Unromantic Weddings

Swap advice, compare notes and make your special day extra special.

Moderator: Silent One

jey_mate
Beginner! Talk to me!

Unromantic Weddings

Postby jey_mate » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:51 pm

I have recently been to the most boring and unromantic wedding. It took 15 minutes at the city hall.
From what I understood the bride wanted it that way. The only thing is that I know the groom and I know what a romantic person he is.
I feel bad for him.
Have you ever been to such a wedding?

suzzie76
High Priestess

Re: Unromantic Weddings

Postby suzzie76 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:17 am

Similar yes.

Gather at Marriage register then dinner afterwards, lucky to be smart casual, but I wore 5" heels and a knee length dress anyway much to the disgust of some of the other women there. :D

Maxwell3
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Maxwell3 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:25 pm

yes, I have the same experience about bad weddings. Then I back from the party. Because I didn't like that at all.

light1313
High Priestess

Postby light1313 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:10 am

I hate weddings, all the ceremony and stuff. I had a very simple wedding. I wore a white knee high dress with a bit of lace on the arms. We had the regestry at my sister in-laws house because she had a nice living room with a veranda. There were 13 of us in total including us and my sister in laws 11 year old daughter. Then my father in law took us all out to a nice restaurant then when our guests started leaving my sister in law took a couple of our friends to a nearby bar and then home and my husband and I left to go to our hotel room for the night which was also my father in law's treat but we chose the hotel. It was so simple and warm I cant dream of anything better.

garrys
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby garrys » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:21 pm

Thank God! :o Still I'm not facing boring type of marriage or anniversary :D

emilycurious
M'Lady

Postby emilycurious » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:09 pm

Last edited by emilycurious on Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them." Attributed to Margaret Atwood.

suzzie76
High Priestess

Postby suzzie76 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:28 pm

emilycurious wrote:
jey_mate wrote:It took 15 minutes at the city hall.

See, that sounds perfect to me.
I can't believe the ridiculous amounts of money that are spent on weddings, and the amount they expect their friends and relatives to fork out, for something which is 50% guaranteed to fail.
I know one woman who had been married four times in less than fifteen years, I told her I wasn't attending the fourth, and I wasn't buying a present. Six months later it was over.

Over the years I've declined or not put much effort into present selection to a couple of weddings that I just thought were wrong. Kept my views to myself but just didn't want to be part of something where I strongly knew it would fail or that one of the couple was not who they said they were, i.e. already cheating. The sad part is that a few others I spoke with felt similar and yes most of the marriages didn't last, others know idea as no longer connected.

suzzie76
High Priestess

Postby suzzie76 » Sat May 19, 2018 5:06 pm

suzzie76 wrote:
emilycurious wrote:
jey_mate wrote:It took 15 minutes at the city hall.

See, that sounds perfect to me.
I can't believe the ridiculous amounts of money that are spent on weddings, and the amount they expect their friends and relatives to fork out, for something which is 50% guaranteed to fail.
I know one woman who had been married four times in less than fifteen years, I told her I wasn't attending the fourth, and I wasn't buying a present. Six months later it was over.

Over the years I've declined or not put much effort into present selection to a couple of weddings that I just thought were wrong. Kept my views to myself but just didn't want to be part of something where I strongly knew it would fail or that one of the couple was not who they said they were, i.e. already cheating. The sad part is that a few others I spoke with felt similar and yes most of the marriages didn't last, others know idea as no longer connected.

I've been to a few I thought, mmm I don't think is going to work out. I still dress up and make similar effort except i spend less money on the present. Actually the amount I spend is usually based on how close I am and how much I think the relationship is likely to go distance.

If I think the marriage is mmm, I certainly spend money on a new outfit, but still put effort into presentation and use it as weekend away with HB and dinner with usually friends.

Return to “Weddings”