Coronavirus Survival Tips, Rumours and Hearsay

Area just for our members
Lucylastic
Goddess

Re: Coronavirus Survival Tips, Rumours and Hearsay

Postby Lucylastic » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:43 am

A friend in the US has had the Moderna vaccine, the first one I've heard of. She felt shitty for a day after but is fine now.
Though she be but little she is fierce

Who?
Seraphim

Postby Who? » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:25 am

I got jabbed a few weeks ago - much earlier than I was expecting. It was Pfizer. It was fine.

Gobnait
Transcendent Poster

Postby Gobnait » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:35 am

This place is a bit like some weird science fiction film where the players don't realise they're being controlled and manipulated by some weird overbeing. I forgot to look earlier but our comments here seem to have been deleted, Lucy. I'm sensing a Hammer House of Horror plot here, like the people who moved into their new house and terrible things kept happening until the house was blocked off front, back, sides and roof by strange walls. It turned out the house and the people in it were the toys of some gigantic sized child who put a box over her dolls house. I must see can I find it to watch. It was particularly chilling back in the day.

Anyway... Gobnait waves at the beings in the sky and regrets ever mentioning the name Lena. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"you are a troll, only with a somewhat better vocabulary. "

All men are bastards.

A weasel vessel/vassal!

Victorious1-reborn
Saintly

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:50 pm

I got my vaccine invitation! Going to the mass vaccine center being hosted at the University of Michigan football stadium tomorrow. Not sure which vaccine yet. They will be offering all 3 but it's a lottery on which one you get based on availability. Fingers crossed on the traffic and parking.
"Fear of Vikings build castles." - Charles Manson

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:16 pm

I got jabbed a few weeks ago - much earlier than I was expecting. It was Pfizer. It was fine.
I have only heard of one other person getting Pfizered here.

Chudleigh
Seraphim

Postby Chudleigh » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:34 pm

I had my second AZ last Monday

Who?
Seraphim

Postby Who? » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:24 pm

My gp practice phoned me to arrange it and I wasn't given much notice. It's a very large practice and they were jabbing literally hundreds that day (3 rooms with nurses administering at the same time). I know for a fact that everybody was having Pfizer because one of the people who was keeping the queue organised was telling everyone. My girlfriend got her jab in Warwickshire a couple of weeks later and she also had the Pfizer. The guy I work with is at the same surgery as me, and received AZ a week ago.

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:38 pm

Around here they tend to use neutral locations they can burn (not literally) like church halls since they had a Covid outbreak at a surgery they were using in the early stages.

Victorious1-reborn
Saintly

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:36 am

Got the Pfizer first dose today. The place was packed. Was on the third floor of the stadium club with a grand view of the football field. Always wondered what it would be like to watch a game up there.

franfran
Angel
Location: Sydney, Australia, at least 1½ metres away from you.

Postby franfran » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:51 am

Our vaccination program is running behind and is being hampered by EU countries vetoing the export of vaccines that are supposed to be sent to Australia. I just checked and it will be around 6 months, give or take a bit, before I’m even eligible to get the jab. By the end of the year, local production of the vaccine should be underway, so things should catch up.

This vetoing of exports seems rather short-sighted (and is probably just being done for local political gain) as to have a country with only some of the residents vaccinated when borders may be eased sounds a bit risky. Also, although Australia has not been as badly hit as other countries, we need supplies, as we have committed to supply New Guinea with the vaccines it needs - already we have sent them 8,000 doses - and New Guinea has a major problem on its hands with around half the population thought to be infected and their health system near collapse.

Having said that, I’ll disappear for now, before Winston comes back to attack again.
Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

Chudleigh
Seraphim

Postby Chudleigh » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:49 am

Our vaccination program is running behind and is being hampered by EU countries vetoing the export of vaccines that are supposed to be sent to Australia. I just checked and it will be around 6 months, give or take a bit, before I’m even eligible to get the jab. By the end of the year, local production of the vaccine should be underway, so things should catch up.

This vetoing of exports seems rather short-sighted (and is probably just being done for local political gain) as to have a country with only some of the residents vaccinated when borders may be eased sounds a bit risky. Also, although Australia has not been as badly hit as other countries, we need supplies, as we have committed to dsupply New Guinea with the vaccines it needs - already we have sent them 8,000 doses - and New Guinea has a major problem on its hands with around half the population thought to be infected and their health system near collapse.

Having said that, I’ll disappear for now, before Winston comes back to attack again.
Winston has taken a break for a while. He’ll find his way back some time.

franfran
Angel

Postby franfran » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:54 am

That's what I'm worried about and also why I'm not posting here regularly any more. I don't want to be around when he resurfaces. He's a nasty piece of work.
Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

Chudleigh
Seraphim

Postby Chudleigh » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:56 am

That's what I'm worried about and also why I'm not posting here regularly any more. I don't want to be around when he resurfaces. He's a nasty piece of work.
I think things overwhelmed him a bit. Some of his pronouncements went a bit far. It’s ok for people to have different opinions...but not ok to attack people just for having a different opinion. I think he knows that and perhaps he recognised that he was holding a bit to much passion and anger too close to him. Hence the self imposed respite.

Chudleigh
Seraphim

Postby Chudleigh » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:08 am

Don’t stop posting.. we miss your contribution. We all ran the gauntlet at some time!

franfran
Angel

Postby franfran » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:28 am

We all ran the gauntlet at some time!

It was a bit more than a gauntlet.

Chudleigh
Seraphim

Postby Chudleigh » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:01 am

We all ran the gauntlet at some time!

It was a bit more than a gauntlet.
Well... yes.

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:16 am

Looking back he had more than crossed the line with franfran at a time when he was being generally very ugly. We should have had a word with him. He’s not an unpleasant man, he lacks empathy and is genuinely unaware of the hurt he can cause in my opinion. I blocked him because I just found it tiresome.

Victorious1-reborn
Saintly

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:00 am

I'm feeling a bit under the weather. I think it's a reaction to the vaccine.

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:45 am

I'm feeling a bit under the weather. I think it's a reaction to the vaccine.
I've heard people who have had Covid prior to getting the vaccine say this. They just feel a bit 'off' for ten days or so.

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:48 pm

A friend in Wales tells me folk are going nuts over there, caravans everywhere.

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:25 pm

In fact the Zoe Covid study has just confirmed vaccine after effects are more common with Pfizer in people who’ve already had Covid.

Victorious1-reborn
Saintly

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:53 pm

That explains it then. My sister said she felt sick for a few days after getting the Pfizer first dose. (She's the one that gave me covid back in January.) My dad never had covid and got the Moderna vaccine. No effects at all either dose.

Victorious1-reborn
Saintly

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:17 am

My state is now number #1 in the country for new cases of COVID. Experts say it is because of the new "U.K. variant" strain and the high number of anti-maskers and MAGA's that think it's a hoax. :?

franfran
Angel

Postby franfran » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:22 am

I caught a bus home today and wore a mask, as masks are still mandatory on public transport. There were about ten people on the bus and only one other person was wearing a mask. This seems to be quite common now - even a fair few bus drivers aren't wearing them (maybe about two in every three. I haven't seen any enforcement of the rules either.

PriscillaMS
Chat Master

Postby PriscillaMS » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:45 pm

Masking is getting sillier and sillier. If I go to a restaurant, I need a mask to enter or stand. Once seated I don't.

Victorious1-reborn
Saintly

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:16 pm

Masking is getting sillier and sillier. If I go to a restaurant, I need a mask to enter or stand. Once seated I don't.
That's because you can't eat with a mask on. The available tables are set up to meet social distancing guidelines with a limit to how many people can be at one table. Wearing the mask in and out is for protection from walking near the other tables.

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:49 pm

Frankly, I wouldn't go into any enclosed space where people are unmasked. They've admitted the 2 metre distance guideline is totally arbitrary.

Victorious1-reborn
Saintly

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:31 pm

The restaurants being closed threw people over here into a rage. The owners of the restaurants defy the law by remaining open, claiming that the government is trying to destroy them. The America first cults rage over their 'rights' being taken away. They refuse to acknowledge that COVID is real, claim it's all a conspiracy to destroy America. It's easier to just let them all do what they please by allowing them to infect themselves. So the businesses have reopened. Natural selection has been taking it's course- with this area having the highest number of new cases and deaths in the country. Governor Gretchen Whitmer is allowing them all to commit suicide at the moment. Can't blame her really- soon all those that conspired to kidnap and murder her will be 6 feet under due to their own ignorance and stupidity.

PriscillaMS
Chat Master

Postby PriscillaMS » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:31 pm

Particulates and molecules in the air move randomly and in time reach a homogeneous mixture in any confined space. If you think masking is useful, use one. But the drive through window might be the better option if you are truly fearful.

franfran
Angel

Postby franfran » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:12 am

They are talking now about the re-introduction of quarantine-free travel between Australia and New Zealand.

franfran
Angel

Postby franfran » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:13 am

They've admitted the 2 metre distance guideline is totally arbitrary.

The recommendation here is 1½ metres, although the local shopping mall had signs up saying 2 metres for a while at the beginning of the outbreak.

Victorious1-reborn
Saintly

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:28 am

Here it is 6 feet.

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:55 am

Here it started as two metres and pavements were spray painted and signs put up, then they realised the pavements in London were barely one metre wide so it became 'one metre plus' then it seemed to revert. Essentially, they need new science. We were told you'd have to have face to face contact with someone unmasked for 15 minutes to catch it and you wouldn't catch it off food packaging etc. That's clearly wrong now, as is two metres distancing. I think in London there was probably enough virus just floating round in the air on the street at one point.

PriscillaMS
Chat Master

Postby PriscillaMS » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:49 pm

With regards to the c19 virus, science has gone political and hence is mostly useless now.

I suggest looking at companies that sell air purification equipment. The commonly used paper and fabric masks are ineffective with viruses. Its like erecting a picket fence to keep mosquitoes out.

franfran
Angel

Postby franfran » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 am

Local production of the vaccine is now under way and will hopefully make up for the shortage caused by the EU blocking a shipment of 250,000 that was supposed to go to Australia. It looks like we might need to divert some of the stocks that were to be used domestically to be used in New Guinea instead - we have already vaccinated just about all of the front-line workers (about 8,000 doses) but there hasn't been much headway with the general population yet, and New Guinea's health system can't cope, with hundreds of new cases recorded each day despite low testing rates.

PriscillaMS
Chat Master

Postby PriscillaMS » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:11 pm

Historically, this is how science worked. One proposes a hypothesis, (an explanation). An experiment (observations) is designed to test the hypothesis. And the results are statistically interpreted to either support or disprove the hypothesis.

Today, leftist politics have altered this historical system of science. Oh we still propose hypotheses and experiments are still designed. But if the stats don't support our hypothesis...we throw the stats out.

Most of today's reported science is highly unreliable, likewise Dr. Fauci. At least for mental health sake, pay no attention to him.

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:44 pm

As we’re not Americans in the main, Dr Fauci is not on our radar.

franfran
Angel

Postby franfran » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:35 pm

At least for mental health sake, pay no attention to him.

I don't. Come to that I don't pay much attention to any Americans. They seem a pretty weird lot.

Gobnait
Transcendent Poster

Postby Gobnait » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:37 am

leftist politics

*sigh*
"you are a troll, only with a somewhat better vocabulary. "

All men are bastards.

A weasel vessel/vassal!

PriscillaMS
Chat Master

Postby PriscillaMS » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:59 pm

Me? A troll? Perhaps to some, anyway is that so bad? Besides, when you call someone a name you've lost the debate. (That once was a rule on my HS debate team.)

Return to “Members Chit-Chat”