The impending U.S. civil war.

Area just for our members
Victorious1-reborn
Saintly

Re: The impending U.S. civil war.

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:00 pm

In Florida a 'crazy Canadian' is a tourist that wears a bikini to the beach on a freezing cold day just because they are in Florida.

Let's bear in mind that "freezing cold" in Florida is around 65-70 degrees. A nice balmy day up here in the Great White North. I was in Los Angeles once in late December, and it was about 70 degrees out that day and everybody was acting like it was the Arctic Circle.
Not true. Winter in Florida is often in the high 20- low 30 degree temperature range with bitter winds and overnight frost. Light jacket weather for northerners with thick blood- but cold AF for thin blooded Florida residents.
"Fear of Vikings build castles." - Charles Manson

Victorious1-reborn
Saintly

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:16 pm

NBC News- 11/16/20
Michigan Gov. Whitmer slams Trump adviser who encouraged residents to 'rise up'.

The governor of Michigan criticized Dr. Scott Atlas, one of President Donald Trump's top advisers, after he said on Twitter Sunday that Michigan residents should "rise up" against its new restriction measures.

"The only way this stops is if people rise up," Atlas said on Twitter. "You get what you accept. #FreedomMatters #StepUp."

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has been a frequent target for Trump and his supporters. Whitmer accused the president last month of encouraging "domestic terrorism" against public officials working to contain the spread of the coronavirus. She pointed out to Trump's criticism of her which prompted supporters to recite the chant "lock her up" at one of his rallies only a few days after law enforcement foiled a plot to kidnap her.

Whitmer said in an interview with MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Monday that she was taken aback by Atlas' tweet.

"It actually took my breath away, to tell you the truth," she said. "We are in the midst of the worst weeks of this aggressive measures."

"With the vacuum of leadership in Washington D.C., it's on the states' governors to do what they can to save lives," Whitmer said.

In an interview Monday on the "TODAY" show, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the government's leading infectious disease expert, said Atlas' comments are wrong.

"I totally disagree with him," Fauci said "I totally disagree with the stand he takes. I just do, period."

Atlas' tweet came shortly after the governor announced a new order partially shutting down venues like restuarants, schools and bars after state officials said souring case counts could lead to 1,000 deaths a week in Michigan.

The three week directive, which also limits family gatherings, comes at a time when coronavirus cases surge across the country. On Sunday, the United States recorded its crossed 11 million Covid-19 cases.

In September, NBC News reported the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was overheard saying that everything Atlas said "is false."

Dr. Robert Redfield suggested that Atlas, a neuroradiologist with no background in infectious diseases or public health, was misleading Trump and the American public with misinformation about the efficacy.

This isn't the first time Atlas has come under fire on Twitter.

Last month, Atlas falsely claimed that masks didn't prevent the spread of coronavirus on Twitter. His tweet was removed and replaced with a note saying "This Tweet is unavailable," linking Twitter's rules and policies, which outlined why and how the company chooses to remove or limit certain posts.

Whitmer added that the new restrictions will cut the state's losses short.

"We'll lose another 20,000 people just here in Michigan between now and the middle of February if we don't take aggressive action now." she said. "So for three weeks, we are going to tighten things up, batten down the hatches and try to get everyone to rise to the challenge in front of us."

Victorious1-reborn
Saintly

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:29 pm

11/20/20 - The Week-
"Michigan militia planned 'weeklong series of televised executions' as part of kidnapping plot, prosecutors say."

Members of a Michigan militia group had more planned than just kidnapping the state's governor.

Last month, the FBI discovered a plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) and try her for "treason", arresting 14 militia members allegedly involved in the effort. But beyond that task, court filings also reveal the men planned to publicly execute other public officials, or if all else failed burn down the state house entirely ABC7 Chicago reports.

While just 14 men have been arrested in the plot so far, they had a "Plan B" that "involved a takeover of the Michigan capitol building by 200 combatants who would stage a week-long series of televised executions of public officials," ABC7 reports. Plan C involved burning down the statehouse with its legislators locked inside, "leaving no survivors" ABC7 continues. These plots all unfolded as Whitmer and Michigan's government implemented lockdowns to stop the spread of COVID-19.

The conspirators also planned to kidnap Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam (D), the FBI reported last month. Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker told reporters this week he gets threats daily. Still, some of the men arrested have gotten bond reductions and are now free.

Michigan militia members and other opponents of COVID-19 lockdowns have repeatedly protested in front of the Michigan statehouse- and in one case stormed into it, with many protesters carrying guns.

V.A.J.
Demigod

Postby V.A.J. » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:51 pm

Yep: the "United" States is on its way out. Good thing the Orange Idiot didn't manage to order the military over to Iran. An obvious tactic to keep them busy elsewhere, while the lunatic local militia wreaks havoc!

It's absolutely INSANE that the Orange Idiot is still "in power" and there's such a LONG "lag time" between him stepping down (you KNOW he is going to do whatever he can to stall that!) and Biden taking over. The O.I .is going to DESTROY America any way he can to save his saggy old orange ass from the legal comeuppance that is waiting for him the moment he isn't "the president" any more!

In Canada, the transfer of power is IMMEDIATE; the moment the election result is known, the newly elected Prime Minister is "in charge". That three months "lag time" left to the Orange Idiot, is going to result in the DOWNFALL of America!

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:56 pm

I think the question is one of scale. In the UK the postal (mail in) ballots are not even counted unless the result is tight enough that they might make a difference in a constituency. We have a curiously visual system. The votes are counted and stacked horizontally in the centre of the room running along a long table with a column for each candidate. It usually very apparent who has won at a glance and recounts are rare (and actually rarely produce exactly the same result, so you can have second recounts). Although the number of votes cast is announced, the other candidates usually readily accept defeat and that settles the matter.

From the time the election is called, no one has an MP but the government remains in place until the leader of the winning party goes to see Mrs Queen and asks for permission to form a government. That is the moment of transfer of power and it usually happens the morning following the election.
Though she be but little she is fierce

Chudleigh
Seraphim

Postby Chudleigh » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:42 pm

I think the question is one of scale. In the UK the postal (mail in) ballots are not even counted unless the result is tight enough that they might make a difference in a constituency. We have a curiously visual system. The votes are counted and stacked horizontally in the centre of the room running along a long table with a column for each candidate. It usually very apparent who has won at a glance and recounts are rare (and actually rarely produce exactly the same result, so you can have second recounts). Although the number of votes cast is announced, the other candidates usually readily accept defeat and that settles the matter.

From the time the election is called, no one has an MP but the government remains in place until the leader of the winning party goes to see Mrs Queen and asks for permission to form a government. That is the moment of transfer of power and it usually happens the morning following the election.
I’ve been an observer on local council elections on several occasions.

Victorious1-reborn
Saintly

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:36 pm

A not so subliminal message to the armed and dangerous MAGA cult.

The Guardian 11/21/20

" Donald Trump Jr says he will pass time in Covid isolation by cleaning his guns."
President's eldest son, who tested positive for coronavirus, made remark in Instagram video.

Donald Trump Jr, the president's son who has tested positive for the coronavirus, has said he will pass the time in isolation battling with the virus by cleaning his collection of guns.

Trump Jr is now the fourth member of the Trump family to have become infected with Covid. The president, the first lady and their son, Barron, have recovered from the virus, as has Trump Jr's girlfriend, Kimberly Guilfoyle.

In a video posted to his Instagram account, Trump Jr breezily announced: "Apparently I got the rona." He then went on to say he had no symptoms of the virus but would stay indoors out of an abundance of caution.

He asked his supporters for their book and Netflix recommendation before adding: " I may have a couple days of solo time and there's only so many guns I can clean before that gets bored."

Trump Jr, like his father as president, has been frequently criticized for downplaying the severity of the pandemic as it killed more than 250,000 Americans. In October Trump Jr told Fox News that critics of the Trump administration's widely slammed approach to the pandemic are "truly morons" and said Covid-19 deaths in America are "almost nothing".

Trump Jr is believed to have political ambitions beyond just being his father's son and has successfully courted popularity with the Republican party's conservative base, carefully cultivating an outdoorsy and hunting popular image.

Chudleigh
Seraphim

Postby Chudleigh » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:29 pm

A not so subliminal message to the armed and dangerous MAGA cult.

The Guardian 11/21/20

" Donald Trump Jr says he will pass time in Covid isolation by cleaning his guns."
President's eldest son, who tested positive for coronavirus, made remark in Instagram video.

Donald Trump Jr, the president's son who has tested positive for the coronavirus, has said he will pass the time in isolation battling with the virus by cleaning his collection of guns.

Trump Jr is now the fourth member of the Trump family to have become infected with Covid. The president, the first lady and their son, Barron, have recovered from the virus, as has Trump Jr's girlfriend, Kimberly Guilfoyle.

In a video posted to his Instagram account, Trump Jr breezily announced: "Apparently I got the rona." He then went on to say he had no symptoms of the virus but would stay indoors out of an abundance of caution.

He asked his supporters for their book and Netflix recommendation before adding: " I may have a couple days of solo time and there's only so many guns I can clean before that gets bored."

Trump Jr, like his father as president, has been frequently criticized for downplaying the severity of the pandemic as it killed more than 250,000 Americans. In October Trump Jr told Fox News that critics of the Trump administration's widely slammed approach to the pandemic are "truly morons" and said Covid-19 deaths in America are "almost nothing".

Trump Jr is believed to have political ambitions beyond just being his father's son and has successfully courted popularity with the Republican party's conservative base, carefully cultivating an outdoorsy and hunting popular image.
He’s yesterday’s president...if there were going to be an armed uprising ...it would have happened by now.

Gobnait
Supernatural Poster

Postby Gobnait » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:05 pm

If there is a God and I know there isn't, Don Jr would spend his time in isolation battling for his life and losing.
"you are a troll, only with a somewhat better vocabulary. "

All men are bastards.

A weasel vessel/vassal!

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:08 pm

A euphemism if ever I heard one.
Though she be but little she is fierce

Victorious1-reborn
Saintly

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:10 pm

The majority of them believe that Trump really won the election and that God will prevail in their favor. When January 20th rolls around they will become much more agitated. Especially if he has to be physically removed from the white house. These militia groups are brainwashed by their organizers and will follow Trump's orders. Jon Voight was preaching to this cult in his last video. Watch it again and play close attention to the words that he used. Have you ever read about the mind control experiments carried out by the CIA??

To the sane this scenario seems improbable and fantastical- but these people are not sane and don't have much to lose. They are personally and religiously motivated to think this is the actual battle of Armageddon. They believe the 'leftists' / 'Dems' are the army of Satan. That they MUST be defeated in God's name.
Trump has told them to 'stand back and stand down" and to "observe". When he calls them to actual battle they will act. They are outgunned and ultimately will lose- but not without pointless violence and acts of domestic terrorism. The only way to avoid this is to muzzle Trump ( "The Chosen") and those that the crazies believe are the generals in his army. This is probably the biggest unchecked cult in American history. The CIA has known about them for a very long time yet have allowed them to go unchecked. Why? Time to question how they got passed over and allowed to exist by CIA domestic terrorism intelligence in the first place. Maybe we should ask Pompeo.....

Gobnait
Supernatural Poster

Postby Gobnait » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:14 pm

I've head the names Pence and Pompeo twinned as presidental/vice presidential candidates in '24. Should we start building an Atlantic sea wall?

I can well believe what you say is true. The other Americans I know are saying pretty much the same thing.

Also, in the last ten days I have plumbed the depths of the utter and complete fantasy (scutter is what we'd call it in Ireland) which what seems like a huge amount of Americans believe in. Some of them are even educated. They've taken the old 1984 tv series "V" and run with it. They argue the toss... some say the Democrats are all lizards, reptilian, Greys, Saurians... the others say don't be fracking stupid.. they're not bloody reptilian, they're fallen angels - Lucifer's mates. Really the capacity of people to believe the shite they see on YouTube is beyond me.

All men are bastards.

A weasel vessel/vassal!

Victorious1-reborn
Saintly

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:18 pm

You agreeing with me has caught me off guard. :P

You don't get to be the director of the CIA by being a nice person. Pompeo is a dangerous evil genius IMO. It's no mystery ( to me anyhow) why Trump elevated him to Secretary of State after winning the election. I'm certain Pompeo was instrumental in that win. He has profited the most from the 2016 Republican power grab. The CIA director job was then filled by Gina Cheri- best known for her support and participation in the torture of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay Detention Camp.( I'm sure she's very lovely. :shock: .)
I shudder to think what damage Pence/Pompeo could inflict on America (and the world) in 2024 without the sideshow moron (Trump) getting in the way of them being respected by the majority. It's no wonder they are leaving kicking and screaming. So close but yet so far......they probably secretly detest Trump for the idiotic sideshow antics that cost them this election.

Gobnait
Supernatural Poster

Postby Gobnait » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:16 pm

I do agree with you from time to time. :mrgreen:

Do you ever wonder, because I do, whether anyone who has ever said anything mean about certain characters ends up on a list somewhere... lifted out of FB, discussion boards, IG, Whatsapp... any place on the internet by algorithms and key words until such a time as a petty tyrant comes to power and decides to activate that list? They'd find it easy t lift all the malcontents in one fell swoop and all the rest of the lickarses like Winston get left behind to face the 1984 they feared.

All men are bastards.

A weasel vessel/vassal!

Victorious1-reborn
Saintly

Postby Victorious1-reborn » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:20 pm

If it gets to the point where there are lists of people that are getting rounded up and executed for free speech, then it's not a world worth living in anyhow. Concerns about such a list being implemented is another reason why so many Americans cling to and stock up on guns.

Return to “Members Chit-Chat”