Red meat tax

Area just for our members
User avatar
Lady J 624
Princess
Posts: 3945
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:21 am
Location: New England

Re: Red meat tax

Postby Lady J 624 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Morris Minor wrote:
Lady J 624 wrote:Why does chicken get an exemption? What about duck?


Why a duck?


Duck breast is red meat.

I saw a thing that said it was better to eat cow than chicken because you had to kill less animals.
Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.

mx6
M'Lady
Posts: 2297
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:28 am

Re: Red meat tax

Postby mx6 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:36 pm

Lady J 624 wrote:
Morris Minor wrote:
Lady J 624 wrote:Why does chicken get an exemption? What about duck?


Why a duck?


Duck breast is red meat.

I saw a thing that said it was better to eat cow than chicken because you had to kill less animals.


But chickens aren't bright enough to realise they've been killed.

User avatar
Chudleigh
Transcendent Poster
Posts: 13594
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: Red meat tax

Postby Chudleigh » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:42 pm

mx6 wrote:
Lady J 624 wrote:
Morris Minor wrote:
Lady J 624 wrote:Why does chicken get an exemption? What about duck?


Why a duck?


Duck breast is red meat.

I saw a thing that said it was better to eat cow than chicken because you had to kill less animals.


But chickens aren't bright enough to realise they've been killed.


I’ve got six cockerels who manage the garden...eat the dog S*** and scratch out the moss and cwtch grass. They chase the cats and peck the dogs. Good lads!

mx6
M'Lady
Posts: 2297
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:28 am

Re: Red meat tax

Postby mx6 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:02 pm

Chudleigh wrote:
mx6 wrote:
Lady J 624 wrote:
Morris Minor wrote:
Lady J 624 wrote:Why does chicken get an exemption? What about duck?


Why a duck?


Duck breast is red meat.

I saw a thing that said it was better to eat cow than chicken because you had to kill less animals.


But chickens aren't bright enough to realise they've been killed.


I’ve got six cockerels who manage the garden...eat the dog S*** and scratch out the moss and cwtch grass. They chase the cats and peck the dogs. Good lads!


Outstandingly intelligent! Clearly not for the pot! Are they all gay?

User avatar
Chudleigh
Transcendent Poster
Posts: 13594
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: Red meat tax

Postby Chudleigh » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:05 pm

mx6 wrote:
Chudleigh wrote:
mx6 wrote:
Lady J 624 wrote:
Morris Minor wrote:
Why a duck?


Duck breast is red meat.

I saw a thing that said it was better to eat cow than chicken because you had to kill less animals.


But chickens aren't bright enough to realise they've been killed.


I’ve got six cockerels who manage the garden...eat the dog S*** and scratch out the moss and cwtch grass. They chase the cats and peck the dogs. Good lads!


Outstandingly intelligent! Clearly not for the pot! Are they all gay?


Very probably, they were rescued from being ferret food. I wouldn’t kill them. I call thecommunity the Chicken Monastery.

User avatar
Who?
Seraphim
Posts: 17244
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:23 pm
Location: Somewhere else

Re: Red meat tax

Postby Who? » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:11 pm

Winston Smith wrote:There is definitely a vegetarian/vegan agenda going on. I have noticed of late that virtually all of the recipes featured in the weekend supplements of The Times and Sunday Times are vegetarian. Meat (or even fish) of any description barely gets a look in.

I think this is true. We're even being peddled the angle that meat farming is bad for the environment so it's best to turn veggie or vegan.

User avatar
Lucylastic
Goddess
Posts: 42465
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:09 pm

Re: Red meat tax

Postby Lucylastic » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:30 pm

It is and it is. Embrace your destiny.
Though she be but little she is fierce

V.A.J.
Demigod
Posts: 8882
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:57 pm

Re: Red meat tax

Postby V.A.J. » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:48 am

Who? wrote:
Winston Smith wrote:There is definitely a vegetarian/vegan agenda going on. I have noticed of late that virtually all of the recipes featured in the weekend supplements of The Times and Sunday Times are vegetarian. Meat (or even fish) of any description barely gets a look in.

I think this is true. We're even being peddled the angle that meat farming is bad for the environment so it's best to turn veggie or vegan.

Apparently "cow farts" are destroying the environment. Not the "farts" of millions upon millions of vehicles raging around and above us, pouring their toxic exhaust into the environment, but "cow farts". :roll: Thus the justification that the veganazis are using to militate against those of us who choose to eat the diet dictated by our physiology.

Meateaters are fine with vegetarians, but apparently vegetarians feel the need , like X-tians, to dictate policy to the rest of us. This should come as no surprise; the sheer amount of self-righteousness and assumed superiority of the veganazis has been painfully apparent to the world for decades; it was inevitable, like post-WW1 Germany, that the movement[sic] was bound to burst forth with fanatical force to push its cause on everyone, sooner or later.

User avatar
Lucylastic
Goddess
Posts: 42465
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:09 pm

Re: Red meat tax

Postby Lucylastic » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:46 am

Revealed: Hitler's true motive.
Though she be but little she is fierce

User avatar
Morris Minor
Magician
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Red meat tax

Postby Morris Minor » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:54 am

Lady J 624 wrote:
Morris Minor wrote:
Lady J 624 wrote:Why does chicken get an exemption? What about duck?


Why a duck?


Duck breast is red meat.


Depends on which authority you believe. Some say it is white, some say it is red. It was, however, a reference to a Marx Brothers sketch, although it looks like no-one recognised it.


Return to “Members Chit-Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests