Area just for our members
Winston Smith
Goddess

Re: Newbie

Postby Winston Smith » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:44 am

BeckyTheBest wrote:*sighs*

Why do I always make things so much more complicated than they need to be??

Because you're a fecking woman that's why. It's in your DNA.
Those who give up their freedoms for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.

BeckyTheBest
Just warming up

Postby BeckyTheBest » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:46 am

Winston Smith wrote:

Because you're a fecking woman that's why. It's in your DNA.

I see you haven't changed a bit in all the time I've been away! :nanana:

Polgara69
Heroine

Postby Polgara69 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:12 am

Why have you made it more complicated? Now people know who you are (some anyway!) it makes it easier for you to get back into the group. Newbies are treated with a certain amount of suspicion because, as I’m sure you are aware, we get floods of them. And sometimes they are old members who are looking to cause trouble.
So even tho I didn’t know you as beachball here’s a hug and welcome back. (Lucy vouched for you and she ain’t easily fooled) :bighug:
Ian Somerhalder is married. I am desolate.

BeckyTheBest
Just warming up

Postby BeckyTheBest » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:18 am

I know, Polgar ... I know.

I can be a bit dim sometimes, that's all.

And thanks for the welcome :thankyou:

Who?
Seraphim

Postby Who? » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:55 am

Beach ball? Don't be so harsh on yourself; plenty of men appreciate the fuller figure.

BeckyTheBest
Just warming up

Postby BeckyTheBest » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:56 am

Who? wrote:Beach ball? Don't be so harsh on yourself; plenty of men appreciate the fuller figure.

Nice to know ... but I've never been that into men :lol:

Besides ... BeachBall wasn't a comment on my shape. It was an old school nickname. Rebecca Ball ... Becky Ball ... soon corrupted to Beachy Ball and then just plain BeachBall

Gobnait
Supernatural Poster

Postby Gobnait » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:59 am

No imagination your classmates - Why didn't they settle on Beckyball?

So what did you get banned for? The reason could make you or break you so best to be honest.
"you are a troll, only with a somewhat better vocabulary. "

All men are bastards.

A weasel vessel/vassal!

Who?
Seraphim

Postby Who? » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:59 am

BeckyTheBest wrote:
Who? wrote:Beach ball? Don't be so harsh on yourself; plenty of men appreciate the fuller figure.

Nice to know ... but I've never been that into men :lol:

Besides ... BeachBall wasn't a comment on my shape. It was an old school nickname. Rebecca Ball ... Becky Ball ... soon corrupted to Beachy Ball and then just plain BeachBall

Well I know for a fact there are laydeez that appreciate the larger lady too 8)

Who?
Seraphim

Postby Who? » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:00 am

Gobnait wrote:No imagination your classmates - Why didn't they settle on Beckyball?

So what did you get banned for? The reason could make you or break you so best to be honest.

Yeah, I want to know why they let her air out too.

BeckyTheBest
Just warming up

Postby BeckyTheBest » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:07 am

I really don't know.

I came on one day and my PM ability had been revoked. I asked why and was told "people who have had PM rights revoked have broken the rules". I wasn't told what rules I had broken and I wasn't aware of having broken any, so I asked what I had done wrong. I got a reprimand for asking that, and I just kinda lost it. Changed my signature line to something criticising the site admin in Latin. :twisted: That passed unnoticed for two or three weeks, and then I found myself banned :roll:

To this day I don't know what rule I was supposed to have broken.

The best I can come up with was that, not long before, I had received a PM from another member inviting me to join another, invitation-only site. Back in those days they were very touchy about "poaching" members ... but if that's what it was about I still don't understand why MY permissions were revoked, because I wasn't the poacher. I received the PM, I didn't send it.

So perhaps it wasn't that at all.

Like I say, I really don't know. But it was a very long time ago now ...

Who?
Seraphim

Postby Who? » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:14 am

BeckyTheBest wrote:I really don't know.

I came on one day and my PM ability had been revoked. I asked why and was told "people who have had PM rights revoked have broken the rules". I wasn't told what rules I had broken and I wasn't aware of having broken any, so I asked what I had done wrong. I got a reprimand for asking that, and I just kinda lost it. Changed my signature line to something criticising the site admin in Latin. :twisted: That passed unnoticed for two or three weeks, and then I found myself banned :roll:

To this day I don't know what rule I was supposed to have broken.

The best I can come up with was that, not long before, I had received a PM from another member inviting me to join another, invitation-only site. Back in those days they were very touchy about "poaching" members ... but if that's what it was about I still don't understand why MY permissions were revoked, because I wasn't the poacher. I received the PM, I didn't send it.

So perhaps it wasn't that at all.

Like I say, I really don't know. But it was a very long time ago now ...

Well that was a really stupid thing to do. Everybody knows the admins speak Latin.

BeckyTheBest
Just warming up

Postby BeckyTheBest » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:16 am

Who? wrote:Well that was a really stupid thing to do. Everybody knows the admins speak Latin.

ita vero: iam veniam rogo

Julie-Anne
Queen

Postby Julie-Anne » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:52 pm

Welcome back then! You were before my time though.As long as you weren't banned for harassing or bullying members or trolling(and I highly doubt you were banned for any of them as you seem like a nice person), I'm sure they will give you a second chance.

As others have said, unfortunately we have become highly suspicious of newbies because unfortunately more often than not they are up to no good. Out of the 30-40 newbies we get a year, only 2-3 become permanent members, the rest have either joined to spam or cause trouble, and this week there has been a good few newbies(much more than usual) making us more suspicious.

C.G.
Goddess

Postby C.G. » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:29 am

They're a mixed bunch. :?
There is no wealth but Life - J. Ruskin

BeckyTheBest
Just warming up

Postby BeckyTheBest » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:21 am

Julie-Anne wrote: we have become highly suspicious of newbies because unfortunately more often than not they are up to no good. Out of the 30-40 newbies we get a year, only 2-3 become permanent members, the rest have either joined to spam or cause trouble, and this week there has been a good few newbies(much more than usual) making us more suspicious.

Thanks for explaining that, Julie-Anne.

It always helps to have a little context.

Return to “Members Chit-Chat”