When both partners work but one still does more around the home/childcare

Area just for our members
tulipkapy
Beginner! Talk to me!

When both partners work but one still does more around the home/childcare

Postby tulipkapy » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:31 am

Inspired by an interesting conversation between Lady J and Astrid.

Do you fall into this scenario? Or do you know others who do? Is it true that women are still expected to do most of the domestic work even though they have a paid job as well? If so, why? If men are "crap" at housework and childcare, why do you think this is?

In cases where this is true, I wonder if these grown up men had mothers who did everything for them. Incidentally, I know plenty of men who are adept at household chores and childcare and who take an equal part.

V.A.J.
Demigod

Re: When both partners work but one still does more around the home/childcare

Postby V.A.J. » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:04 am

Men are 'crap" at domestic tasks ON PURPOSE. They do a shitty job, knowing that the woman will get fed up and take over the job so they can get back to the x-box. And sure: there are men out there who do their share, just like there are unicorns and fairies!

Lady J 624
Queen

Postby Lady J 624 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:56 pm

V.A.J. wrote:Men are 'crap" at domestic tasks ON PURPOSE. They do a shitty job, knowing that the woman will get fed up and take over the job so they can get back to the x-box. And sure: there are men out there who do their share, just like there are unicorns and fairies!

Wow. Bitter much?

If we don't challenge men to be better, they won't do better. And yes, there are men out there that do their share. I'm married to one and know several that my friends married.

Just because you chose poorly doesn't mean all men are like that. :roll:
Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.

Oscars Mum
Chat Master

Postby Oscars Mum » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:30 pm

Lady J 624 wrote:
V.A.J. wrote:Men are 'crap" at domestic tasks ON PURPOSE. They do a shitty job, knowing that the woman will get fed up and take over the job so they can get back to the x-box. And sure: there are men out there who do their share, just like there are unicorns and fairies!

Wow. Bitter much?

If we don't challenge men to be better, they won't do better. And yes, there are men out there that do their share. I'm married to one and know several that my friends married.

Just because you chose poorly doesn't mean all men are like that. :roll:

LoL
'Happiness is found when you stop comparing yourself to other people'

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains un-awakened" Anatole France.

Chudleigh
Seraphim

Postby Chudleigh » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:07 pm

I think you got yourself the wrong guy....never mind..better luck next time.

Return to “Members Chit-Chat”