Saintly

Suicidal Thoughts

Postby himerus » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:35 am

Have you ever had suicidal thoughts?

queenj123
Beginner! Talk to me!

Re: Suicidal Thoughts

Postby queenj123 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:22 am

No, cause I am afraid to go to hell. This is really not a joke, I have seen and heard a lot of new. Depression might be the cause why some people tend to commit suicide.
An executive assistant at PetStreetMall, a place to find quality and affordable pet supplies.

Who?
Seraphim

Postby Who? » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:38 am

A few years back, but I wouldn't say they were particularly strong. I never made any attempt to carry out my thoughts. Events seem to go badly in droves, but then everything goes well for a while... often quite unexpectedly.

How about you Himerus, are you OK?

Joyofsox
Cherubim

Postby Joyofsox » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:42 am

From time to time, I think everyone does.
I sometimes think I could just jump and it would all be over. I don't have to wrestle long and hard with my conscience to decide not to. It's more a fleeting thought, but when you are low, you think weird things.
A bit of an animal.

C.G.
Goddess

Postby C.G. » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:17 am

himerus wrote:Have you ever had suicidal thoughts?

Hope you are all right Himerus? X
There is no wealth but Life - J. Ruskin

Chudleigh
Transcendent Poster

Postby Chudleigh » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:02 am

I don’t like the term “depression” . It is a coffee table psychiatry term that people seem to misuse. Some people seem to use it when they are sad... which is something quite different altogether. I think the better terms are “despair” and “helplessness/hopelessness”. In these situations people see no way forward which has the propensity to lead to suicidality. Loneliness and isolation are huge factors. We seem to need others even if only to argue with. It’s tough to keep socially active when you are an older person for all sorts of reasons but essential that people keep at it.

Winston Smith
Goddess

Postby Winston Smith » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:52 am

Yes I have. When I separated from my first wife, was living back with my parents and was at a very low ebb indeed. My mum persuaded me to go and see my GP who prescribed an anti-depressant called Seroxat. After a few weeks on it, I actually felt worse and started to have very dark thoughts indeed about chucking myself off a viaduct near where I worked. It frightened me so much that I stopped taking the pills and slowly recovered. I later found out this about Seroxat:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... ung-people
Those who give up their freedoms for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.

Chudleigh
Transcendent Poster

Postby Chudleigh » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:45 pm

Winston Smith wrote:Yes I have. When I separated from my first wife, was living back with my parents and was at a very low ebb indeed. My mum persuaded me to go and see my GP who prescribed an anti-depressant called Seroxat. After a few weeks on it, I actually felt worse and started to have very dark thoughts indeed about chucking myself off a viaduct near where I worked. It frightened me so much that I stopped taking the pills and slowly recovered. I later found out this about Seroxat:

In fact.. quite a number of ant-depressants actually increase the risk of suicide. They seem to give the individual the get up and go to.... get up and go!

emilycurious
M'Lady

Postby emilycurious » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:20 pm

Chudleigh wrote:We seem to need others even if only to argue with

He loves me!
This is another of those "being in someone else's skin" - you just can't get there, you cannot experience someone else's pain, despair, emotions...
The only thing we can do is look after each other and be there for each other.
About the only thing I learnt from my father is that it is never wrong or weak to ask for help, he said learning by your mistakes was bull$hit, that learning from the experience of others was more intelligent and beneficial.
"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them." Attributed to Margaret Atwood.

Lady J 624
Princess

Postby Lady J 624 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:45 pm

Yes. I have at a few points in my life. But I realize that its just the mean voice talking. Remembering the good things helps.

I do wonder if all people at least have the thought at one time or another.
Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.

Chudleigh
Transcendent Poster

Postby Chudleigh » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:10 pm

emilycurious wrote:
Chudleigh wrote:We seem to need others even if only to argue with

He loves me!
This is another of those "being in someone else's skin" - you just can't get there, you cannot experience someone else's pain, despair, emotions...
The only thing we can do is look after each other and be there for each other.
About the only thing I learnt from my father is that it is never wrong or weak to ask for help, he said learning by your mistakes was bull$hit, that learning from the experience of others was more intelligent and beneficial.

Session over... that’ll be £150 please.

emilycurious
M'Lady

Postby emilycurious » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:22 pm

Chudleigh wrote:Session over... that’ll be £150 please.

That's not love, that's prostitution... and if I'm paying £150, you will wear that short red skirt, and braids, again.
"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them." Attributed to Margaret Atwood.

Chudleigh
Transcendent Poster

Postby Chudleigh » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:27 pm

emilycurious wrote:

That's not love, that's prostitution... and if I'm paying £150, you will wear that short red skirt, and braids, again.

Sorry.. prescriptions are extra.

DanMc
Seraphim

Postby DanMc » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:07 am

Winston Smith wrote:Yes I have. When I separated from my first wife, was living back with my parents and was at a very low ebb indeed. My mum persuaded me to go and see my GP who prescribed an anti-depressant called Seroxat. After a few weeks on it, I actually felt worse and started to have very dark thoughts indeed about chucking myself off a viaduct near where I worked. It frightened me so much that I stopped taking the pills and slowly recovered. I later found out this about Seroxat:

In part compensation culture is why these Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor type drugs are pretty much the only ones most doctors will prescribe. It's pretty cynical, if you decide to kill yourself on them the medical profession can't be blamed. The drugs themselves are pretty low toxicity so you are unlikely to be able to kill yourself with an overdose, and nobody can actually prove it was the drug that caused it. There are still some psychiatrists who believe that the older tricyclic antidepressants were more effective, but they are toxic and you can commit suicide with them. Therefore there is a potential compensation claim.

I was talking to someone who had suffered recurrent depression with irrational and obsessive-compulsive thoughts for a lot of her adult life, but had been greatly helped by Anafranil, a tricyclic, in the past. Her psychiatrist refused point blank to prescribe it insisting the newer drugs are much better and she ended up in a very bad way for a while because the SSRIs didn't work.

Himerus I hope you are OK, you are a valued member of this forum.
For The Many Not The Few.

DanMc
Seraphim

Postby DanMc » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:16 am

emilycurious wrote:

:lol:
For The Many Not The Few.

Return to “Members Chit-Chat”