10 reasons why people are swapping the wedding photographer for a family member or friend

Swap advice, compare notes and make your special day extra special.

Moderator: Silent One

Stephanie (FF visitor)

10 reasons why people are swapping the wedding photographer for a family member or friend

Postby Stephanie (FF visitor) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:01 pm

I had a friend shoot my wedding. It caused us to fall out and I have hardly any decent photos of the day. They looked ok but wouldn't print bigger than 6 by 4. Even then they were not so good. All the money I spent on the decor looks bad too. If you're thinking of doing this please reconsider

Reason:

Andrew Billington (FF visitor)

Postby Andrew Billington (FF visitor) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:41 pm

Heaton House Farm don't seem to be suggesting couples bring their own catering, entertainment, photobooths or flowers.... perhaps because they get a 10% Kickback from recommended suppliers for this.
Take away what professionals bring to a wedding day at Heaton House Farm and you are left with a barn in a field staffed by students working for minimum wage. Oh the magic!

Reason:

JamesFear (FF visitor)

Postby JamesFear (FF visitor) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:36 pm

Top wedding photographers are worth their weight in gold and is one of the toughest jobs out there.

Reason:

Chris John (FF visitor)

Postby Chris John (FF visitor) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:30 pm

You only get one chance to get it right, so I would much rather use a professional photographer (a real pro photographer that does it full time). If you have ever seen the difference between a well taken 'pro' photographer photo compared to someone who used a 50 quid Currys digital camera and just stuck it towards the subject matter and pressed a button - you will know the difference in quality.

I know people dont want to part with 700 notes - but that faced with a life time of looking at bad photos of your wedding is not a bad return.

Maybe the happy couple will also cook their own meals for the wedding guests, the Hotel allow people to bring their own bedding perhaps.

As someone who got married a few years back and who paid for a pro photographer for a days work - plus the image processing etc, I would trust them any day rather than Ungle Joe or Aunty Nerris to take the photos.

Reason:

Sarah Heath (FF visitor)

Postby Sarah Heath (FF visitor) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:27 pm

Thanks for your comments Andrew. Both myself and Heaton House Farm clearly have had no involvement with this article (theres no link). This is not what we advocate at all as we LOVE working with professional suppliers. We have seen so many of our couples disappointed with the results from a friend or family member.

Kind regards,

Sarah

Reason:

Sarah Heath (FF visitor)

Postby Sarah Heath (FF visitor) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:28 pm

Hi Shaun,

We actively promote great suppliers, they make a massive difference to the couples day. This blog has NOT been written by us or endorsed by us either.

Kind regards,

Sarah

Reason:

Sarah Heath (FF visitor)

Postby Sarah Heath (FF visitor) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:33 pm

Hi Neil,

This post has NOT been written be either myself or HHF. We've had no knowledge of this. I am happy to post (like I always do) great professional photos of fabulous wedding at HHF.

Kind regards,

Sarah

Reason:

Sarah Heath (FF visitor)

Postby Sarah Heath (FF visitor) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:34 pm

We couldn't agree more James! We love working with them, they do a great job! We've not written this article :-(

Kind regards,

Sarah

Reason:

Sarah Heath (FF visitor)

Postby Sarah Heath (FF visitor) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:45 pm

Thanks for the comments Linus. We (HHF or myself) have had no involvement with this blog post. This is not the views represented by our company. We LOVE working with top professionals, it creates a far better end result for the bride and grooms.

Kind regards,

Sarah

Reason:

Sarah Heath (FF visitor)

Postby Sarah Heath (FF visitor) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:53 pm

Hi Bob,

As we are a family run company, reputation is everything and we have worked tirelessly over 17 years to build up great links with reputable suppliers. This article clearly does not represent our views at all.

Kind regards,

Sarah

Reason:

Sarah Heath (FF visitor)

Postby Sarah Heath (FF visitor) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:55 pm

Hi George,

This article was not written by us, or represent our views at all. We work hard to build up relationships with top suppliers and this is clearly note echoed in the blog post. Professional photographers make a massive difference on the day, not only the day flows well as they know what they are doing, but the couple love receiving great photos of their special day afterwards too.

Kind regards,

Sarah

Reason:

Sarah Heath (FF visitor)

Postby Sarah Heath (FF visitor) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:56 pm

Hi Keyasa,

This article doesn't not represent HHF views at all, and has not come from us as a venue. We always encourage our couples to book a fantastic supplier for their day as it makes such a difference.

Kind regards,

Sarah

Reason:

Sarah Heath (FF visitor)

Postby Sarah Heath (FF visitor) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:56 pm

I couldn't agree more!

Kind regards,
Sarah

Reason:

Sarah Heath (FF visitor)

Postby Sarah Heath (FF visitor) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:03 pm

We totally agree Chris. This article has not been written by HHF and does not represent our views. Using a professional makes a massive difference to the end results as they know what they are doing.

Kind regards,

Sarah

Reason:

Sarah Heath (FF visitor)

Postby Sarah Heath (FF visitor) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:05 pm

Hi Chris,

This article has not been written by us, and certainly does NOT reflect our views. We too find that one of the biggest regrets following the day is not choosing professional suppliers.

Kind regards,

Sarah

Reason:

Return to “Weddings”