locker room -- coverup?

The place to introduce yourself. A place to go if you just want a natter. Come in and chat away!
fast_swimmer

locker room -- coverup?

Postby fast_swimmer » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:03 am

When you're changing or showering at the gym/pool do you pretty much let it all hang out or do you try to be discreet (like shower in your suit and always go around in a towel)?

I'm pretty comfortable with my body and feel normal being undressed but other girls seem more shy sometimes. Or is it they think people would be offended to see that somehow? We've all got the same parts.

Re: locker room -- coverup?

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:36 am

I was never shy about my naked breasts, even when I developed to a D cup by sixteen, but baring all took longer. When I did it once (because all the other girls were going naked for a dare in the girls shower), I never wanted to shower in underwear again. Women don't need to cover up in front of other women or girls. I wear my bush grown out full. I go to a ladies sauna in the nude. I have encouraged other women who have asked me how it feels, to simply try it, and feel relaxed. Ladies showers and changing rooms are single sex because nudity is expected.

ext13
Wet behind the ears

Postby ext13 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:42 am

I think its pretty much the same for guys, little bit of uncomfortable at first, I think for a guy its a thing about size, just my opinion

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:35 am

I strip to my underwear to change for sports, but if I need to take off my bra or panties, I don't have a problem being naked in a ladies room. I usually wear a sports bra, and most ladies in my sports club change bras without a towel. After tennis I am usually sweaty, and I don't want that sweat on my body or my fresh bath towel, so I slip off my panties and walk naked to the showers with my towel in my hand. Most of my friends go naked when they need to. We usually shower naked after swimming, even if sometimes a girl comes in wearing her bikini, or sometimes an older woman wears her full swimsuit. It's an open shower room so there's plenty of female nudity in view. Sometimes a woman will ask us if we mind if she showers in her bikini, or once if we would prefer her to strip off, and I always put her at ease saying there is no need, but you will feel great after a full shower. I towel off naked and slip on my panties as soon as I am dry. There is a freedom in a ladies room. We have ladies changing rooms so we can be naked if we need to be. It's only the breasts and bum, and a little hair covering everything else. I think the women in the swimsuits and towels are more shocked by our natural female nudity than by any thoughts of baring themselves.

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:12 am

I think its pretty much the same for guys, little bit of uncomfortable at first, I think for a guy its a thing about size, just my opinion
I asked my husband. About half of the guys in his locker room bare all and walk completely naked to the showers with no towels. Most of the others wear towels to the shower room and shower in the nude. I asked him face out or face in (we usually face in while showering except to do our hair and rinse off, so the few shy ladies in swimsuits and towels don't have to see too much full frontal female nudity while they wait). He told me it is mostly face out. I asked him if any of the men are... and hesitated, but he knew what I meant, and yes, sometimes one or two are, and no, they don't usually cover up their erections. I asked him if he ever did, and he did and wore it full length because two other guys had them and weren't covering. I asked him what it feels like to be nude as a man, with external sex organs on display, and he said that it is simply natural and he didn't care, because as a man it is simply normal to have a p***s and testicles hanging between your legs. Even erect, I asked? Not normally, but if it happens, it is easier not to cover up, and just face into the shower for a minute.

ext13
Wet behind the ears

Postby ext13 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:35 pm

I would agree with all your husbands comments, and yes it ... sometimes happens, no big deal

light1313
Swami

Postby light1313 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:57 am

This is a really old post but I've only just seen it. If its an all lady's shower or changing room I just do whatever feels convenient for me. I dont feel the need to hide my parts but dont walk around showing them off either. I walk to and from the shower with the towel wrapped loosely around me but when I'm dressing or undressing I dont cover my parts. Niether do most of the women and I do see thier parts. I admit feeling jealous if I see a woman who has more beautiful breasts than I do amd I try not to stare :D

ext13
Wet behind the ears

Postby ext13 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:58 am

Have never been to a coed shower room, but if everyone else was free and easy I probably would be too

ext13
Wet behind the ears

Postby ext13 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:02 am

How are you tonight Light

Postby Guest » Tue May 22, 2018 10:35 pm

I am a B cup so I don't need to wear my bra all the time, and if I am dressing casual to go swimming, I don't. I wear a thong in summer. When I strip off to my underwear, my breasts and buttocks are already bare. I prefer to soap shower before and after swimming for good hygiene, and the thong is coming off before my bikini goes on, so I shower naked. I am sharing with other ladies, we all have a vulva, and it's a ladies only shower room, not a coed shower. Most ladies here bare all. When you are facing into the shower, you look the same as if showering topless in a string bikini, a naked woman. There is no need to cover up in a ladies room. I don't mind other women seeing my figure, breasts or vulva, and I see others every time I am in the showers.

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:40 am

I strip off in the locker room when I need to. I change into a sports bra if I am playing hockey or running, so I am usually down to briefs. If I am swimming, I simply strip naked, take a soap shower, and then put on my bikini. I don't dry off before swimming, so I just go to the showers completely naked. I shower naked after sport, and we have open showers so the other ladies will see me naked then. A few of the other middle-aged ladies don't like baring all, and that is fine, but only one lady has ever had a problem with others going naked. The younger women in my gym all go naked in the showers.

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Me and my friends went swimming over the summer and we were in our swimsuits showering then shared a family size changing cubicle and they stripped off quite happily in front of each other (3 of us mid-late 20s). I'm a real tomboy and not that comfy around girls, especially naked ones. So tried to keep to a corner praying I could get through this without them seeing my Spiderman y-fronts (yes, I wear boys pants) or Peppa Pig crop top (my boob's are small, like A24 and I buy children's underwear)

Loz and Amber (not real names) then started comparing their bodies, Loz wanted Amber's bum and Amber wanted Loz's boobs. I'm also bi (I'm an odd one, deal with) which they don't know and to add to my worrying their conversation was getting me excited. Noting my shyness they both move towards me and agree they'd love my hair I've got straight shoulder length fiery ginger hair, which is amazing and I'm well proud of!

Forgetting everything for a second I stand up and do the hair swish (you know the one) saying "yeah you would". Which made us all giggle, remembering everything I try to coyly cover up, which only served to draw their attention. Each taking an arm and exposing me they then compliment me saying I have a lovely tucked inney front bum (not the word used and still don't know what on earth it means) so they'd want that too and giggled noting that all of us are completely shaven.

Accepting that my humiliation is almost over the dreaded question is asked "OMG are you turned on right now?" (How could they tell!!!) I'm terrible at lying and turn an even bright red which is taken as a yes. When they stop giggling, they assured me it was fine and it wasn't a big deal and turned their attention to getting dressed and conversation to guys.

Then they start comparing underwear and posing in it, I'm standing in utter dread wrapped in a towel when they ask for a show. Kidding Loz says "oh come on it can't be as bad as when we found out Amber wears nappies to bed" giving her a smack Amber says "it's ok, we're all friends and won't tell anyone" looking at me these big puppy eyes, I pull the towel down and wait for the eruption of laughter, but instead they say that my top is adorably cute and that must be hard to find tops the right size. The laughter then starts when Amber states her brother has those pants that's really kl though never thought of wearing y-fronts. I'm laughing now and feeling much more comfy even giving a few poses, admitting they are so much comfier than thongs, we agreed that boyshorts are the best though.

I still get teased about this but it's OK and they still don't know I'm bi. Just wondering if this sort of thing is normal between girls and would you care if a friend was turned on whilst you were both changing?

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:36 am

I just strip off quickly to get the underwear issue over, briefs off under my skirt unless I have jeans or leggings and then I take them off with the leggings. The bra comes off last, and I wear the same as other girls have under their clothes. We are all different shapes, but our bums and boobs don't change size when we strip off our underwear, and every lady is bare from behind in the showers. Lady parts are all a little different and personal, (I am not "tucked in" and have my natural hair colour bush for a little modesty) and I have got a few comments on those, but only from my close friends, and only while we were all naked together. It's much easier to bare all if others are also naked. I have a few close friends and we sometimes all steam bath in the nude together (we have a steam room with our showers). All five of us find nudity relaxing, and we have taken ladies' saunas together in the nude on holiday. We sometimes chat about boyfriends in the showers, two of my friends have BFs and one said her BF told her (she asked him) that absolutely everything is on show in the mens showers, full frontal and sometimes nearly full girth and female nudity is much easier. Some of the older women come in naked as well, one lady in her seventies often steams and showers naked with us.

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:01 am

Whenever I see this thread am I the only one who thinks of that song let it all hang out? Don't remember any other line or who it's by, but every time that pops into my brain, without fail.

I don't, I'm a complete prude and very shy so cover up for as long and as much as possible. My swimsuit even has a skirt to avoid flashing anything when wedgies occur, front or back.

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:16 am

I go completely naked in a ladies shower room, and undress completely at my locker. I sometimes shower before sports, always before swimming, and always after, never in my swimsuit. There is no need to cover up. All my friends get to see is my breast size, which they can see when I in my bra, and my natural hair colour on my bush, which is black, so they all know I am not a natural blonde. I did a coed shower while hostelling, and a mixed sauna, and apart from the shock of the first minute in front of naked men, I didn't feel any more nude, just a little sexually aroused by the naked penises, which made me almost forget my own nudity.

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:23 am

I strip off naked in a ladies shower room, always shower naked before and after swimming and at least after other sports. My friends can see my breast size already, and we have been naked enough times for them to see I have a natural black bush between my legs, so my hair is dyed. I don't mind been naked with other ladies. I have showered coed and did a mixed sauna in the nude. I don't feel any more nude with men after the first shock of seeing the penises, which are a little exciting and arousing, and sometimes make me forget my own nudity.

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:28 pm

Not in the ladies. No, never! I had to shower naked as a senior at school, we all did, in open showers, and it is just so natural to have a space for my body to relax in. Once you get used to being a naked women and seeing a shower room full of naked women, it becomes completely normal. I am so comfortable nude that I am more relaxed than others in the changing rooms. I was on a team for two years where all of us were ladies who showered nude, and we decided to lock the changing room door every match and do our warm ups and team talk completely naked before we geared up to play. We even did our after match interviews naked if our local paper sent a lady journalist, which they always did for us, and once we did radio interviews in the nude, but we told them not to say it.

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:37 am

I strip off my underwear or bikini at my locker and walk naked to the shower. Women need to be comfortable naked and with seeing female nudity. Nudity is a body confidence builder. I hope that I encourage other women to go naked when they see me in my skin. There's nothing to hide. Our husbands and boyfriends are walking about the mens lockers with naked penises, and my husband tells me that very few cover up.

Return to “General Chit-Chat”