School underwear

The place to introduce yourself. A place to go if you just want a natter. Come in and chat away!
BeckyTheBest
Just warming up

Re: School underwear

Postby BeckyTheBest » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:46 pm

I was at school in the 70s and 80s and don't recall anything like that. Regulation knickers? No ... we just wore our own choice of knickers.

In primary school, if we forgot out PE shorts we were expected to do the lesson in our underwear, if it was an indoor lesson. Very embarrassing ... but it happened to most of us occasionally, so you kinda learned to accept it and live with it.

UKGent
Master Wizard

Postby UKGent » Mon May 07, 2018 6:13 pm

BeckyTheBest wrote:I was at school in the 70s and 80s and don't recall anything like that. Regulation knickers? No ... we just wore our own choice of knickers.

In primary school, if we forgot out PE shorts we were expected to do the lesson in our underwear, if it was an indoor lesson. Very embarrassing ... but it happened to most of us occasionally, so you kinda learned to accept it and live with it.

Though nearly all secondary schools in the UK during the 70's and 80's had a school uniform policy, i accept that some did not enforce 'regulation knicker' rule and pupils were allowed to wear their own choice of underwear (thongs were worn but they was never officially accepted). The only time 'regulation knickers' were worn as part of the school uniform policy for a lot of schools was during PE. At my school , when it was PE day, the girls brought in a pair for PE, something my sisters had to do on regular occasions, wear a pair for during school and a separate pair for PE.

Blouses and shirts had to be full arms, no short sleeves, neck ties worn at all times, even in hot weather. The only time you was allowed to wear a t-shirt was during PE and it had to be a plain white sports t-shirt. Anything with patterns, designs or other colours was not allowed.

As for primary school, ours had the same policy, if you forgot your PE shorts you had to do the lesson in your underwear (inside lessons only). This gave way to lots of giggles from both boys and girls when you'd see someone wearing 'themed' underwear, themed as in cartoon characters or based on popular toys such as barbie or action man. So yes, when that happened it certainly made you double check your bag for your PE kit.

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:23 pm

Did anyone else have pleated grey or black school skirts with knickers attached? I don't mean skorts, these were proper bikini cut knickers. Didn't have to wear anything user those.

They were soo comfy, used to wear them all the time, even outside of school, to my friends amusement. Found bikini bottoms with attached skirt the other day, same idea really.

kilt/skirt/skort
Wet behind the ears

Postby kilt/skirt/skort » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:04 am

Guest wrote:Did anyone else have pleated grey or black school skirts with knickers attached? I don't mean skorts, these were proper bikini cut knickers. Didn't have to wear anything user those.
They were soo comfy, used to wear them all the time, even outside of school, to my friends amusement. Found bikini bottoms with attached skirt the other day, same idea really.

Well if you don't mean skorts I don't how to describe the garment.
Closest thing would be a swim skirt with a skirt over an attached speedo swim suit.
The PLEATS would be accessorized trim - I have few by Nike that are like that.
A SKORT is a skirt and shorts combined - the shorts were either like a panty; compression short (think bike pants) or loose fitting like men's boxer shorts.
Can be worn with or without a panty thong brief.

Originally these were designed for youngsters to wear and were called scooters - scooting their butts on slides swings teeter-totters in and out of sand box etc.
Had a skirt like apron front and the rear was like shorts no apron coverage.
These were later adapted by young misses for the sport of tennis - shorts and skirt in one - some have ball pockets in the side seaming.
Today these are found on the tennis courts golf courses and a variety of sporting activities.
Very comfortable to wear shorter than skirts and with the internal panty modesty is protected - think mini-skirt with panty.
If you browse on Ebay for these there are some 40k + auction offerings.
"No Sex Please were British"

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:23 pm

I wore very childish underwear to school (still do at 27yo) Barbie and Winnie the Pooh knickers and boyshorts were common, coupled with Disney princess and my little pony bras (ok, crop tops as my boob's are small A24) even in secondary school. I got bullied alot but I like them and think they're cool.

Return to “General Chit-Chat”