Being stared at

Area just for our members
Captain
Demigod

Re: Being stared at

Postby Captain » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:42 am

If it happens, I never notice.
It is more threatening for women than it is for men though.

i'd disagree, men use prolonged eye contact as a direct challenge to other men, so if a man is staring at another man it is usually with aggression, whereas women are often leered at, which is unsettling, but not dangerous in itself.
When a woman stares at another woman it doesn't usually signal imminent violence, or intimidation.
but this situation does not occur out of the blue. So unless there is something going one between the two men, men will not stare and rarely look at other men.

And gay men that look, tend to be a bit cheeky about it, but not really stair. A stair would most likely produce aggression on the non gay man being starred at. Even with gay men, I've only been glanced at, not stared at, and they generally smile, though for me to have noticed, it was more than a quick glance so as not to be caught.

It does in lower socioeconomic areas. If you look at someone the wrong way or don't avert the eye quick enough you'll be attacked.
Im a girl.
Always rooting for the underdog..

Denny916
M'Lady

Postby Denny916 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:12 pm

It does in lower socioeconomic areas. If you look at someone the wrong way or don't avert the eye quick enough you'll be attacked.
The 'did you look at my bird's pint' syndrome that doesn't bode well for a good night.
DANNY KENT - GP World Champion!!!!!!!!!! :dance:
Our first since the late great Barry Sheene in 1977. It's been a long wait.

DanMc
Seraphim

Postby DanMc » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:07 pm

Those kinds of men remind me of aggressive dogs, they don't think they just react. In the words of Cesar Millan, "no touch, no talk, no eye contact" is the best way.
For The Many Not The Few.

Captain
Demigod

Postby Captain » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:12 am

Those kinds of men remind me of aggressive dogs, they don't think they just react. In the words of Cesar Millan, "no touch, no talk, no eye contact" is the best way.

hahaha this is so true.
Im a girl.
Always rooting for the underdog..

mostirreverent
Angel

Postby mostirreverent » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:41 am

If it happens, I never notice.
It is more threatening for women than it is for men though.

i'd disagree, men use prolonged eye contact as a direct challenge to other men, so if a man is staring at another man it is usually with aggression, whereas women are often leered at, which is unsettling, but not dangerous in itself.
When a woman stares at another woman it doesn't usually signal imminent violence, or intimidation.
but this situation does not occur out of the blue. So unless there is something going one between the two men, men will not stare and rarely look at other men.

And gay men that look, tend to be a bit cheeky about it, but not really stair. A stair would most likely produce aggression on the non gay man being starred at. Even with gay men, I've only been glanced at, not stared at, and they generally smile, though for me to have noticed, it was more than a quick glance so as not to be caught.

Wuchu lookin at
"I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming petty vices."
Mark Twain

"A place for everything, and everything all about the place."
Mosti

Me in the Flesh Redux

jinjin

Postby jinjin » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:39 pm

I was stared at by this person with big eyes. It reminded me of Marty Feldman from Young Frankenstein. I laughed.

Return to “Members Chit-Chat”