barefoot fashion

Female Fashion Articles and Chat

Moderator: Silent One

danii

barefoot fashion

Postby danii » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:08 pm

hey ive decided that iv had enough of footwear and am going to spend the rest of the summer barefoot.

im fed up with having to wear uncomfortable shoes and i keep getting blisters especially on the inside near my big toe. :( so i would like some help to know what looks best when barefoot. whats the currrent barefoot fashion?

im 21, 5 ft 4 and slim if that helps. i was thinking about short cropped jeans and ankle bracelet. whats your opinion? should i go barefoot at all?

zak
Wet behind the ears

Postby zak » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:22 pm

Hi,

From a blokes perspective, yes by all means go barefoot. It was relatively common years ago and is due a revival.

You'll obviously get some people telling you it's a bad idea and may get the odd strange glance, but don't let them put you off.

Again, from a blokes point of view I would suggest long skirts or bootcut jeans. Toe rings and anklets are good.

I presume you would be going everywhere without shoes, such as the town centre, shops, pubs, friends etc? Are you ok with this? Have you been out barefoot in the past?

Take care and let's know how you do.

Z

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:34 pm

Hi Danhi,

You are definately doing the right thing. If you are having trouble with shoes and are happy to go barefoot you will be much more comfy without them.

Do you live in the UK and are you a student or wot, it would just help to advvise on what you could wear.

Are you planning to go barefoot in all weathers and around town and so on.

Let us know then will try to help.

Ali.

GBCockney
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby GBCockney » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:59 pm

I think it's great you are going to go barefoot. I believe you can buy 'barefoot sandals' that look like you may have sandals on (they go across the top of your foot), but the bottom of your feet are still bare.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

danii

Postby danii » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:39 am

soz about the delay i couldnt get on internet.
yes i live in the uk, peterborough area, not saying more though. i work in a shop at the mo but im looking for a "proper" job.

I have gone barefoot a few times, especially when i was younger, but not to go far only to like the shops round the corner.

sometimes i used to do it when a friend/ some friends called round and wanted me to come out for something and we mite hav got excited and i just never thought about putting shoes on. :lol: i never took a second thought ,but that was back when i was like 13/14, ive grown out of it now.

im just worried that il hav to keep watching the floor for glass and stuff cos if i do start walking round in the public barefoot i want to look natural with it.

VanessaEvans
Guru

Postby VanessaEvans » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:25 am

I only wear shoes when I go outside our garden.

Vanessa

dcgurl

Postby dcgurl » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:58 pm

who wears anything on their feet at home? i dont

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:36 pm

Hi Danii,

I think you will find it fine going barefoot, - just give it a try.

What type of shop do you work in, and are you able to go barefoot at work?

Also, have you seen the mule style slippers in shops like Monsoon / Accesorize? would these help They would certainly feel more comfy than proper shoes, and would'nt give you blisters. Plus they are really easy to just slip on and off. Would they help a bit?

Hope to hear from you again soon.

Ali.

bandit40
Chatter

Postby bandit40 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:26 pm

How gross, barefoot on the city streets, you have got to be kidding

midironmen

Going barefoot

Postby midironmen » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:45 am

Danii:

Hey I think it is great that you have decided to go barefoot!!

There is nothing wrong with it!!

Once you get used to it and are careful to watch where you walk,you should have no trouble with it!!

And it will be fun for you!!

There goes Danii walking down the street,
Looking pretty and with bare feet
There goes Danii!! :D

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:36 am

Don't be suckers, guys. I'm almost positive "Danni" is a guy pretending to be a girl. Look at the language--girls never talk like this.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:48 pm

Danni,

I am sure you are a girl, and not a bloke.

Have you considered just wearing socks and not bothering with shoes? You would be comfy and although you would still have to be carefull where you walk, it might be easier and not look as obvious as gong totally barefoot.

zakonium

Postby zakonium » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:16 pm

wouldnt that look like you forgot/lost your shoes?

is there a casual way to go barefoot without looking poor or a hippy? :think:

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:24 pm

wear wellies!

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:49 am

Don't be naive--it's a girl.

. wrote:Danni,

I am sure you are a girl, and not a bloke.

Have you considered just wearing socks and not bothering with shoes? You would be comfy and although you would still have to be carefull where you walk, it might be easier and not look as obvious as gong totally barefoot.

Return to “Fashion & Beauty”