Skipral suspects TV interview

Area just for our members
Winston Smith
Goddess

Skipral suspects TV interview

Postby Winston Smith » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:12 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Seriously. :hand:
Those who give up their freedoms for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.

himerus
Saintly

Re: Skipral suspects TV interview

Postby himerus » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:27 am

The Russians are very good at telling blatant lies with a straight face.

mx6
M'Lady

Postby mx6 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:09 am

himerus wrote:The Russians are very good at telling blatant lies with a straight face.

And Americans aren't?

Winston Smith
Goddess

Postby Winston Smith » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:24 am

mx6 wrote:
himerus wrote:The Russians are very good at telling blatant lies with a straight face.

And Americans aren't?

That is not the issue here. That interview could have been something straight out of The Fast Show or similar. I was hooting with laughter...especially the awful translator voiceover. It would have been better with subtitles.
Those who give up their freedoms for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.

mx6
M'Lady

Postby mx6 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:55 pm

Winston Smith wrote:
mx6 wrote:

And Americans aren't?

That is not the issue here. That interview could have been something straight out of The Fast Show or similar. I was hooting with laughter...especially the awful translator voiceover. It would have been better with subtitles.

I agree it's not directly relevant, but the behaviour, not just of Trump, but of his whole support team, suggests that blatant lies are the new sine qua non of leadership. I suspect he learned it from Putin, Putim, Tupim, Tumpi, Trump! Ahhhh.

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:06 pm

It's one of two things:

Everyone lies all of the time on matters such as this and it only stands out to us as obvious because the delivery differs from what we're accustomed to.

Or

Moscow knows we can and will do nothing and Putin et al score points at home by telling the most blatant barefaced lies without consequence.
Though she be but little she is fierce

Chudleigh
Transcendent Poster

Postby Chudleigh » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:30 am

I fail to see the point of all this..those poisoned were double agents..spies, they had sold out their country. They were/ are paying the price for their duplicity.

mx6
M'Lady

Postby mx6 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:23 am

Chudleigh wrote:I fail to see the point of all this..those poisoned were double agents..spies, they had sold out their country. They were/ are paying the price for their duplicity.

Actually the person who died had nothing to do with spies!

Lucylastic
Goddess

Postby Lucylastic » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:27 am

mx6 wrote:Actually the person who died had nothing to do with spies!

That we know.......
Though she be but little she is fierce

Chudleigh
Transcendent Poster

Postby Chudleigh » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:41 am

mx6 wrote:
Chudleigh wrote:I fail to see the point of all this..those poisoned were double agents..spies, they had sold out their country. They were/ are paying the price for their duplicity.

Well, that case is a whole different basket of grief, dependency and social decline.

mx6
M'Lady

Postby mx6 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:54 pm

Chudleigh wrote:
mx6 wrote:

Well, that case is a whole different basket of grief, dependency and social decline.

All of that, but one of them was still murdered and the other put at significant risk by Russian agents who were careless about who got hurt. I think that warrants some concern!

Chudleigh
Transcendent Poster

Postby Chudleigh » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:39 pm

mx6 wrote:
Chudleigh wrote:
mx6 wrote:

All of that, but one of them was still murdered and the other put at significant risk by Russian agents who were careless about who got hurt. I think that warrants some concern!

Or..... were they? I confess that I had overlooked the two recent victims, one of whom succumbed. I was only thinking of the Russian double agent and his daughter who (quelle sur F****** prise) fell victim, allegedly, to Kremlin dirty tricks.

Return to “Members Chit-Chat”