wedding veil

Swap advice, compare notes and make your special day extra special.

Moderator: Silent One

bitunsure
Beginner! Talk to me!

wedding veil

Postby bitunsure » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:03 pm

First of all apologies and I hope I do not upset anyone but you need to know I am a guy but I need a woman's perspective on an up and coming wedding of my step daughter.

The scenario is that I am very happily married (second time around for both of us) and my step daughter is getting married in May this year - all well and good. However yesterday my wife produced her wedding veil she had from her first marriage and displayed it in our bedroom and told me that she had sent a video of the veil to our daughter and that our daughter would be wearing this for the wedding. Im not exactly sure why but this has left me feeling a bit sad and betrayed. I know this may sound very silly but I can't help my feelings. Her real dad will be at the wedding and it is making me feel a bit vulnerable, again not sure why I feel this way. So the question I have is do I just get over myself and move on and am I being too sensitive or just a plain idiot or would anyone else feel this way? I suppose I am just looking for a pointer to let me know if I am just weird or if anyone else would feel like this. Not really a thing I could chat to the guys about so I suppose I am turning to you for help.

Thanks in advance
bitconfused

Starshine
Regent Empress

Re: wedding veil

Postby Starshine » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:41 am

Before we get too involved in the various aspects of this, the key question has to be does your daughter want[b] to wear this veil?

bitunsure
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby bitunsure » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:54 am

I believe so, not here idea originally but is now up for it, also we have been married 18 years not sure if this counts or not.

diana_robertson
M'Lady

Postby diana_robertson » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:59 am

Stop being such a diva

mostirreverent
Angel

Postby mostirreverent » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:27 am

I can see your point, why where a veil from a failed marriage. I guess it depends on the relationship between her and the father. or maybe not. I guess I would think a new veil would be best. start fresh. if she is wearing the dress, then why not the veil. who is waking her down the isle?
"I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming petty vices."
Mark Twain

"A place for everything, and everything all about the place."
Mosti

Me in the Flesh Redux

light1313
High Priestess

Postby light1313 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:49 pm

I think you are over reacting. Its just a viel and this is a mother daughter thing and I think its sweet if she wants to wear the viel. Your wife's ex-marriage is over. And you have been married for 18 years whats this insecurity about? Betrayal? thats strong...

Return to “Weddings”