Would you cheat on your hen do?

Swap advice, compare notes and make your special day extra special.

Moderator: Silent One

Female First

by Female First » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:23 am

“I did have a one night stand on my hen party, but in a strange way I felt entitled to. I could not wait to marry my husband, but I also felt a burning desire to behave as if I was a single girl that Read more...

Helen (FF Visitor)

Postby Helen (FF Visitor) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:24 am

I agree it is still cheating at the end of say no matter where you are!

marriescott1
Beginner! Talk to me!

Re: Would you cheat on your hen do?

Postby marriescott1 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:02 pm

For me this is despicable and disgusting to cheat no matter what circumstances it happened. It is even worse on one's stag party, as the man is about to get married, which probably means that he is happy in his relationship and loves his wife-to-be, so I cannot quite understand why would he cheat on her. I think people still consider wedding as a loss of freedom and something bad, and this is the main reason why couples feel they should do something crazy, as this is probably the last moment that they are free. I am totally against such ideas, and I think that it means these people aren't ready to get married and nothing will stop them to cheat again and again.

jinjin

Postby jinjin » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:27 pm

Women being empowered to do the same thing as men is not necessarily an improvement. If you think it is socially acceptable for either a man or a woman to cheat then I would question the quality of the circle of friends that you keep. To me it is a way to start off a journey on the wrong foot.

suzzie76
High Priestess

Postby suzzie76 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:35 pm

jinjin wrote:Women being empowered to do the same thing as men is not necessarily an improvement. If you think it is socially acceptable for either a man or a woman to cheat then I would question the quality of the circle of friends that you keep. To me it is a way to start off a journey on the wrong foot.

Totally agree, if you think you need to have one last fling before the wedding you are not ready for the wedding and the marriage is probably a train wreck from the start.

Interesting to see if anyone here did so and how did their marriage last?

MoeMoe (FF Visitor)

Postby MoeMoe (FF Visitor) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:55 pm

it is cheating, when your in a relationship then you stick to it.
no hall pass or any of that junk.

thinking that its your last day to have fun is just ridiculous. you're getting married and that one extra night won't do you any good.

I would say that woman who do what they want on a hen night would eventually cheat during their marriage.
HOWEVER I won't say that because honestly their all humans, and humans suck at commitment.

in fact I doubt anyone today really knows what commitment or love means..with all their "open marriages" and "swinger life styles"

tottinghamboss (FF Visitor)

Postby tottinghamboss (FF Visitor) » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:57 am

If my fiancee cheated on my during a hen do then I'd cancel the wedding in a heart beat. Cheating is cheating. You can try and justify it by calling it feminism because 'that's what men do'. But it's not. Anyone who thinks that is an idiot.

Jake (FF Visitor)

Postby Jake (FF Visitor) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:24 am

These party things are just wrong. I wont be having a party before my marriage

SpicyDragoon . (FF visitor)

Postby SpicyDragoon . (FF visitor) » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:48 pm

That's complete crap. Any man or woman who cheats on someone is a morally repugnant scumbag, you might not be married but you were in a committed relationship preparing to take it to the furthest level of commitment, what's the point of the foundation of marriage was built on lies?

Reason:

suzzie76
High Priestess

Postby suzzie76 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:41 am

I think if you believe in a marriage where you are exclusive then you probably believe the same in your pre-marriage relationship/engagement period and for me this started around the time you start seeing each other. Not when you put on a engagement ring or wedding ring. The actual timing when you go exclusive may be not so clear, but I would have thought first date, kiss or some other strong indication you want to focus on each other only.

DavyJ
Advocate

Postby DavyJ » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:35 pm

My wife's friends really wanted to throw her a big party, and she was initially a bit hesitant, but I encouraged her to go. I said it was ok if she ended up in bed with some guy; I wanted her to have a good time. I could tell she was really excited about the prospect, and she quickly agreed I could do likewise, so it was a win-win for both of us. So, bottom line is I don't consider it "cheating" if you both agree ahead of time its ok.

DavyJ (FF visitor)

Postby DavyJ (FF visitor) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:42 pm

My wife's friends really wanted to throw her a big party, and she was initially a bit hesitant, but I encouraged her to go. I said it was ok if she ended up in bed with some guy; I wanted her to have a good time. I could tell she was really excited about the prospect, and she quickly agreed I could do likewise, so it was a win-win for both of us. So, bottom line is I don't consider it "cheating" if you both agree ahead of time its ok.

Reason:

suzzie76
High Priestess

Postby suzzie76 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:45 pm

DavyJ (FF visitor) wrote:My wife's friends really wanted to throw her a big party, and she was initially a bit hesitant, but I encouraged her to go. I said it was ok if she ended up in bed with some guy; I wanted her to have a good time. I could tell she was really excited about the prospect, and she quickly agreed I could do likewise, so it was a win-win for both of us. So, bottom line is I don't consider it "cheating" if you both agree ahead of time its ok.

Agree "cheating" is doing something behind the others back. In this case I doubt too many would be wanting to start a marriage in this fashion, certainly not me and I think if HB wanted to have one last go (which I doubt would be the last), before we were married then just him having thath thought would be enough for me wanting to call it quits.

DavyJ
Advocate

Postby DavyJ » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:15 am

suzzie76 wrote:
DavyJ (FF visitor) wrote:My wife's friends really wanted to throw her a big party, and she was initially a bit hesitant, but I encouraged her to go. I said it was ok if she ended up in bed with some guy; I wanted her to have a good time. I could tell she was really excited about the prospect, and she quickly agreed I could do likewise, so it was a win-win for both of us. So, bottom line is I don't consider it "cheating" if you both agree ahead of time its ok.

Agree "cheating" is doing something behind the others back. In this case I doubt too many would be wanting to start a marriage in this fashion, certainly not me and I think if HB wanted to have one last go (which I doubt would be the last), before we were married then just him having thath thought would be enough for me wanting to call it quits.
Everybody definitely has their own comfort levels, especially in something like this, and its obviously important for each partner to respect the other's feelings. I guess my point is what's wrong isn't the fling itself, but rather ignoring the other person's feelings about it.

Return to “Weddings”