You May Need These Wedding Dress Shopping Tips

Swap advice, compare notes and make your special day extra special.

Moderator: Silent One

houmen
Beginner! Talk to me!

You May Need These Wedding Dress Shopping Tips

Postby houmen » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:26 am

Wedding is the time which is special for everyone. This is the time when every woman wants to look gorgeous and as beautiful as she can be. The most important part of a wedding is the process of choosing a wedding dress which is very special for the bride. Here are some tips you may need for choosing your wedding dress.Make sure your have a rich time and shopping your dress in advance. You’ll want to start wedding dress shopping for your gown as soon as possible: Make your final decision and place an order at least six months before the wedding. This will allow plenty of time for fittings, alterations, and coordination.

To determine the most flattering shape for your body type. Not only will you feel more comfortable on your wedding day, but you’ll look more beautiful than you ever expected. Allow your bridal shop owner to make suggestions for your body type. Don’t be afraid to try on all sorts of styles. You may be surprised to find that the style you never imagines yourself in might be the perfect style for you.

When choosing your wedding dress, you should take your wedding theme in mind. An evening event in a grand ballroom with a seated dinner and an orchestra calls for equally impressive formal attire; whereas for an outdoor afternoon wedding detailed with pots of wildflowers, food fresh off the grill, and a lively band, a smart suit for him and a white sundress or informal wedding dress for her would be charming. A bride’s hair and makeup also influence the overall effect.

Bring some friends with you but not many. This is one of the most important decisions of your wedding, and you’ll need good advice to make the right pick. Take your time and make a choice when you’re ready. If your maid of honor or a bridesmaid will bustle your wedding gown after the ceremony, she should attend your final dress fitting, so the seamstress can show her the technique.

At last, if you are on a tight budget, I recommend JuesheGowns.co.uk to you, a variety of wedding gowns are available at the web, and you can shop the right dress at affordable price.

franfran
Angel

Re: You May Need These Wedding Dress Shopping Tips

Postby franfran » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:20 pm

houmen wrote: You May Need These Wedding Dress Shopping Tips

No I don't. I'm already married.
Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

AudreyDean
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby AudreyDean » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:13 am

Thanks for the lovely tips...

reachanamikaagrawal
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby reachanamikaagrawal » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:40 pm

Hey,

I just joined in! Great tips!!

Weddings!! Isn't this time such a lovely time with so many dreams..plans.. :)

I got married 4 years back..just celebrated my anniversary recently!! :)

Along with planning the venue, photographer n all I also had a planned for dresses for my honeymoon nights..;)

I draped a simple cloth in various ways to spice up my nights with my husband..and in total privacy..for free..fast and easy..and hot!!

Guess what? He totally loved it

...and even now I spice up our lives anytime it becomes boring/usual/mundane..

Stay blessed!!

Anamika

Watson241

Postby Watson241 » Thu May 19, 2016 12:21 am

houmen wrote:Wedding is the time which is special for everyone. This is the time when every woman wants to look gorgeous and as beautiful as she can be. The most important part of a wedding is the process of choosing a wedding dress which is very special for the bride. Here are some tips you may need for choosing your wedding dress.Make sure your have a rich time and shopping your dress in advance. You’ll want to start wedding dress shopping for your gown as soon as possible: Make your final decision and place an order at least six months before the wedding. This will allow plenty of time for fittings, alterations, and coordination.

To determine the most flattering shape for your body type. Not only will you feel more comfortable on your wedding day, but you’ll look more beautiful than you ever expected. Allow your bridal shop owner to make suggestions for your body type. Don’t be afraid to try on all sorts of styles. You may be surprised to find that the style you never imagines yourself in might be the perfect style for you.

When choosing your wedding dress, you should take your wedding theme in mind. An evening event in a grand ballroom with a seated dinner and an orchestra calls for equally impressive formal attire; whereas for an outdoor afternoon wedding detailed with pots of wildflowers, food fresh off the grill, and a lively band, a smart suit for him and a white sundress or informal wedding dress for her would be charming. A bride’s hair and makeup also influence the overall effect.

Bring some friends with you but not many. This is one of the most important decisions of your wedding, and you’ll need good advice to make the right pick. Take your time and make a choice when you’re ready. If your maid of honor or a bridesmaid will bustle your wedding gown after the ceremony, she should attend your final dress fitting, so the seamstress can show her the technique.

At last, if you are on a tight budget, I recommend JuesheGowns.co.uk to you, a variety of wedding gowns are available at the web, and you can shop the right dress at affordable price.

My best advice would be to take your time and pick the dress YOU want, not the dress your mom wants, or your sister wants, or your bff wants, etc. This is your day, do what makes you happy. Get the right undergarments and you will have a beautiful day.

Awen9

Postby Awen9 » Thu May 26, 2016 1:34 am

Hi houmen,
Great tips for choosing wedding dress. I totally agree with you, it's a great idea to do shopping for your wedding before six months of the wedding. I am getting marriage next year and these tips will be very helpful for me.
Thanks!!

SamanthaPrice
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby SamanthaPrice » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:47 pm

Good tips indeed :)

I am about to go shopping for my dress, so I am gathering all the tips together :) I'll let you know if I find something you've missed!

alices00ze

Postby alices00ze » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:21 pm

Keep an open mind. More often than not, brides choose dresses that look nothing like the pictures they bring in, so try on everything the consultant brings you, even if it doesn’t look like “you.” Wedding gowns are made differently than regular dresses—they have layers and linings that pull you in in all the right places, so a style that doesn’t normally flatter you might be just the one for your wedding. Another thing that sometimes happens is a bride says she doesn’t like princess gowns, but falls in love with one when she puts it on—it is, after all, the most bridal of all looks. We also have what we call “hanger dresses.” Usually these are made of a thin material, like silk charmeuse or fine lace, and they look like sticks on the hangers. But on the right bride these gowns are stunning.
DAWGS Coupon Save up to 78% Off on 9″ Microfiber Boots Active and Latest

GinnyW
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby GinnyW » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:56 pm

I would also recommend first going to some boutique dress stores (even if they are out of your budget) that give you the whole store to just you for a certain amount of time. It is a much better environment to begin to understand what you like or don't for your wedding dress.
My photography for wedding photographers in MA if you care.

Return to “Weddings”