F*** out of them. I'm not feeling cheery today.
A bit of an animal.

BeckyTheBest
Just warming up

Postby BeckyTheBest » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:40 pm

Lucylastic wrote:Bombing anyone hasn't worked out too well of late.

This

Sleepy93
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

Postby Sleepy93 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:29 pm

Winston Smith wrote:
Oh dear. And I really liked Sleepy as well. I need to point out the error of her ways. Or else a good old fashioned exorcism is the only answer.

I'm a guy :lol: Also, if you're going exorcise left wing views from me, you'd better bring Pope Francis and one of those old water towers full of holy water. Still, I'm not a left wing ideologue on everything. It depends on the context.

KBEES
Wizard

Postby KBEES » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:13 pm

himerus wrote:Why should it be our responsibility? Where are all the other members of the United Nations?

When a military grade chemical was used in Salisbury we, the UK acted and were supported by numerous other countries. If another country acts against Syria for a chemical attack, I think the UK has to support the action in response to the Novichok incident.
If there is evidence Assad ordered the attack and we or a coalition decide to bomb Syria, we will bomb military targets rather than Assad himself or his palace, under international law, we can bomb the main man as that is deemed regime change.
I have met someone I cannot live without rather than someone that I can live with.

C.G.
Goddess

Postby C.G. » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:43 pm

Sleepy93 wrote:
Winston Smith wrote:

I'm a guy :lol: Also, if you're going exorcise left wing views from me, you'd better bring Pope Francis and one of those old water towers full of holy water. Still, I'm not a left wing ideologue on everything. It depends on the context.

I thought you were male. I can tell. :P (No offence intended as you are clearly fabulous, being a Corbyn supporter) :mrgreen:
There is no wealth but Life - J. Ruskin

mx6
M'Lady

Postby mx6 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:59 pm

KBEES wrote:
himerus wrote:Why should it be our responsibility? Where are all the other members of the United Nations?

When a military grade chemical was used in Salisbury we, the UK acted and were supported by numerous other countries. If another country acts against Syria for a chemical attack, I think the UK has to support the action in response to the Novichok incident.
If there is evidence Assad ordered the attack and we or a coalition decide to bomb Syria, we will bomb military targets rather than Assad himself or his palace, under international law, we can bomb the main man as that is deemed regime change.

Why is regime change taboo? Assad is the man causing this, why not get rid of him? He's not an elected representative of the people.

VictorBergman

Postby VictorBergman » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:03 pm

We do not even know if an actual chemical attack was carried out. Syria is a sovereign nation. Bombing Syria can only destabilize the region more. This is also likely to bring more of the "refugees" into Europe and the UK to Islamic snuggle with children and commit terrorist acts.

BeckyTheBest
Just warming up

Postby BeckyTheBest » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:05 pm

mx6 wrote:
KBEES wrote:Why is regime change taboo? Assad is the man causing this, why not get rid of him? He's not an elected representative of the people.

Because it is an agreed norm of international law that the countries deal with each other through the agents of their government ... and it is the exclusive right of the people of each country to determine who their government shall be.

(And that includes determining by armed insurrection rather than by democratic process ... )

Whether you think that is right or wrong is beside the point. It's what all the countries have agreed upon.

Sleepy93
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

Postby Sleepy93 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:16 am

Sleepy93 wrote:I thought you were male. I can tell. :P (No offence intended as you are clearly fabulous, being a Corbyn supporter) :mrgreen:

:lol: Its OK, I thought it would pretty obvious. Kinda hoped it would be so people didn't think I was trying to roleplay as a lesbian or something, as I can tell certain other men "down below" as you call it are.

Winston Smith
Goddess

Postby Winston Smith » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:33 am

C.G. wrote: (No offence intended as you are clearly fabulous, being a Corbyn supporter) :mrgreen:

Stop being a stupid c*nt.
Those who give up their freedoms for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.

Chudleigh
Transcendent Poster

Postby Chudleigh » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:23 am

No. The politicians should stop fuckng about being lazy. The answer is not to bomb his poor wretched civilian population....but bomb him instead. They of course will not do this. This is all posturing. What are the explicit agendas of the West and Russia ... the answer lies here.

Who?
Seraphim

Postby Who? » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:03 am

God knows if we should or shouldn't. If we do bomb Syria I think it'll be extremely well targeted, not a carpet bombing of civilian areas.

Return to “Members Chit-Chat”