What kind of vehicle do you drive?

Area just for our members
Victorious1-reborn
Saintly

Re: What kind of vehicle do you drive?

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:23 am

Adding, I assume it goes hand in hand with American health care not being free?
Or if there's even money to be MADE by suing?
And lawyers really IRL run out to trafic accidents offering their business card?
Car insurance pays out to anyone injured by an insured driver. The lawyers are suing the insurance companies on your behalf if you become injured. It has the price of car insurance sky high.
"Fear of Vikings build castles." - Charles Manson

Roff(reborn)
Duchess

Postby Roff(reborn) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:28 am

The amount of never got-a-license loosers I dated in my 20's and even 30s... As my dad said many times, shaking his head:"The minimum to be expected from a man is that he drives".
My brother told me to always check a mans teeth. Because "if he can't take care of his teeth that means he probably can't take care of much else either." But he didn't need to worry- because ever since I worked in the dental field the first thing I notice about people - even strangers- is their teeth. I am a bit of a dental snob- runs in my family. Apologies to anyone reading that needs dental work. I understand dental disease isn't always the fault of the sufferer. But it's better to have no teeth and dentures than untreated deteriorating and infected teeth. Mouth infections are systemic and affect the immune system and overall general health of those that suffer them.
I agree about teeth! It's something we check out without thinking about it. With dogs, if you let their teeth get bad, the whole dogs starts to fall apart from the inside within a couple of years. Heart gets bad etc. So the need daily brushing, with toy dogs at least.

Roff(reborn)
Duchess

Postby Roff(reborn) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:30 am

And lawyers really IRL run out to trafic accidents offering their business card?
Car insurance pays out to anyone injured by an insured driver. The lawyers are suing the insurance companies on your behalf if you become injured. It has the price of car insurance sky high.
I can hardly imagie an insurance higher than here - for people with new and expensive cars that is. Wow. Thanks.

Victorious1-reborn
Saintly

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:36 am

I can hardly imagie an insurance higher than here - for people with new and expensive cars that is. Wow. Thanks.
Even PLPD requires injury coverage for the other driver and occupants if the accident is your fault. It's mandatory. But you can opt out of injury coverage for yourself on the policy as long as you can prove you have other medical coverage.

Roff(reborn)
Duchess

Postby Roff(reborn) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:39 am

Even PLPD requires injury coverage for the other driver and occupants if the accident is your fault. It's mandatory. But you can opt out of injury coverage for yourself on the policy as long as you can prove you have other medical coverage.
Here you don't have the health issue as part of insurance. I have added a cheap extra of solo for teeth (and maybe more, IDK) My own teeth. As dental is not cart of free health care. The other driver? No. I'm only resposible for his car as far as I know.
And my car is a beater, just the way I like it, no coverage of cosmetic stuff on it.

Roff(reborn)
Duchess

Postby Roff(reborn) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:46 am

It's a relief not to worry about little scratches etc. Don't think I could handle to worry about a new car, a new softy vernis and so on :lol:

Victorious1-reborn
Saintly

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:47 am

The amount of never got-a-license loosers I dated in my 20's and even 30s... As my dad said many times, shaking his head:"The minimum to be expected from a man is that he drives".
My brother told me to always check a mans teeth. Because "if he can't take care of his teeth that means he probably can't take care of much else either." But he didn't need to worry- because ever since I worked in the dental field the first thing I notice about people - even strangers- is their teeth. I am a bit of a dental snob- runs in my family. Apologies to anyone reading that needs dental work. I understand dental disease isn't always the fault of the sufferer. But it's better to have no teeth and dentures than untreated deteriorating and infected teeth. Mouth infections are systemic and affect the immune system and overall general health of those that suffer them.
I agree about teeth! It's something we check out without thinking about it. With dogs, if you let their teeth get bad, the whole dogs starts to fall apart from the inside within a couple of years. Heart gets bad etc. So the need daily brushing, with toy dogs at least.
I feed my dogs dry dog food and buy them dental chews. I also put an antibacterial mouth rinse (made for dogs) into their water.

Roff(reborn)
Duchess

Postby Roff(reborn) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:50 am

I feed my dogs dry dog food and buy them dental chews. I also put an antibacterial mouth rinse (made for dogs) into their water.
That would not do with my breed. I even clean their teeth with ultrasound myself. Have invested in one. But only possible bc they are so table trained.
Nighty, V1, better sleep :D

Victorious1-reborn
Saintly

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:21 pm

That would not do with my breed. I even clean their teeth with ultrasound myself. Have invested in one. But only possible bc they are so table trained.
it sounds like you have dogs that have to use a litter box. I hate cleaning litter boxes. My dogs are housebroken and small- but not so small they couldn't take a chunk out of someone's ankle. Before these dogs I had German Shepherds ( and a Pomeranian and a poodle). I still love shepherds, but I'm just not active enough to have one anymore. It wouldn't be fair to the dog.

Roff(reborn)
Duchess

Postby Roff(reborn) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:47 pm

it sounds like you have dogs that have to use a litter box. I hate cleaning litter boxes. My dogs are housebroken and small- but not so small they couldn't take a chunk out of someone's ankle. Before these dogs I had German Shepherds ( and a Pomeranian and a poodle). I still love shepherds, but I'm just not active enough to have one anymore. It wouldn't be fair to the dog.
Haha, litter box? No never! Especially the boy needs several walks a day, where he can mark his terrotory hundreds of times a walk. The girl is more of a homebody, on some walks I just take the boy alone. It is a very very different feeling to walk down the street with a majestic german shepherd. Felt very proud. But before and after him my life is devoted to the toy dogs. So proud of them, but in a different way. People have no idea the work I put into their coats etc. Or I quess people can see that. They get a very different reaction from people, noone gets intimidated, that's for sure.
The German, I brushed his teeth once in a blue moon and raked his coat in the garden with under coat flying all over. But it was pretty easy.

Roff(reborn)
Duchess

Postby Roff(reborn) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:55 pm

If your dog were cars, what would they be?
I think my would be Golf gti, small but fast.
And my German shepherd wass a Saab 9-5 stationcar automatic.
Or what car would YOU be? I would be hmmm...have to think...Nothing too fancy :D

franfran
Angel

Postby franfran » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:49 am

Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

oliviablond
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby oliviablond » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:31 pm

i've been driving 2019 Volvo XC90 since I got my drivers license _
Just got it in October to prep for baby since some our 2016 toyota rac 4 couldn't do 3 across. We have dec baby r in a graco 4ever, 5 year old in the integrated booster seat that was an option (seat belt placenta hits her very well), and the almost 4 year old is ff in a britax advocate CT. Plus there is still a 3rd row. We were def a toyota family before but now my husband has decided that we need to be a volvo family. He is loving all the safety features and the value of it.

Return to “Members Chit-Chat”